The Untouchables

AVG-JOE

American Mutt
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2008
Your Imagination
LOTS in the news tonight about the "Mexican" problem here in the U S of A.

The Mexican President says he wants our help stemming the flow of Mexico's brightest and most able citizens from Mexico.

He also said he would like our help in curbing the drug violence that makes leaving even more desirable.​

In the humble opinion of this average Joe, America could go a long way towards providing that help if we would legalize pot.

Nobody kills over beer any more....... :eusa_think: Did we learn NOTHING from "The Untouchables"?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWI73F4Nyfk]YouTube - The Untouchables - Trailer - HQ (1987)[/ame]

The Mexican President says he wants our help stemming the flow of Mexico's brightest and most able citizens from Mexico.

He also said he would like our help in curbing the drug violence that makes leaving even more desirable.​

In the humble opinion of this average Joe, America could go a long way towards providing that help if we would legalize pot.

Nobody kills over beer any more....... :eusa_think: Did we learn NOTHING from "The Untouchables"?

YouTube - The Untouchables - Trailer - HQ (1987)

I love this part "The Mexican President says he wants our help stemming the flow of Mexico's brightest and most able citizens from Mexico." Priceless!!! He has no problem letting the dregs of his society through though?

I love this part "The Mexican President says he wants our help stemming the flow of Mexico's brightest and most able citizens from Mexico." Priceless!!! He has no problem letting the dregs of his society through though?

NO SHIT!

Please mexico, keep them all! And im thinking we should accommodate his wishes and bar them all now, for fear one of the brightest may be slipping though.

I think he was referring to the legal flow... does anyone have a statistic on how many 'green' cards We, The People issue to Mexican Nationals any given month?

I'll bet the first person with a link $1.00 (U.S. Funds only...) that it averages in the high hundreds if not thousands... if you count temporary work authorization, I'll bet it's in the tens of thousands...

The dregs coming without paperwork will be the last segment stopped, but the first step if they are to be stopped is for the Mexican economy to start retaining those with the education and/or means to move here legally. :eusa_think: Do we want them to stop moving here? Is it the Spanish accent that offends, or the poverty? :eusa_think: What about the Asians who are migrating here with skills? :eusa_think: They talk funny too, are they unwelcome?

Last edited:

I think he was referring to the legal flow... does anyone have a statistic on how many 'green' cards are issued to Mexican Nationals any given month?

I'll bet the first person with a link $1.00 (U.S. Funds only...) that it averages in the high hundreds if not thousands...

The dregs coming without paperwork will be the last segment stopped, but the first step if they are to be stopped is for the Mexican economy to start retaining those with the education and/or means to move here legally. :eusa_think: Do we want them to stop moving here? Is it the Spanish accent that offends, or the poverty? :eusa_think: What about the Asians who are migrating here with skills? :eusa_think: They talk funny too, are they to unwelcome?

You have an excellent point Joe. As for the flow of Legal Immigrants to stop, I say Hell no!!! If a person follows the proper procedures to come into this country, I welcome them with open arms!!! We are the melting pot after all. Our country would not be what it is today if it wasn't for "Legal Immigration."

I think he was referring to the legal flow... does anyone have a statistic on how many 'green' cards are issued to Mexican Nationals any given month?

I'll bet the first person with a link $1.00 (U.S. Funds only...) that it averages in the high hundreds if not thousands...

The dregs coming without paperwork will be the last segment stopped, but the first step if they are to be stopped is for the Mexican economy to start retaining those with the education and/or means to move here legally. :eusa_think: Do we want them to stop moving here? Is it the Spanish accent that offends, or the poverty? :eusa_think: What about the Asians who are migrating here with skills? :eusa_think: They talk funny too, are they to unwelcome?

You have an excellent point Joe. As for the flow of Legal Immigrants to stop, I say Hell no!!! If a person follows the proper procedures to come into this country, I welcome them with open arms!!! We are the melting pot after all. Our country would not be what it is today if it wasn't for "Legal Immigration."

Perhaps a compromise solution SHOULD be to shut down the Green-Card machines at the border for a time and give everyone here without papers that same amount of time as an opportunity to apply.

Anyone not taking advantage during the shut-down (and those making application who are found lacking) could then be rounded up and sent home.

Just a thought..........​

What about the whole 'legalize pot for recreational use' thing? Does anyone think that that move would help the situation?

I think he was referring to the legal flow... does anyone have a statistic on how many 'green' cards We, The People issue to Mexican Nationals any given month?

I'll bet the first person with a link $1.00 (U.S. Funds only...) that it averages in the high hundreds if not thousands... if you count temporary work authorization, I'll bet it's in the tens of thousands...

The dregs coming without paperwork will be the last segment stopped, but the first step if they are to be stopped is for the Mexican economy to start retaining those with the education and/or means to move here legally. :eusa_think: Do we want them to stop moving here? Is it the Spanish accent that offends, or the poverty? :eusa_think: What about the Asians who are migrating here with skills? :eusa_think: They talk funny too, are they unwelcome?

Practically ALL of the actors, singers, entertainers now live in the 'discriminatory' U.S. of A.!! Ask them about the fear of living in Mexico!! Of course they still hail their 'Mexico lindo y querido' while they enjoy the perks this country gives them - not to mention that they come over here to bear their children!

Of course he doesn't....that is why he wants immigration reform so that 'his poor' don't go back to his 'elite' Mexico! All of Mexico's president's have been in favor of exporting its poor so that Uncle Sam can take care of them. This has been going on for 100 yrs. The problem now is that with all the violence and kidnappings in Mexico, the rich are also here and leaving Mexico in record numbers!

Forum List

Back