The US latest fail

mwahahaha

Rookie
Nov 29, 2010
Thanks God we have Wikileaks, such a nice place where we can see all of the US inside facts! The last leakage showed the real face of America and its leaders, the piggish attitude of the White House and its inhabitants to all of their partners in the political arena. Hard-hitting and simply offensive epithets just a trifle, some of those letters contain racy and intimate details concerning the private life of the European leaders. In fact the American bastards spat upon their partners! And now when the biggest part of those revealed letters was lost, the Americans are completely fucked up! Exposed themselves like a band of suckers! The fact of the massive and repeated leakage of the American data and documents, as well as its appearance in the public domain, shows the descent of the US’s authority in the world. America isn’t considered as an almighty superpower anymore. If previously everyone feared and respected the US, now no one will do that. Never. Because the US’s time is gone and now the only thing the US can do is to put Hillary on the TV and making her weeping about the leakage and telling tall tales to the world in a mean attempt to save the sinking ship.

Thanks God we have Wikileaks, such a nice place where we can see all of the US inside facts! The last leakage showed the real face of America and its leaders, the piggish attitude of the White House and its inhabitants to all of their partners in the political arena. Hard-hitting and simply offensive epithets just a trifle, some of those letters contain racy and intimate details concerning the private life of the European leaders. In fact the American bastards spat upon their partners! And now when the biggest part of those revealed letters was lost, the Americans are completely fucked up! Exposed themselves like a band of suckers! The fact of the massive and repeated leakage of the American data and documents, as well as its appearance in the public domain, shows the descent of the US’s authority in the world. America isn’t considered as an almighty superpower anymore. If previously everyone feared and respected the US, now no one will do that. Never. Because the US’s time is gone and now the only thing the US can do is to put Hillary on the TV and making her weeping about the leakage and telling tall tales to the world in a mean attempt to save the sinking ship.

So should we throw a parade for the traitor who hacked into the classified information?

If you think this "ship" is sinking then you are a complete fool.

Sinking implies 'going down'.
US power = X
US power after this transition phase = X minus Y

And the power-loss is not only caused by US domestic politics+economy, but also of the emergence of other nations, who simply grow and advance at faster pace then the USA.

Between 2010-2020, the USA will take another 9 Trillion $ in debt.
Half of it only to serve interest payments on existing debt.
In 2015, a third of federal tax income will go just to serve interest on debt.
Interest due on U.S. debt: Close to $5 trillion - Nov. 19, 2009

Now think, what happens, if Credit Rating Agencies start to downgrade USA on credit-ratings, as the Chinese Rating Agency also did.

If you think this "ship" is sinking then you are a complete fool.

Sinking implies 'going down'.
US power = X
US power after this transition phase = X minus Y

And the power-loss is not only caused by US domestic politics+economy, but also of the emergence of other nations, who simply grow and advance at faster pace then the USA.

Between 2010-2020, the USA will take another 9 Trillion $ in debt.
Half of it only to serve interest payments on existing debt.
In 2015, a third of federal tax income will go just to serve interest on debt.
Interest due on U.S. debt: Close to $5 trillion - Nov. 19, 2009

Now think, what happens, if Credit Rating Agencies start to downgrade USA on credit-ratings, as the Chinese Rating Agency also did.

What's that got to do with the Wiki leaks?

But staying with it, yes, when the numbers are repeated, it always looks like a dire no-win situation, but our economy is not retracting like Greece's or Ireland's. It is slowly recovering, and the US will continue to be a safe investment that will exist long before China starts to be perceived as the world's financial safe haven instead of the US. We need to do some serious budget cutting AND some serious collection of tax revenue. I think people forget that it was the combination of those two that put the economy back on track within a couple of years, in spite of terrible debt-to-income ratios also existing during the 90's. It can be done again, and I believe it will.

The World revolves around the U.S. and this wont be changing anytime soon despite all the loon wishful thinking. I've been hearing predictions of America's demise for a long long time. It never pans out. It's always just more loony Anti-American wishful thinking in the end. Just add this winger OP to the long list of failed prognosticators. The U.S. will be around for a long long time. End of story.

Last edited:
What's that got to do with the Wiki leaks?
It was an answer to truthmatters post.
Although that user often hits the nail, I thought I have to give an input to that 'sinking ship'-discussion.
My argument was not, that the ship is sinking, but the world is in a transition phase, where USA will have less power to dictate the agenda. .

MaggieMae said:
But staying with it, yes, when the numbers are repeated, it always looks like a dire no-win situation, but our economy is not retracting like Greece's or Ireland's. It is slowly recovering, and the US will continue to be a safe investment that will exist long before China starts to be perceived as the world's financial safe haven instead of the US. We need to do some serious budget cutting AND some serious collection of tax revenue. I think people forget that it was the combination of those two that put the economy back on track within a couple of years, in spite of terrible debt-to-income ratios also existing during the 90's. It can be done again, and I believe it will.

