The US and Euros Are Really Far Apart

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Annie, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I doubt that we'll get closer, unless the terrorists decide to target our other foes. Come to think of it they have, the Euros just refuse to leave denial. Somehow I think that rug will eventually be pulled from under them. Links at site:

http://medienkritik.typepad.com/blog/2005/08/schroeder_won_t.html

2. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    Then what motivation does the US have to not veto the admission of Germany into the UNSC? From what I have read, only Japan's entry into the UNSC is backed by the US. Japan, unlike Germany, actually acts as though it was a US ally. America should veto Germany's entry into the UNSC. China will most likely veto Japan's entry into the UNSC, so when the dust settles, the status quo will probably remain as it is.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Agree with you. The only possible allies from Western Europe for the US are Britain and Italy. Either is dicey, though UK may have learned from July, it's only a matter of time...

4. ekrem

ekrem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +375

Berlusconi is indeed very pro-American...

But when you look at italian people, they want their troops home...

Italy gave order to arrest some CIA-People to be judged under italian jurists...

Does the name SGRENA say something to you?
    this was this from-sunni captured women...

Italian intelligence man went in to IRAQ to negotiate with sunnites-terrorist to free her, and Italian intelligence-man freed her...

As Sgrena and Intelligence man neared an American Checkpoint, GI shot them Italian Intelligence man dead, and also wounding SGRENA...

Major Daily newspapers in Italy are in the Hand of Leftist...

When Berlusconis time is over, Italy will do the same as french people.

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    :laugh: Interesting recounting of a story well covered on the board. Try the search feature. Your attempt was weak.

6. ekrem

ekrem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +375
    yes, i will search as i am new...
    But i wanted to express only what i know of ITALY-USA feelings.

not personal to attack you was my writings.

7. padisha emperor

padisha emperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Well, don't make a confusion : the feeling of the people and the behavior of the governement.

Italy : a lot, I think the majority of the population, is against Bush. And against the war.

France : well, you know.
    Germany : the same

UK : a lot is against the war. remember, the biggest mobilisation against the war was not in Paris or Berlin, but in London.

USA : less than 40% of positive opinion for George W. Bush. His weakest score since his election in 2001.
    Why Keary didn't win ?

8. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708

In my opinion, Kerry didn't win because he wanted to turn over the soveriegnty of the United States to the Europeans and the UN...and fortunately, the majority of Americans disagree with that philosophy....

9. padisha emperor

padisha emperor Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53

Of course
    and he also wanted to destroy the white house and build instead of it the Palais de l'Elysée, like in France. And also a Reichstag...

And the new USA capital would have been paris in Summer, Berlin in Autumn, Aix in Winter and the seal of the UNO for spring...

you can't believe that because this guy wanted to have better relationship with the other countries, he wanted to turn over your sovereignity...

Imagine if the german Bundeskanzler wouldn't have done their Ostpolitik, because people like you would have said : now, you don't respect our sovereignity....you'll bring it to Poland !"...

Oh, a last thing : you seem to be very attached with the US sovereignty. it's normal.

But the minimum would be that USa respect the other countries's sovereignty...lkie the Iraqi...Because I think that attack a sovereign nation without declaration of war , or a green light from UNO, it's fully illegal and in violation with the concerned nation's sovereignty.
    So, you make me laugh with your sovereignty, when i look at the things you've done.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    ah PE...felling fiesty this morning I see.

Your last statement is symbolic of why we willnever agree on this subject. I do not view a green light from the UNO as a necessary for this country to defend itself. Or to provide military and financial aid to our allies...

I do not want this country and it's citizens to be regulated by the rest of the world.

As for respect for another nation's soveriegnty...France is not and has not been the epitome of goodness in that respect, have they? The French government has a big problem with the US defending itself, with the way we (the citizens of the US) live and work and make laws in this country. They (the French government) have not hesitated in any way to criticize the US, its foriegn policy, its trade and economic treaties, etc. And then the French have the arrogance to tell us that we should respect other countries! What they (again, the French government) really means is that we (the US) should do as they (the French) tell us, whether or not it is good for the US and its citizens...and most of the time the only interests the French are looking out for is their own.