The USA Losing Its Middle Class?

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Pain-In-The-Wallet-460x351.jpg

51% of all Americans make less than $30k per year.

Food costs going up.

Massive hikes in medical costs.

46 million using food banks every year.

On any given night, there are half a million people living on the streets or in their vehicles.

Welcome to the Democrat/Obama paradise.

And, for one, you progressives READ the article and follow the links before spouting off. Read the story @ Pocketbook Pain: The Rapidly Rising Cost Of Living Is Absolutely Killing The Middle Class In America

it's a valid bitch,

but the article writer had no suggestions at all, on solutions....

Step #1: Eliminate the minimum wage, to encourage hiring of unskilled and inexperienced workers.

Step #2: Implement a flat tax, both personal and corporate, to avoid game-playing in tax avoidance.

Step #3: Repeal Davis Bacon and all of its imitators throughout the country.

Step #4: Rebuild our infrastructure.

Step #5: Enforce the laws regarding employment of people not in the country legally (you wouldn't know it, but it is a felony to do so)

Step #6: Aggressively fight Chinese dumping of steel and other materials into this country.

Step #7: Re-write ObamaCare in a bi-partisan fashion.

That would be a good start.

Step #1: Eliminate the minimum wage, to encourage hiring of unskilled and inexperienced workers.

Step #2: Implement a flat tax, both personal and corporate, to avoid game-playing in tax avoidance.

Step #3: Repeal Davis Bacon and all of its imitators throughout the country.

Step #4: Rebuild our infrastructure.

Step #5: Enforce the laws regarding employment of people not in the country legally (you wouldn't know it, but it is a felony to do so)

Step #6: Aggressively fight Chinese dumping of steel and other materials into this country.

Step #7: Re-write ObamaCare in a bi-partisan fashion.

That would be a good start.
Yeah, we wouldn't have to worry about China then. We would be just like them. A bunch of people working for a couple bucks a day.

The answer;

-Base Federal tax for corporations at 30% of revenue.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2015 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with 500 employees or less, employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2015 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce small business costs for employees and taxes to 30%. That's a 15%-30% drop.

My plan would put BILLIONS into the economy daily.

My plan would put the $100 trillion plus currently owned by corporate America back into the economy.

My plan would end all welfare.

My plan would significantly increase social security and pension payments.

My plan would hold prices for 10 years, thus eliminating inflation.

Food costs going up.

On any given night, there are half a million people living on the streets or in their vehicles.

And, for one, you progressives READ the article and follow the links before spouting off. Read the story @ Pocketbook Pain: The Rapidly Rising Cost Of Living Is Absolutely Killing The Middle Class In America

Obama wants to narrow the current wage disparity. Republicans want status quo.

100% stupid as always. That would raise their taxes 15 times. The price of an average American car, for example, would have an extra tax on it of $6000. That would instantly bankrupt our entire industry and instantly unemploy 2 million people!!

1% is 100% stupid and liberal

100% stupid as always. That would raise their taxes 15 times. The price of an average American car, for example, would have an extra tax on it of $6000. That would instantly bankrupt our entire industry and instantly unemploy 2 million people!!

Under my plan the net cost would be zero, thus putting thousands back into small business.

Food costs going up.

That's the Republican Paradise. You can see it on Fox right now. It's called the Republican Presidential debates.

Under my plan the net cost would be zero, thus putting thousands back into small business.

100% stupid as always. Raising corporate taxes 15 times higher than any other country in the world is 100% stupid. The price of an average American car, for example, would have an extra tax on it of $6000. That would instantly bankrupt our entire industry and instantly unemploy 2 million people!!

100% stupid as always. Raising corporate taxes 15 times higher than any other country in the world is 100% stupid. The price of an average American car, for example, would have an extra tax on it of $6000. That would instantly bankrupt our entire industry and instantly unemploy 2 million people!!

It would actually Globally Equalize the price of cars?
Why do think most other countries are driving small cars?
Big cars COST too much.
I know, I know, let me say it for you,"100% Liberal Stupidity".
Now go crawl back in your hole.

It would actually Globally Equalize the price of cars?

50% of American cars are now small cars. So it would bankrupt our auto industry and unemploy millions. Totally stupid and totally liberal.

Totally stupid and totally Conservative.
I know lots of people with 3 kids or more who have at least 2 SUVS plus single people I work with.
NYS has a plethora of SUVs.

I heard an interesting theory espoused yesterday.

The Federal Reserve is artificially suppressing the interest rates, in order to (supposedly) keep the country from slipping back into another recession.

However, the impact of suppressed interest rates is cheaper loans - loans which companies are using to pay off higher cost loans and buy back their own stocks. Buyback of stocks results in the value of the stocks increasing, thus increasing the net worth of the stockholders. And, who are the stockholder? The upper echelons of the financial scale. In short, depressed interest rates are making the rich richer.

Then, of course, there is the other end of the scale - depressed interest rates makes is more difficult for the lower middle class (and below) to get loans in order to improve their position (Remember, low rate of return requires minimized risk).

So, we have a 2-for-1 bang from depressed interest rates. The rich get richer - and poorer can't. Thus, the significant increase in income inequality.

I heard an interesting theory espoused yesterday.

The Federal Reserve is artificially suppressing the interest rates, in order to (supposedly) keep the country from slipping back into another recession.

However, the impact of suppressed interest rates is cheaper loans - loans which companies are using to pay off higher cost loans and buy back their own stocks. Buyback of stocks results in the value of the stocks increasing, thus increasing the net worth of the stockholders. And, who are the stockholder? The upper echelons of the financial scale. In short, depressed interest rates are making the rich richer.

Then, of course, there is the other end of the scale - depressed interest rates makes is more difficult for the lower middle class (and below) to get loans in order to improve their position (Remember, low rate of return requires minimized risk).

So, we have a 2-for-1 bang from depressed interest rates. The rich get richer - and poorer can't. Thus, the significant increase in income inequality.

No theory...The Wall Street Journal and other Financial Publications discuss this all the time.

The answer;

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2015 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with 500 employees or less, employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2015 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce small business costs for employees and taxes to 30%. That's a 15%-30% drop.

My plan would put BILLIONS into the economy daily.

My plan would put the $100 trillion plus currently owned by corporate America back into the economy.

My plan would end all welfare.

My plan would significantly increase social security and pension payments.

My plan would hold prices for 10 years, thus eliminating inflation.

PLEASE tell me you know better than this .... this is sarcasm, right?

Forum List

Back