The environment has changed significantly since the 90's. Changes in that way, that there are now more countries who already have passed the critical mass of relevance or are in the process of passing it. Those countries also develop at much faster pace then the USA, so the gap to the USA is closing. Closing the gap is meant when it comes to China.
The development and emergence of smaller countries like Brazil etc. increase the cost for the USA to set the agenda in their respective geography, which leads to redeploying capabilities from elsewhere to that region.

That the US economy will grow and such I don't doubt, but financially, the USA has to transfer more and more money from the budget (tax incomes) to its creditors all over the world. Like milking a cow. It is very hard to revert the debt statistics of the USA and the effects which come with it if the US budget remains at current size.
What the USA currently does is power-projection partly financed by others, and this trend will rise, whilst power-projection becomes more expensive due to the rise of other countries residing in regions where the USA wants to project power into.

Yes the U.S. is going to completely collapse because of Wikileaks. You sure about that? Let me give a you Anti-American wingers a quick dose of reality. This Wikileaks stuff will go away very quickly. Most people just don't care. They have lives to live. This doesn't affect their lives in any way. This story will be all the rage for a couple of days and then it will simply fade away. It wont be bringing the U.S. down. Sorry to disappoint but that's the reality. So enjoy this story while you still can because it wont be a story for very long. Life will go on and so will the U.S.

I guess this gives right wingers the "transparency" in government they have been seeking.

I guess this gives right wingers the "transparency" in government they have been seeking.

What transparency? They got busted. That's why they call it a Leak. Do you really think Hillary Clinton released the documents showing her ordering Diplomats to spy on UN Members? Those documents were leaked. There is no transparency here.

Yes the U.S. is going to completely collapse because of Wikileaks. You sure about that? Let me give a you Anti-American wingers a quick dose of reality. This Wikileaks stuff will go away very quickly. Most people just don't care. They have lives to live. This doesn't affect their lives in any way. This story will be all the rage for a couple of days and then it will simply fade away. It wont be bringing the U.S. down. Sorry to disappoint but that's the reality. So enjoy this story while you still can because it wont be a story for very long. Life will go on and so will the U.S.

I can't believe I'm agreeing with you today. For one thing, the sheer volume of information is such that people will lose interest in a short period of time. Although I like to read long explanations, opinions, and factual documents, I have zero interest in revisiting more "intelligence" surprises during the height of the Iraq war. Nor do I care that certain world leaders had nicknames. I'm sure some of ours are appropriately nicknamed by other world leaders, too.

I can't believe I'm agreeing with you today. For one thing, the sheer volume of information is such that people will lose interest in a short period of time. Although I like to read long explanations, opinions, and factual documents, I have zero interest in revisiting more "intelligence" surprises during the height of the Iraq war. Nor do I care that certain world leaders had nicknames. I'm sure some of ours are appropriately nicknamed by other world leaders, too.

Yea it really is much ado about nothing in the end. The Cable News Channels will freak out about this for a couple of days and then it will quickly go away. The only interesting leak i found was Hillary Clinton ordering spying on UN Members. The rest really isn't surprising in any way. People just don't care. Life will go on and so will the U.S.

What about all the other nations involved? Why only focus on the U.S.? Seems pretty dishonest and a bit crazy to me. Just my opinion anyway.

It happens. There are people out there who want to hurt Americans, and they will stoop to any level to do it. The leaks themselves, meh, big deal. I didn't see anything that surprised me. Spying on UN members? Ambassadors being nasty? OMG!!!! It's the END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT!!!

Yea it really is much ado about nothing in the end. The Cable News Channels will freak out about this for a couple of days and then it will quickly go away. The only interesting leak i found was Hillary Clinton ordering spying on UN Members. The rest really isn't surprising in any way. People just don't care. Life will go on and so will the U.S.

Even spying on UN members should come as no surprise. We spy on Israel; Israel spies on us. We have eyes on Germany, France, and just about every other ally and they probably know it. "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer..."

Even spying on UN members should come as no surprise. We spy on Israel; Israel spies on us. We have eyes on Germany, France, and just about every other ally and they probably know it. "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer..."

Yea i hear ya but getting caught spying on UN Members could be a violation of International Law. I doubt it will go anywhere though. Looks like Clinton will get a free pass on this. Friends in high places i guess.

Maybe you're right. The Big 0 promised transparency and everything passed in Congress was done behind closed doors. Everything that happens in the White House is a closely held secret.

Could be the Big 0 feels that while his political manuevering to too important to expose, State Secrets are fair game.

If this guy really is the smartest guy around, why does everything he touches turn to crap?

argumentbi4.jpg

Forum List

Back