The Urban Cymbals: Trump-Danish

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
I love stories about 'street-juice,' because they symbolize a modern-age fascination with urban oddness.

Many recent films explore this 'civilization dial-tone,' such as King of New York, Juice, and The Devil's Advocate.

How much does the Trump Administration care about urban hygiene? If President Trump exhibits great care for 'folk concerns,' he should be remembered more as a diplomat than an opportunist.

So far, there's not too much flattery-storytelling about 'TrumpUSA.' I wonder if President Trump watches urban-dementia films such as Mahogany!

====

Shiva (god of destruction and meditation) was meditating on a hilltop in Nepal, thinking about the scope of his power and the rationale for his isolationism. "How can I integrate myself into human society without giving up my commanding sceptre?" Shiva wondered. He wanted to be a friend/ally of the people without losing his heavenly authorities. Shiva felt a good portion of his heavenly authority came from his isolated meditation, so he was somewhat wary of 'jumping into the human world.'

Meanwhile, a terrible army of darkness had assembled in Moscow. Spawned by the evil god-king Ravana, this 'army' was comprised of a villainous warlock named Deb who commanded a legion of poisonous women known as the Serpent Queens who all had hypnotizing colored beautiful hair. Deb commanded his Serpent Queens to turn men astray and help him build an impressive narcotics 'empire' in Moscow (for Lord Ravana). Within two years, Deb's 'army' virtually controlled the streets of Moscow.

Shiva realized he had to intervene and help the people of Moscow who were confounded by Ravana's sentinel Deb and his 'army of darkness.' However, he also realized that he could not just simply jump into the scene if he wanted to maintain his heavenly authority somewhat glorified by his hermitic meditation. So, Shiva decided he would wander around the streets of Moscow at night disguised as a 'philosopher-poet' and dressed like a clown with a very distracting message (delivered through his megaphone).

Here is an excerpt of one of Shiva's message-delivery 'megaphone nights' in Moscow --

SHIVA:

"No fair! Deb's 'army of darkness' rules Moscow like genies of hell! I'm telling! No fair! Lord Ravana has 'spawned' this ominous 'army of darkness' to create a fascist regime! I'm telling! No fair! The 'Serpent Queens' have effectively seduced the policemen! I'm telling!"

Ravana was enraged, and Deb and his 'army of darkness' were confounded. The Moscow Gazette reported, "A strange vigilante carrying a megaphone has been wandering around the city at night delivering oddball lampoon messages about the Serpent Queens with the very child-like reiterated phrases, 'No fair! I'm telling!' obviously meant to incite retaliation!" What ensued would be known as the Great Arrogance War. Hollywood (USA) sold the movie rights, and Tom Cruise was set to play the mysterious vigilante (named by the press as 'The Crying Man').

====

SHIVA
shiva.jpg

busts.jpg

The Morning Dramatist

I was thinking the other day that the reason Americans like the society morning-TV program LIVE with Kelly is because it represents a social fascination with 'culture access,' which explains the intellectual appeal of society/culture 'postcards' such as The New Yorker (a culture-evaluation magazine) and Woody Allen's culture-critique film Celebrity.

How will President Trump address Americans' interest in 'pedestrianism dialogue'? So far, the Trump Administration seems entirely focused on the 'bravado of capitalism' and not so much on the 'imagination of capitalism.'

====

TRUMP: American kids watch too much TV.
CARTER: Americans in general love TV.
TRUMP: Should I care?
CARTER: People consider you a 'diplomat' of capitalism and culture.
TRUMP: I know a little about TV --- Celebrity Apprentice.
CARTER: Americans expect you to understand/embrace culture and society.
TRUMP: Well, I'm not going to suddenly become a fan of MTV!
CARTER: In America, Hollywood and ESPN reflect culture.
TRUMP: Americans like daydreams and sports.
CARTER: Movies about sports are very popular --- e.g., Any Given Sunday.
TRUMP: Perhaps entertainment is a symbol of the 'use' of tax-money and employment-salary.
CARTER: That's right! Americans want to spend money.
TRUMP: Consumerism is the new 'City Hall.'
CARTER: I stream LIVE with Kelly on my smartphone everyday on my way to work in D.C.!

====

The New Yorker

Celebrity (Film)

KELLY.jpg

The Light of Day

Maybe 'selfishness dialogue' is so intriguing, since people like profiteerism-in-context (e.g., New Jack City)...

====

MAD MAX: Your motorcycle gang is doomed.
TOECUTTER: Never underestimate the speed of evil.
MAD MAX: You can't out-run a diligent cop.
TOECUTTER: I can try...and that's the rub!
MAD MAX: Clever but ultimately tragic.
TOECUTTER: Big fan of the Trump Administration?
MAD MAX: Who isn't?
TOECUTTER: I bet Prez Trump has giant pillows.
MAD MAX: It's no sin to like consumer auto shows in the USA.
TOECUTTER: Even the American President is allowed to love Burger King.
MAD MAX: That's a democracy!
TOECUTTER: Not for the discontented, Max.
MAD MAX: You're a fanatic, Toecutter.
TOECUTTER: We'll see who wins the 'celebrity game.'

====

Toecutter

toecutter.jpg

Forum List

Back