The US may soften sanctions against Iran

modi is making a big mistake. Politically---both Iran and China are
INDIA HATERS
BRIC agreement seems to disagree with that.

Iran is not part of BRICS. Although iRosie is wrong in saying that Iran hates India but Iran is certainly not in love with India. Iran was happy to drop all trade agreements with India as soon as sanctions on it were lifted under Obama administration. Iran is back to trading with India as soon as Trump imposed sanctions on it. This is business. It is not hard to imagine that every country has people who need basic necessities to get by. Trade and commerce is the best way to uplift standard of living. This is why India trades with US and this is why India trades with Russia or Iran or China or Japan or ... You get the picture. As far as India is concerned, its trade is aimed at improving the lives of average Indians. It is not aimed at challenging dollar or any country.

China has attacked India quite a few times. Not too long ago, there was a serious military standoff between India and China. So there is some hate in China towards India but at the end of the day, China too has mouth to feed and therefore trade and commerce with India becomes an inevitability for China. To my surprise, trade between India and China have gone really up.
I never said Iran was in that deal..........India and China are............on the money deal they are in agreement....stop worrying about a few border spats.............they only have a quarter of the population of the earth between them. Probably fighting over a sandwich.

INDIA HATERS

Iran is not part of BRICS. Although iRosie is wrong in saying that Iran hates India but Iran is certainly not in love with India. Iran was happy to drop all trade agreements with India as soon as sanctions on it were lifted under Obama administration. Iran is back to trading with India as soon as Trump imposed sanctions on it. This is business. It is not hard to imagine that every country has people who need basic necessities to get by. Trade and commerce is the best way to uplift standard of living. This is why India trades with US and this is why India trades with Russia or Iran or China or Japan or ... You get the picture. As far as India is concerned, its trade is aimed at improving the lives of average Indians. It is not aimed at challenging dollar or any country.

China has attacked India quite a few times. Not too long ago, there was a serious military standoff between India and China. So there is some hate in China towards India but at the end of the day, China too has mouth to feed and therefore trade and commerce with India becomes an inevitability for China. To my surprise, trade between India and China have gone really up.
I never said Iran was in that deal..........India and China are............on the money deal they are in agreement....stop worrying about a few border spats.............they only have a quarter of the population of the earth between them. Probably fighting over a sandwich.

sorry vik------I still INSIST that Modi is skating on thin ice------getting
all kissy with china

INDIA HATERS

all kissy with china

Who do you suggest he should be kissing then?

INDIA HATERS

all kissy with china

??? ^^ NOT!!! I do not say----I advise against. There was a
time in my long drawn out life that I worked in proximity to lots of
young Indian and Iranian professionals-----new immigrants to
the USA-----Iranian disdain was palpable-----be not dismayed---
it was more intense toward Pakistanis----and MOST intense toward
muslim Indians. BEWARE, modi

all kissy with china

It is not about personal fillings to each other, it is about economy. India needs Iranian oil and routes for exporting its goods, Iran needs Indian money and investment. As long as there is mutual interest, there will be cooperation.

all kissy with china

It is not about personal fillings to each other, it is about economy. India needs Iranian oil and routes for exporting its goods, Iran needs Indian money and investment. As long as there is mutual interest, there will be cooperation.

Of course---I hope the mutual benefit HOLDS up. HOWEVER there is
always Kashmir as an EMOTIONAL issue for angry muslims-----the good
news is that most Indian muslims are sunnis (some Sufis and some Shiites)----the very first Indian I knew well was a Shiite from New Dehli----
he harbored LOTS OF HATRED against hindus------almost ludicrous----
as far as he was concerned all of the Indian subcontinent was and STILL
is DA MUHGHAL EMPIRE. He got pissed if I spoke admiringly of
the saris the hindu ladies wore or of HINDU ART. As far as he was
concerned MUSLIMS INVENTED DAL AND CHAPPATIS. A point of
interest-----he studied farsi as if it is a "holy language"----didn't know a
word of Arabic. (I was young----this stuff confused and fascinated me
back then)

all kissy with china

Can you say why the Iranians you knew back then had such attitude towards Pakistanis and Muslim Indians?

Well, the time has come. The US reinstalled sanctions against Iran in full scale including more than 700 people and entities in banking sector, oil industry, transport companies and so on. Eight countries - China, India, S Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Italy, Greece and Turkey - got temporal waivers allowing them to buy Iranian oil for 180 days. Also, if I understand properly, the sanctions wont include the nuclear power station in Busher.
It isnt clearly about Swift yet. The US vowed to impose sanctions against it if the system will continue cooperation with Iranian banks. The system cut off some Irsnian banks (without specification as far as Im aware) citing not American sanctions but 'the need in stability of global banking system. It is unclear whether they will cut off a limited number of banks or Iran as a whole.

NEW DELHI — India has welcomed a U.S. decision to allow it to continue to import Iranian crude oil and develop an Iranian port for trade with Afghanistan despite Washington's reimposition of sanctions on Iran.

The spokesman of India's External Affairs Ministry, Raveesh Kumar, said Friday that Iranian crude oil is very important for India's energy needs and security.

He declined to say how much crude oil India will continue to import from Iran.

During the April-June quarter, India bought 5.67 million tons of Iranian oil.

The United States has granted waivers on the sanctions to eight countries, bowing to concerns that a complete end to imports of oil from Iran would cause economic disruptions.

India lauds US exemption on Iranian oil sanctions :: WRAL.com

Forum List

Back