The Used-to-be "Mormons"

Mormons represent the 2nd most gullible of the human species, right behind Scientologists.

Mormons get their asses raped and have to conform to Secular morality, because their Book is incompetent and doesn't withstand the test of times.

For example, their book says they "shall be a white and a delightsome people." They waited until the 1970s, when Society forced them to evolve, to even let Black folks become priests. Hard to reconcile when the dummies avow that their leaders speak directly from God.

Most religions evolve to social construction demands over time. The big question right now is when can sisters partake in the priesthood.

Ordain Women

How Gladys Knight Became a Mormon | LDS Living

Mormon and Gay - An Official Church Website
That's the sticking point. An omniscient being with absolute morality wouldn't need to wait for secular humans to enlighten themselves towards less barbaric morality....he'd/she'd/it would have known and taught it from the beginning.*

*If we are speaking of the Gods of the major earthly religions. An attribute of most of them is an unchanging nature.

Most organized religion is developed by humans who have rules that change with the times. Utah is a fun place to live :lol:
All, in my view. (instead of most)

But thats not what they PROCLAIM regarding their moral system. They proclaim its from their God, and then delight us with pseudo-psychological sophistry when the morality of the god in their book.....doesn't pass for civility in secular society.

Shrug groups do that.

Mormons represent the 2nd most gullible of the human species, right behind Scientologists.

Mormons get their asses raped and have to conform to Secular morality, because their Book is incompetent and doesn't withstand the test of times.

For example, their book says they "shall be a white and a delightsome people." They waited until the 1970s, when Society forced them to evolve, to even let Black folks become priests. Hard to reconcile when the dummies avow that their leaders speak directly from God.

Most religions evolve to social construction demands over time. The big question right now is when can sisters partake in the priesthood.

Ordain Women

That's the sticking point. An omniscient being with absolute morality wouldn't need to wait for secular humans to enlighten themselves towards less barbaric morality....he'd/she'd/it would have known and taught it from the beginning.*

*If we are speaking of the Gods of the major earthly religions. An attribute of most of them is an unchanging nature.

Most organized religion is developed by humans who have rules that change with the times. Utah is a fun place to live :lol:

But thats not what they PROCLAIM regarding their moral system. They proclaim its from their God, and then delight us with pseudo-psychological sophistry when the morality of the god in their book.....doesn't pass for civility in secular society.

Shrug groups do that.
Exactly, and the implication therein is that the once proclaimed UNCHANGING moral command/nature of most of their bibles...

changes...

therefore, dot dot dot...it was bullshit. It changes with the times...because that's what humans do. Their God's morality has been left at the door of dissonance.

This kid packs a lot of good info into one short video...

Ordain Women

Shrug groups do that.
Exactly, and the implication therein is that the once proclaimed UNCHANGING moral command/nature of most of their bibles...

changes...

therefore, dot dot dot...it was bullshit. It changes with the times...because that's what humans do. Their God's morality has been left at the door of dissonance.

I just don't think its limited to religion. I think a lot of organized groups have group think that can make sense or makes no sense. The Mormons believe God still talks to us and they have a living Prophet. Because of that rules will change if lessons have been learned. But yeah I agree with you about the absolutism.

Shrug groups do that.

changes...

I just don't think its limited to religion. I think a lot of organized groups have group think that can make sense or makes no sense. The Mormons believe God still talks to us and they have a living Prophet. Because of that rules will change if lessons have been learned. But yeah I agree with you about the absolutism.

Im not even implying its limited to religion, lol

Im saying it applies to ALL HUMANS, and Religions have proven to not have some omniscient, unchanging moral code but have instead been....as if by magic....

EXACTLY like the rest of humanity. (changes with the times)

Shrug groups do that.

changes...

Im saying it applies to ALL HUMANS, and Religions have proven to not have some omniscient, unchanging moral code but have instead been....as if by magic....

True.

Shrug groups do that.

changes...

True.

:4_13_65:

:flirtysmile4:

:icon_sjung:

The original text by Joseph Smith was "pure and delight some people.'
Brigham Young made the unauthorized change in 1845
You may argue that was convenient, but original Books of Mormon have been sold for years.

mormon-latter-day-saints-name.html

It seems that due to a revelation from "god," the Mormon "Pope" decrees that one should no longer refer to this religion as the "Mormons," or even "LDS." The full title should be used at all times, except for historical references to places and events and what-not. And of course we can still call The Book of Mormon, "The Book of Mormon."

But shall we continue to listen to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Tabernacle Choir?

Methinks that people, being who they are, are not going to spit out that whole thing in casual conversation, and eventually they will be referred to - as they currently refer to themselves in internal conversations - as the "Saints" (no relation to the New Orleans football team of the same name).

Could this be what the Pope is hoping for (but not saying)?

Will referring to a Mormon as a Mormon now be considered a micro-aggression? A hate crime? Will they be offended? Oy woy!

Just another hate-filled anti-LDS thread. So sad.

Shrug groups do that.

changes...

Why wouldn’t God command us different rules for different situations? He commanded Noah to build the ark because he knew the flood was coming. Does anyone really think we need to build one too or are God’s commands for us going to address our situations?

Abraham was commanded to leave his home land and go to Israel. Are we? Unlikely. He was commanded to offer up His Son Isaac. We have been commanded not to kill or anything like it.

God is the ruler of the Universe. He can command and revoke as He pleases. So what should we do? Seek Him and His righteousness? Or do we trust people who don’t know Him and cast judgements on Him?

Choose this day who you will serve. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

It seems that due to a revelation from "god," the Mormon "Pope" decrees that one should no longer refer to this religion as the "Mormons," or even "LDS." The full title should be used at all times, except for historical references to places and events and what-not. And of course we can still call The Book of Mormon, "The Book of Mormon."

But shall we continue to listen to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Tabernacle Choir?

Methinks that people, being who they are, are not going to spit out that whole thing in casual conversation, and eventually they will be referred to - as they currently refer to themselves in internal conversations - as the "Saints" (no relation to the New Orleans football team of the same name).

Will referring to a Mormon as a Mormon now be considered a micro-aggression? A hate crime? Will they be offended? Oy woy!

Just another hate-filled anti-LDS thread. So sad.

Haters going to hate

Matthew 5:11-12

Shrug groups do that.

changes...

Why wouldn’t God command us different rules for different situations? He commanded Noah to build the ark because he knew the flood was coming. Does anyone really think we need to build one too or are God’s commands for us going to address our situations?

Abraham was commanded to leave his home land and go to Israel. Are we? Unlikely. He was commanded to offer up His Son Isaac. We have been commanded not to kill or anything like it.

God is the ruler of the Universe. He can command and revoke as He pleases. So what should we do? Seek Him and His righteousness? Or do we trust people who don’t know Him and cast judgements on Him?

Choose this day who you will serve. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord

You don't need religion to talk to God.

Shrug groups do that.

changes...

full of non sequiturs. look that up dude

Shrug groups do that.

changes...

You don't need religion to talk to God.

No. You dont. But you are much less inclined to without it

Jehovah's Witnesses' is an offshoot of the Mormon Latter Day Saints. Utah is a neat State and the Beehive is on every State Trooper car and is the symbol of industry and not similar to a 155mm beehive round.

Jehovah's Witnesses' is an offshoot of the Mormon Latter Day Saints. Utah is a neat State and the Beehive is on every State Trooper car and is the symbol of industry and not similar to a 155mm beehive round.

Jehovahs witnesses have nothing to do with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. they are as much of an offshoot from us as the Catholic Church is an offshoot from us

Forum List

Back