The US government spends $41,120 every second in 2011

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
When is the spending going to stop? What's truly insane is that some are still screaming for more stimulus. Those that are should be put in straight jackets after their lobotomy and have shock treatments with very high voltage. Sheesh.

The United States racked up $41,210 in debt every second of every day in 2011 -- making the federal deficit the largest portion of the economy since the height of war spending in the 1940s.

That shocking statistic was released by Face the Facts USA, a nonpartisan policy initiative, in an attempt to 'wake up' American voters and politicians to the rising piles of debt that the nation is accumulating.

At more than 9 percent, the $1.56 trillion federal deficit last year was the culmination of three years of major deficit spending in the wake of the recession.

article-0-145499FE000005DC-214_468x286.jpg

The last time the deficit rose that high was 1946, when the nation was winding down from full-blow war production.

During the height of the war, the annual deficit was almost 30 percent of the country's gross domestic product as the government spent billions on tanks, guns, airplanes and battleships.

Video at link
Face the Facts USA: Government spends $41K on deficit every second | Mail Online

article-2182357-14549E38000005DC-668_468x286.jpg

Last edited:
The government bureaucratic waste is just incredible. And these are the same people that liberals would hand over a health care system to.

I think Washington needs a enema.

Check this out. The GSA scandal has barely begun.

“This is the tip of the iceberg. This will be in the millions of wasteful spending,” he explained. “But we have billions because GSA oversees 14,000 buildings and properties and, of that, many of them — most of them — are vacant or underutilized.”

One building two blocks from the White House had been empty for 15 years at a cost to taxpayers of $6 to $7 million per year.

Read more on Newsmax.com: Mica to Newsmax: 'Multi-Billion Dollar Waste' at GSA
Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!

Liberal logic will tell you that the $41,210 per second is stimulating the economy, what they wont tell you is who exactly is going to be forced to pay for it.

I think TD misunderstood my previous post. I GOT about 2 seconds worth of that money.
Between SS disability and Medicare.
Still in the hole on SS though.

Had to dust this one off.

Nothings changed since it was made.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRmZ9zH-mYM&feature=player_detailpage]Felonious Munk Presents: Stop It B! OBAMA PAY YOUR &*%$#% BILLS - YouTube[/ame]

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Forum List

Back