The USA Just Became The World’s Largest Oil Producer

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
campaign-promise-broken-trump-cartoon.jpg

Another plus for President Trump that the media won’t give him credit for.

U.S. crude oil production exceeded that of Saudi Arabia for the first time in more than two decades,” EIA reported Wednesday. “In June and August, the United States surpassed Russia in crude oil production for the first time since February 1999.”

Indeed, U.S. drillers have continued to smash production records in 2018, including hitting 11 million barrels a day in output in July. That’s about double what the U.S. produced per day just eight years ago.

More @ The USA Just Became The World's Largest Oil Producer

The US is very proud to become the 'first' at most anything that it become first at.
Americans love to boast & that is likely why Trump appeals to <20% of the total US population.
The media may, or may not give Trump credit; that is debatable.

Under the presidency of Ronald Reagan the US went from being the largest creditor nation to being the largest debtor nation.
I wonder if Reagan ever got credit for that one?

Bad idea. We need to keep ours in the ground and use up everybody else's, keeping ours in reserve. Solar and other sources aren't going to cover our entire needs, and the sooner we burn up the ME's and Russia's petroleum the better.

and LNG exports are climbing too.

We're burning off so much over-production of natural gas it's criminal. The equivalent of powering several major cities every year is being wasted due to glutted markets and not enough transportation outlets, which in turn aren't economical viable because of the glutted markets.

Bad idea. We need to keep ours in the ground and use up everybody else's, keeping ours in reserve. Solar and other sources aren't going to cover our entire needs, and the sooner we burn up the ME's and Russia's petroleum the better.

Oil is an abiotic fluid and the second most prevalent fluid on earth right after water. It is generated by the moving of the earth's crust and not a finite resource....at all.

Oil is an abiotic fluid and the second most prevalent fluid on earth right after water. It is generated by the moving of the earth's crust and not a finite resource....at all.

Speculation. No proof of that, and in any case it doesn't come within reach of our drilling rigs except in a few areas determined by geography and size of pools, not wishful thinking. Even if there are 700 trillion gallons of it we only have access to very little of that.

Speculation. No proof of that, and in any case it doesn't come within reach of our drilling rigs except in a few areas determined by geography and size of pools, not wishful thinking. Even if there are 700 trillion gallons of it we only have access to very little of that.

Actually, oil has been struck a mile deep in the earth's crust. Artificial scarcities created to raise the price and all because of the "petro dollar" agreement after USA.INC bailed on the Bretton Woods agreement.

Actually, oil has been struck a mile deep in the earth's crust. Artificial scarcities created to raise the price and all because of the "petro dollar" agreement after USA.INC bailed on the Bretton Woods agreement.

And how much did that mile deep hole cost, and where is it?

My point was that oil isnt a fossil fuel consisting of liquefied dinosaur matter.

My point was that oil isnt a fossil fuel consisting of liquefied dinosaur matter.

Definitely true about natural gas but anaerobic bacteria in the Dead Sea is the only proven and accepted form of natural creation of petroleum. The Russian data on continuous creation only supports tundra creation.so far.

campaign-promise-broken-trump-cartoon.jpg

Another plus for President Trump that the media won’t give him credit for.

U.S. crude oil production exceeded that of Saudi Arabia for the first time in more than two decades,” EIA reported Wednesday. “In June and August, the United States surpassed Russia in crude oil production for the first time since February 1999.”

Indeed, U.S. drillers have continued to smash production records in 2018, including hitting 11 million barrels a day in output in July. That’s about double what the U.S. produced per day just eight years ago.

More @ The USA Just Became The World's Largest Oil Producer

Good or bad, this is another Obama era trend Trump has had little chance to stop or speed up yet.

US oil production by year at DuckDuckGo

I'll say its good to have some chance of satisfying our needs if/when OPEC gets angry at us.

I'll say its bad to potentially pump ourselves dry or just to REALLY expensive to extract oil before they pump themselves dry or to their costly to extract reserves.

Forum List

Back