The unseen wins in todays election, For Fiscal Conservatives.

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Jun 23, 2008
Michigan, USA
Don't forget that not only are Conservatives picking up many seats. We have also succeeded and At least forcing many More Liberal Republicans and some Democrats. To start talking about Fiscal Responsibility, and in the case of the Democrats. To come out against Health care, and the Spending in General.

Win win win :)

Indeed.
Just like the thread I made...it hit me just a little bit ago...Obama's power is now drained.
Fiscal reponsibility wins at least for a couple year.

Bill Clinton said it and lived it, George Bush did not say but lived it, and it is true. The presidency is never irrelevant. He has the veto, which cannot be over ridden in either chamber. However, he will not need to use it. His health insurance reform act is safe for two years at least. Much can happen in two years.

Precisely, a split government is a good government. When one party is able to push their agenda through without bipartisan discussion, we get disaster. Now real discussion can begin.

Obama can cry all he wants about "trying to work with Republicans," but he didn't. None of the Democrats did. All they did was force the Republicans to oppose them and then force their agenda down Americans' throats. No one said Obama had to give in to Republican demands, but was a middle ground compromise not a possibility? Not for Obama, Pelosi, and Reid. Now we will get nothing BUT middle ground compromises, OR we'll get nothing at all. I'll take either of those over what we're getting from this Democratic government.

Ohh about all politicians talk about fiscal responsibility lately, but VERY few have ever walked the talk.

Bill Clinton said it and lived it, George Bush did not say but lived it, and it is true. The presidency is never irrelevant. He has the veto, which cannot be over ridden in either chamber. However, he will not need to use it. His health insurance reform act is safe for two years at least. Much can happen in two years.

Its the over all message that is being sent that I like.

Not just with Republicans winning, but with so many Democrats having to at least try and appear to be Fiscally Conservative. It's about a shift that is being forced on Both parties. A clear message is being sent. Get the fiscal House in order, Get back in touch with the people, or you may be next.

And I love it!

Ohh about all politicians talk about fiscal responsibility lately, but VERY few have ever walked the talk.

That's just it though.

That is what this election is about. Telling them we want them to do more than TALK about it. Start walking the walk, or in 2 more years. You may be walking.

Forum List

Back