The USMB Confessional

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
Dear USMB,

I confess that I am addicted to the show "Hoarding: Buried Alive".

It is a horror show.

The hoarders lives are so out of control and messy it give me anxiety attacks, which are relieved only when the pack rats start to get rid of their crap. I have even had a nightmare after watching one episode - but I can't stop! I want to see more hoarders go through interventions to tidy up their lives.

*shamefully*

boe

Dear USMB,

It is a horror show.

The hoarders lives are so out of control and messy it give me anxiety attacks, which are relieved only when the pack rats start to get rid of their crap. I have even had a nightmare after watching one episode - but I can't stop! I want to see more hoarders go through interventions to tidy up their lives.

*shamefully*

boe

My wife watches that one. She calls it therapy.

I watched it and it reminds me of growing up with my manic depressive mother.

I guess that's why I tend to go on throw everything away binges every couple of months. I tend to save everything digitally instead. My new computer has a terabyte of internal memory and i have another 1.5 terabytes of external hard drive storage. No clutter on my desk.

Last edited:
It is therapy! I cleaned all the junk off my coffee table after watching the last episode.

My mother is like Felix on the Odd Couple - our house was so clean when I was a kid that one friend said it was "Scary"! I'm not nearly as compulsive about neatness as my mother, but I do find it calming to have the house in reasonable tidy shape.

I also feel inspired to go through the closets to make a run to Salvation Army soon.

I watched it and it reminds me of growing up with my manic depressive mother.

I guess that's why I tend to go on throw everything away binges every couple of months. I tend to save everything digitally instead. My new computer had a terabyte of internal memory and i have another 1.5 terabytes of external hard drive storage. No clutter on my desk.

Seeing how the kids are affected by their mothers' hoarding is beyond sad. (Same thing with that program "I Eat 33,000 Calories A Day".)

I am addicted to Real Housewives of New York City, and New Jersey.. The women are idiots, and immature, but I love it. :redface:

I've never watched those - but it certainly sounds like "Guilty Pleasure Viewing".

I tend to like programs where the person gets some help, i.e. What Not To Wear. Watching idiots continue to be idiots without learning anything get dull quite quickly.

Last edited:
I like watching Holmes for Homes on HGtv.. He fixes bad contract jobs, for either little or no cost for the homeowners. ONe episode the person who did the remodel pretty much made on big fire hazard in these people's basement. They had little children, and their house was very close to catching on fire.

I like watching Holmes for Homes on HGtv.. He fixes bad contract jobs, for either little or no cost for the homeowners. ONe episode the person who did the remodel pretty much made on big fire hazard in these people's basement. They had little children, and their house was very close to catching on fire.

My wife has a crush on Mike Holmes. I'm thinking about buying a pair of overalls

My wife has a crush on Mike Holmes. I'm thinking about buying a pair of overalls

Do EEEEEeeeeeeeetttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Men look so adorable in overalls.

I watched this show a few times and found myself actually gagging. Do they continue on with therapy after the show or does the show go in, help clear then leave these people to go back. I cannot imagine living like that, not even close.

My gosh, and to think some people might have close to one of these houses and bring a covered dish to an event you all might attend.

LMAO

Maybe all these women think that could be JOHN HOLMES brother! (for those of you who remember)

One must weight all possibilities! :D

It's a pretty common theme that the hoarders never have guests - and end up fairly isolated.

The intervention team consists of a therapist and an organizer. Cleaning up the house without cleaning up the mind doesn't work.

Dear USMB,

It is a horror show.

*shamefully*

boe

The only Reality TV show I watch is..lol...Millionaire Matchmaker. I'm kind of new with it, so it may not last long..:lol:

I can only follow one reality show at a time. Hoarders is it for me right now. Sadly, it is only on once a week.

:(

Forum List

Back