The unnecessary totalitarianism that is school uniforms.

I have to admit that the folks who design uniforms for girls in Japan and Korea would probably be arrested here for mental illness. They are way weird sometimes.

These are some tame ones.

japan.jpg

And whoever designed the school uniform used in most of the Xussr was a sadist and a misogynist who was into female humiliation.

1.jpg

Alot of perverts here in the US would not mind having the girls wear those mandatory uniforms.

School uniforms are sluttier than what teens actually wear.

You are correct.

Sometimes you have to wonder. Some people despise the rich and think there should be a limit on what any one person is allowed to earn and that it is only good and right that wealth should be confiscated and dispensed to the poor.

Some people won't allow the word "Christmas" or any of the great historic traditional Christmas music because some non-Christian kid might feel left out or offended.

Some people get their panties in a bunch over the slightest infraction of poltically correct speech that could even possibly offend a minority or other protected group.

Some people think there shouldn't be grades in school or other measures that reward superior performance lest the slower kids feel less competent or important.

Some people think it would be demeaning and insulting to require people to perform menial public service in return for their welfare checks or other benefits.

And then some of these same people think it would be over the line to require school uniforms that would equalize all the kids who otherwise are forced to compete with the Gucci shirts, $200 sneakers, cashmere sweaters, and designer jeans when they are unable to do so? Nobody thinks that would be a boost to the self esteem of all and relieve the pressure on everybody?

Sometimes you have to wonder. Some people despise the rich and think there should be a limit on what any one person is allowed to earn and that it is only good and right that wealth should be confiscated and dispensed to the poor.

Some people won't allow the word "Christmas" or any of the great historic traditional Christmas music because some non-Christian kid might feel left out or offended.

Some people get their panties in a bunch over the slightest infraction of poltically correct speech that could even possibly offend a minority or other protected group.

Some people think there shouldn't be grades in school or other measures that reward superior performance lest the slower kids feel less competent or important.

Some people think it would be demeaning and insulting to require people to perform menial public service in return for their welfare checks or other benefits.

And then some of these same people think it would be over the line to require school uniforms that would equalize all the kids who otherwise are forced to compete with the Gucci shirts, $200 sneakers, cashmere sweaters, and designer jeans when they are unable to do so? Nobody thinks that would be a boost to the self esteem of all and relieve the pressure on everybody?

The same kids whos parents send them to school in shitty clothes, will end up looking shitty in their school uniforms as well.

The same kids whos parents send them to school in shitty clothes, will end up looking shitty in their school uniforms as well.

No doubt. We all know people who look fresh, well pressed, and neat at all times. And we all know those who seem to just unravel before our eyes no matter how much care is taken to dress them well. :)

So yes, personal grooming and hygiene will still need to be emphasized--we had a LOT of instruction on that kind of stuff when I was in school, mostly from my beloved music teacher/choir director, but I still think putting the kids in uniforms would have an overall positive effect.

No doubt. We all know people who look fresh, well pressed, and neat at all times. And we all know those who seem to just unravel before our eyes no matter how much care is taken to dress them well. :)

So yes, personal grooming and hygiene will still need to be emphasized--we had a LOT of instruction on that kind of stuff when I was in school, mostly from my beloved music teacher/choir director, but I still think putting the kids in uniforms would have an overall positive effect.

Are these school uniforms going to be free? what happens when the parents of a child don't pay for the uniforms? will they be kept out of school until they ante up?

Thank god school uniforms don't exist in most schools in America. I realize a couple Catholic/private schools have them. But if they ever hit public schools, there will be an open rebellion against the federal government of United States. A rebellion that will result in massive loss of life. Taking away the right to dress freely in American high schools and junior high schools is the line that we the people of the United States of America draw. Our Founding Fathers gave us the right to bear arms to prevent totalitarianism and rebel against our government if need be. I hope it doesn't come to a rebellion, but we will rebel if necessary. Hopefully things will never come to that though, hopefully school uniforms never exist. And they never will, because if they did, there would be a rebellion. Everyone will rebel, both high school students and your average citizen who has had enough of this totalitarianism in America.

I can't believe people are actually responding to this idiot! :lol:

Are these school uniforms going to be free? what happens when the parents of a child don't pay for the uniforms? will they be kept out of school until they ante up?

The clothing the kids wear to school now isn't free. The uniforms wouldn't be either. But churches and social agencies seem to be able to come up with clothing for disadvantaged school kids now, and they would be much better able to do that if there were mass produced and therefore inexpensive uniforms to provide instead of trying to find affordable clothes that the kids wouldn't feel unacceptably conspicuous in.

