The US Government is updating its nuclear disaster plans and they are truly terrifying

rrigghttttt…..Obama had lots of experience didnt he......funny how nobody has experience to govern but libs
No so. Every republican and democratic president has had experience in government with the exception of Trump. The only president with no experience in politics was Zackary Taylor.

Taylor, Grant, Taft, Hoover, and Eisenhower were never elected to any political office before becoming President.

Has any other elected U.S. President ever held the office as President... ?

Has any other elected U.S. President ever held the office as President without completing one term of an elected office? Obama has not completed his first term as a Senator. We have had Governor's become President, but they have all finished at least one term. Does anyone have more information on this?
Update: And not spent any time serving in the Armed Forces. Even Washington did that!
Update 2: And not spent any time serving in the Armed Forces. Even Washington did that! Taft served as the Solicitor General of the United States, a federal judge, Governor-General of the Philippines, and Secretary of War before being nominated for President in the 1908 Republican National Convention with the backing of... show more

Has any other elected U.S. President ever held the office as President... ?
Obama spent 7 years in the Illinois Senate in addition to 3 1/2 yr in the US Senate and about 3 years as a community organizer working on a number of campaigns. He also work as civil rights lawyer for 3 years. All toll he had about 13 years experience in politics and 10 years in government and 3 in law.

IMHO, appointment to political offices can provide good experience in government. Also service in the military at high levels where the person interface with government officials is also very good experience.

I don't believe developing real estate projects is good experience for the presidency. All leaders of large and important organizations have some skills in common: they need to be intelligent, knowledgeable about the relevant issues, able to manage a staff and able to communicate effectively to people inside and outside their organization. But the job of U.S. president differs in some important ways from the job of CEO. Because of that, presidents face challenges that CEOs cannot even imagine. I bet Trump would agree with this.

BTW the Wiki list of presidents provides a lot of good data on past presidents making for easy research.
List of Presidents of the United States - Wikipedia

All toll?

The term is "all told"

rrigghttttt…..Obama had lots of experience didnt he......funny how nobody has experience to govern but libs
No so. Every republican and democratic president has had experience in government with the exception of Trump. The only president with no experience in politics was Zackary Taylor.

Wrong!

You forgot Ulysses S. Grant, Herbert Hoover, and Dwight D. Eisenhower also never held elected office before being President.
My claim was Every republican and democratic president has had experience in government with the exception of Trump. Having experience in government does not mean just holding elected office.

Wrong!

You forgot Ulysses S. Grant, Herbert Hoover, and Dwight D. Eisenhower also never held elected office before being President.
My claim was Every republican and democratic president has had experience in government with the exception of Trump. Having experience in government does not mean just holding elected office.

Fail. They did not have experience in government. You shot off your mouth before thinking and double checking your assertions. Now you are moving the goalposts!

Wrong!

Fail. They did not have experience in government. You shot off your mouth before thinking and double checking your assertions. Now you are moving the goalposts!
They had experience in government, at least more than Trump.

Eisenhower served as Army Chief of Staff and he was Military Governor of the Occupation Zone.

Herbert Hoover served as head of the US Food Administration during WWI. He was appointed head of US Economic Council in 1918. In 1920 Coolidge appointed him Secretary of Commerce.

Of the 3 men Grant had the least experience in government. However, he did serve as Secretary of War in 1867.

None of these men had much experience in government but then we are comparing them to Donald Trump, a man who had none with the exception of court appearances and lobbying.

Wrong!

Eisenhower served as Army Chief of Staff and he was Military Governor of the Occupation Zone.

Herbert Hoover served as head of the US Food Administration during WWI. He was appointed head of US Economic Council in 1918. In 1920 Coolidge appointed him Secretary of Commerce.

Of the 3 men Grant had the least experience in government. However, he did serve as Secretary of War in 1867.

None of these men had much experience in government but then we are comparing them to Donald Trump, a man who had none with the exception of court appearances and lobbying.

More tap dancing and goal post moving! Typical Flopper tactics!

Wrong!

When you rebuttal, you divert.

Wrong!

English

Try that again in English please. I can't "rebuttal" because that is a noun.

English

Pointing out grammatical errors is a good diversion when you have no "rebuttal".

English

Pointing out grammatical errors is a good diversion when you have no "rebuttal".

Go back and look at what you claimed. When you were proven wrong, you changed the criteria. When that was proven wrong, you changed the criteria again. It is called moving the goalposts and a testament to the fact you have no clue as to what you are talking about.

That is all.

English

Go back and look at what you claimed. When you were proven wrong, you changed the criteria. When that was proven wrong, you changed the criteria again. It is called moving the goalposts and a testament to the fact you have no clue as to what you are talking about.

That is all.
I changed nothing.
I said, "experience in goverment" and you changed it to "elected to office". That is not is not the same. You are the one that's changing the goalposts.

English

That is all.
I changed nothing.
I said, "experience in goverment" and you changed it to "elected to office". That is not is not the same. You are the one that's changing the goalposts.

No you didn't, you lying POS!

You said, and I quote:

"The only president with no experience in politics was Zackary Taylor."

Now you can shove it where the sun doesn't shine! You lied again!

That is all.
I changed nothing.

You said, and I quote:

That is all.
I changed nothing.

You said, and I quote:

My Post #15

I don't respond to insults and profanity as it ends any genuine discussion of the topic.

Last edited:
The source: another unnamed unverified anonymous "Official". "Nuclear disaster plans" are inherently terrifying but why weren't they terrifying before Trump was elected?

That is all.
I changed nothing.

You said, and I quote:

That is all.
I changed nothing.

You said, and I quote:

My Post #15

I don't respond to insults and profanity as it ends any genuine discussion of the topic.

I am not to blame because you equate government and politics because you are STILL wrong.

Big deal.

Tsar Bomba - Wikipedia

The above bomb was 200 times bigger than whatever NK has.

List of All U.S. Nuclear Weapons

Besides, what a stupid article. Like what? We don't worry if a 50 Kt nuke hits our cities..but DO worry if it is 250 Kt? Riiiiight.

I am not in the slightest bit worried about NK launching nukes either way. MAD worked before - and the Soviet leaders were supposed to be just as crazy as neocons say Lil' Kim is. And they did not launch nukes either.

Nothing to worry about...no matter how much neocons beg us to do otherwise.

Forum List

Back