The USA is going to war again.

What's the point. Ghadafi has already slaughtered his citizens and is now in control again.

The point is that, if McCain were President right now, we'd already have military intervention in Libya that could be anything from a "no fly zone" to boots on the ground.

This is why I voted for Obama.

geaux, Other than the far left in The Democratic Party, The Democrat majority & GOP Majority will end up voting for this. Trust me bro. :cool: ~BH

What's the point. Ghadafi has already slaughtered his citizens and is now in control again.

The point is that, if McCain were President right now, we'd already have military intervention in Libya that could be anything from a "no fly zone" to boots on the ground.

Not sure about the McCain thing but we're about to see about who is involved in the no fly zone. And no, let the rags kill each other. It's not worth our involvement.

McCain has been screaming for a no fly zone.

You think he'd have a different tune as President?

I think we can do better than "let the rags kill each other".

This is stupid. Really.

On many levels i have an opinion on this:

1-after the Leftist turds attacked the US, then begged us to intervene in Darfur, and now this, I am of mind to tell the Leftist assholes: "Fuck you" after the pounding Bush and Conservatives took since 2003, for in essence, what would be doing to Khadafi exactly what was done to Saddam.

2-as a humanitarian, seeing armed animals defending Khadafi the dictator as they slaughter civilians does not sit well with me

3-if we allow Khadafi to survive in power against this rebellion, he will be VERY angry at the West, and might unleash levels of terrorism against Europe and the US on a level we have not yet seen before

Bottom line, even though the Leftist trash can choke to death after their endless screeching over the "illegal war on iraq," the hornet's nest of terrorism that Libya would become if Khadafi retained power would be untenable; he would seek massive revenge against the West for its support of the rebels, and would come after the US/EU like a woman scorned.

That I cannot accept, so at this point, we in the West have no choice, since we've openly sided with the rebels - we HAVE to depose him, and soon.

Not sure about the McCain thing but we're about to see about who is involved in the no fly zone. And no, let the rags kill each other. It's not worth our involvement.

You're probably correct. But I am not confident that President Obama won't end up doing the same thing.

I think he would have been a poor prez, equally disappointing as what we're seeing right now. I think we can do better than involving ourselves in ME entanglements.

This is stupid. Really.

1-after the Leftist turds attacked the US, then begged us to intervene in Darfur, and now this, I am of mind to tell the Leftist assholes: "Fuck you" after the pounding Bush and Conservatives took since 2003, for in essence, what would be doing to Khadafi exactly what was done to Saddam.

2-as a humanitarian, seeing armed animals defending Khadafi the dictator as they slaughter civilians does not sit well with me

3-if we allow Khadafi to survive in power against this rebellion, he will be VERY angry at the West, and might unleash levels of terrorism against Europe and the US on a level we have not yet seen before

Bottom line, even though the Leftist trash can choke to death after their endless screeching over the "illegal war on iraq," the hornet's nest of terrorism that Libya would become if Khadafi retained power would be untenable; he would seek massive revenge against the West for its support of the rebels, and would come after the US/EU like a woman scorned.

That I cannot accept, so at this point, we in the West have no choice, since we've openly sided with the rebels - we HAVE to depose him, and soon.

But that's another bag of worms. Who the heck are these rebels? They could be worse that Khadafi. They may turn it into another Iran. We have zero information here.

I think he would have been a poor prez, equally disappointing as what we're seeing right now. I think we can do better than involving ourselves in ME entanglements.

We won't get out of our ME Entanglements until we become energy independent. It's a fact.

If you were trying to make a point, I missed it. Oh yeah sure bro. Of course, It's the GOP who desires it. Hey? I don't give a fuck who supports it, it would be a mistake. Lugar doesn't seem to like the idea. Hillary said that "the step would require a declaration of war from Congress under the War Powers Act."

You've been bamboozled by selective editing. First, Lugar said that. Secondly, Clinton has never made a position statement for or against a no fly zone. She has merely (if you read the above article) made statements of fact. It is beyond her pay grade as the Secretary of State to commit us to a conflict.

She's serves on the Senate armed services committee. She's a war monger just like the rest of them. No worries, You'll see. ;)

Served. She's Secretary of State now. I agree she got fooled on Iraq. It is why I didn't vote for her.

Course, Lugar finished with this " He asked that Arab governments pay for any U.S. military involvement". So I guess it's ok as long as we don't have to pay for it, which we will end up doing anyway. I don't care about (R's) vs (D's), these carpetbaggers on both sides take the same orders from their masters. ~BH

I took that as Lugar saying: "We are tired of spending American resources on other nation's conflicts."

But, I've always liked Lugar. One of the more intelligent GOPers.

I didn't get "bamboozled" by anything. I read the article 3 times. I stand corrected about Hillary, and I know she's Secretary of State, but she was on that Committee. Good for Lugar. And I took it the same way, but it's wrong if we pay for it, or if we don't. ~BH

If Sen Lugar doubts the US interests will be served by the no fly zone is it safe to say that someone else's interest is more important ?

What would ever give you that idea? :eusa_shhh: ~BH

I have this sneaky feeling that the UN didn't vote for the no fly zone to protect Libyans.
I don't think the US voted "yes" because they care about Libyans.
Whoever "interests" are going to be served should take the lead.

You realize if we do go to war, we would currently be in Libya, Iraq, and Afghanistan. Three Muslim countries. There could be serious ramnifications for these actions. I'm talking at least a regional conflict.

I'll do you one better, I believe we are not far from attacking Iran, which should have been done instead of just about everything else over there...

I have this sneaky feeling that the UN didn't vote for the no fly zone to protect Libyans.
I don't think the US voted "yes" because they care about Libyans.
Whoever "interests" are going to be served should take the lead.

Maybe the UN has some interests in us getting into another war....

You realize if we do go to war, we would currently be in Libya, Iraq, and Afghanistan. Three Muslim countries. There could be serious ramnifications for these actions. I'm talking at least a regional conflict.

I'll do you one better, I believe we are not far from attacking Iran, which should have been done instead of just about everything else over there...

I don't think we will do that. I think that will be Israel.

The way things are looking reminds me an awful lot about WW1. Things started off innocently enough but then quickly spiralled out of control.

This is stupid. Really.

But that's another bag of worms. Who the heck are these rebels? They could be worse that Khadafi. They may turn it into another Iran. We have zero information here.

Which is just how they like it. ~BH

I don't think we will do that. I think that will be Israel.

The way things are looking reminds me an awful lot about WW1. Things started off innocently enough but then quickly spiralled out of control.

Yeah, They should do something over there to help out. And yeah, This is how World Wars start. Imagine if we had some sort of unrest here, and Russia or China decided to support whoever was against The U.S Government? ~BH

Here is the liberal rope-a-dope by, gotohell. This may come as a surprise but McCain, isn't the President. Your home boy Obama bin Lyin, is in the hot seat. Remember? You voted for the Messiah didn't you?

I will say this though. If McCain were in the White House we'd have a President that was competent enough to lead. With Obama as CinC one thing has come into very sharp focus. His years of experience as an ACORN operative didn't prepare him for the job. He is in way over his head. Even John Kerry, is becoming frustrated with his lack of leadership.

Forum List

Back