The US Has The Richest "Poor" In The World

Ahhh gambling. The tax for the mathematically challenged.

Brian

Yes! Gambling is to a large degree for the poor. Bad math. That states condone it is wrong, really wrong. Vegas, marginal or no issue. Lotteries that were suppossedly for schools? No. When was the last time any of you bought a lotto ticket?

Perhaps you only percieve it as a cheap shot, and I percieve it as a good natured razz. Consider it a cultural thing.

You could be onto something there. What 'culture' do you call 'home?' Me, I'm pretty much white, Catholic, middle aged, educated in the school sense.

You could be onto something there. What 'culture' do you call 'home?' Me, I'm pretty much white, Catholic, middle aged, educated in the school sense.
Boston bred, big Irish-Catholic family. Ever see the movie "Good Will Hunting"? They nailed it, except for most of the accents.

More people hate me than like me, and very few have no opinion.

Boston bred, big Irish-Catholic family. Ever see the movie "Good Will Hunting"? They nailed it, except for most of the accents.

More people hate me than like me, and very few have no opinion.

Ok, you are way younger but could be my dad. ;)

:cool:

Perhaps you only percieve it as a cheap shot, and I percieve it as a good natured razz. Consider it a cultural thing.

yes in writing it's difficult to hear your tone via key board.

More people hate me than like me, and very few have no opinion
Time has fixed that and you are a good one to have around!

And to our Darwin, you'll be fine over here just relax already:thup:

Where do you get the multiplication factor? The Chinese population is expected to go down, not up.

Actually, and I'll put this in Braille for you - if needed - I wasn’t referring to anything in regard to their population. Everyone realizes they’ve got over a billion folks already.

What I was eluding to, and you should know this - having a degree in the discipline - they’ve been dumping their waste pretty much out on the ground - where, for the most-part it stays fairly localized.

What I was speaking of is the natural resources to produce fixtures (toilets, sinks, showers - etc.) and then the systems to transfer and dispose of said waste. Billions of gallons of "treated" (?) waste will hit the sea, like never before, every single day.

*slide your hand over your monitor - maybe you can feel the bumps*:eusa_whistle:

Actually, and I'll put this in Braille for you - if needed - I wasn’t referring to anything in regard to their population. Everyone realizes they’ve got over a billion folks already.

What I was eluding to, and you should know this - having a degree in the discipline - they’ve been dumping their waste pretty much out on the ground - where, for the most-part it stays fairly localized.

What I was speaking of is the natural resources to produce fixtures (toilets, sinks, showers - etc.) and then the systems to transfer and dispose of said waste. Billions of gallons of "treated" (?) waste will hit the sea, like never before, every single day.

*slide your hand over your monitor - maybe you can feel the bumps*:eusa_whistle:

All you've proven is your creativity in deflecting an argument from a logical discussion to feigned insults. If you want to insult me, why not be a man about it and do so directly?

Now getting back to the discussion, you have failed to explain how building toilets and such in China will have any negative impact on the US.

Now getting back to the discussion, you have failed to explain how building toilets and such in China will have any negative impact on the US.

Reiteration:

"What I was speaking of is the natural resources to produce fixtures (toilets, sinks, showers - etc.) and then the systems to transfer and dispose of said waste. Billions of gallons of "treated" (?) waste will hit the sea, like never before, every single day."

Ever eat tuna?

Yeah I saw people swimming in shit river diving for pesos and across the way seeing somebody washing cloths an on the other side some guy taking a leak. So yeah I got a little first hand knowledge or being in Somolia viewing a hell on earth that can't even be explained.
I believe a lot of organzations have gone to these far reaching places and tried to teach the local folk about new ways of farming, irrigation, safer sex practices, conservation of resources and they have failed to get a grip. Is that my fault or your fault? I don't think so and when you speak about China and India they are becoming more industrialized and modern because of the west and it's exploitations. And one other point here about a modern is Japan, they still have benjo drains that run down the street that end up in the ocean or fresh water supply. So tell me why is it still like that?

China ain't the only country with water problems. Don't forget our good friends south of the border that place called Mexico and Central and South America they fertilize crops with human waste and it is shipped to the US for us to eat.
Bottom line is we can't fix it and the crap flushed into the oceans is more that sewage, try Nuclear Waste, bad ass chemicals it everything from all parts of the world.

Reiteration:

"What I was speaking of is the natural resources to produce fixtures (toilets, sinks, showers - etc.) and then the systems to transfer and dispose of said waste. Billions of gallons of "treated" (?) waste will hit the sea, like never before, every single day."

Ever eat tuna?

This is really rather silly. Plumbing fixtures are made of ceramic, a silicon product, the most plentiful material in the earths crust. Are the Chinese going to us all that up?

Pipes are made from all types of materials. Easily substiuted for another if one is unavailable. Most sewer pipes are made from clay. Is there a shortage of clay in the world? If so let me know so I can buy some clay futures!

Fresh water was discussed previously, and I have proven that there is plenty. And you don't need fresh water to flush a toilet, do you?

I like tuna, but I like salmon better. Or maybe beef, pork, chicken, beans or or tofu.

I still don't see how flushing toilets in China (or Flushing, New Jersey) is going to have any negative impact on my quality of life.

.... Don't forget our good friends south of the border that place called Mexico and Central and South America they fertilize crops with human waste and it is shipped to the US for us to eat.

We use it here as well. I built a plant in NYS that makes fertilizer out of it. Heck, the City of Milwaukee has been bagging it and selling it all over for decades.

We use it here as well. I built a plant in NYS that makes fertilizer out of it. Heck, the City of Milwaukee has been bagging it and selling it all over for decades.

Well it has been a long time since my sewage treatment days, but I'm guessing you are referring to stage 4 or 5 tanks that are water. That is used to water fields or crops and could be used as drinking water once chlorinated if I'm correct?

Other non developed country use the raw sewage for crops.

Well it has been a long time since my sewage treatment days, but I'm guessing you are referring to stage 4 or 5 tanks that are water. That is used to water fields or crops and could be used as drinking water once chlorinated if I'm correct?

Other non developed country use the raw sewage for crops.
No, I'm talking about sewage sludge stabilization. I used to make a pasteurized product with about 30% solids content ans trucked to local markets to be spread like manure, Milwakee's is dried to nearly 100% solids and pellatized, suitable for regional, even national distribution. Liquid distribution is much more difficult, unless you have a dry climate and need the water to irrigate, and you simply can't haul it too far or you'll break the bank.

Forum List

Back