True story. My granddaughter has been a stubbornly independent child and went through a spell where she refused to wear a coat even on very cold days. The school officials became concerned that she didn't have a coat and arranged for a local charity to provide her with a very nice one. Which she wore. Her parents who are quite financially comfortable were of course horrified and thoroughly embarassed when they found out how she got the coat. :) (They did immediately pay the full cost of it and then some.)

The clothing the kids wear to school now isn't free. The uniforms wouldn't be either. But churches and social agencies seem to be able to come up with clothing for disadvantaged school kids now, and they would be much better able to do that if there were mass produced and therefore inexpensive uniforms to provide instead of trying to find affordable clothes that the kids wouldn't feel unacceptably conspicuous in.

True story. My granddaughter has been a stubbornly independent child and went through a spell where she refused to wear a coat even on very cold days. The school officials became concerned that she didn't have a coat and arranged for a local charity to provide her with a very nice one. Which she wore. Her parents who are quite financially comfortable were of course horrified and thoroughly embarassed when they found out how she got the coat. :) (They did immediately pay the full cost of it and then some.)

You have a point.

Thank god school uniforms don't exist in most schools in America. I realize a couple Catholic/private schools have them. But if they ever hit public schools, there will be an open rebellion against the federal government of United States. A rebellion that will result in massive loss of life. Taking away the right to dress freely in American high schools and junior high schools is the line that we the people of the United States of America draw. Our Founding Fathers gave us the right to bear arms to prevent totalitarianism and rebel against our government if need be. I hope it doesn't come to a rebellion, but we will rebel if necessary. Hopefully things will never come to that though, hopefully school uniforms never exist. And they never will, because if they did, there would be a rebellion. Everyone will rebel, both high school students and your average citizen who has had enough of this totalitarianism in America.

It gave me an opportunity to post some schoolgirl pics.

Well I don't know whether he's an idiot, but even idiots come up with an interesting topic now and then. :)

School uniforms are sluttier than what teens actually wear.

You are correct.

Not all school uniforms. the Amish? Mennonites, etc?

School uniforms of course can go to the extreme. In our former community in another state, there was one radically fundamentalist Christian school that required all the girls to wear bonnets, long sleeves, long skirts, sensible plain shoes as the school uniform. When they came to my agency for swimming lessons, we had to paper over all the observation windows and put a guard on the door to ensure that no man would see the young ladies in their swimming attire. And I used to feel so bad for those girls who would be out running track in those long sleeves, long skirts, and bonnets.

So it can be overdone.

These days I would opt for pretty much practical, comfortable, but reasonably attractive unisex uniforms for all.

TNG_Crew_Season3.jpg

Last edited:
Most puplic school uniforms are khaki pants and polo shirts fyi.

I think the OP would go on a shooting spree if he had to wear them to his eighth grade class, eh? :cuckoo:

every school should have a dress code. defining a uniform just makes it easier to enforce

every school should have a dress code. defining a uniform just makes it easier to enforce

I agree. I grew up with a dress code in school and it didn't warp my little psyche or inhibit my creativity or sense of personal worth one bit. Just as 'dressing for success' in the business world is a reality, kids who are properly attired, clean, pressed, and with reasonable hygiene simply behave more appropriately than they do when dressed as sluts or hooligans. And in our local schools, and probably everywhere, it became necessary to outlaw gang colors and gang attire in all the schools. Now if they would just enforce a dress code for the teachers. . . .

You're a little on the ball there-some public schools DO have uniforms. Many more have dress codes. (I don't think it's right for uniforms, but I'm ok with dress codes-but it already exists). AND they make you pay for them, for a public school.

http://davidsen.mysdhc.org/Uniforms

This public school in my area has uniforms (as I linked), and there has never been an uproar over them at all.

Also catholic/private schools should be able to implement school uniforms. It's a private institution and you don't have to send your kids there. The government shouldn't be able to tell privately run institutions how to run their organization.

Last edited:

You're a little on the ball there-some public schools DO have uniforms. Many more have dress codes. (I don't think it's right for uniforms, but I'm ok with dress codes-but it already exists).

Also catholic/private schools should be able to implement school uniforms. It's a private institution and you don't have to send your kids there. The government shouldn't be able to tell privately run institutions how to run their organization.

You are correct, some public schools do have uniforms depending where you live and dress codes are in most if not all schools. 10 years when ago when I was still in high school they had a day called pajama day, where you could come to school in pajamas.Well a few girls showed up in lingerie, they were sent home, but examples like that is why a dress code is mandatory, you'll always have people overstepping their boundaries.

Forum List

Back