The Unknown Soldiers: An American Soldier Killed In Afghanistan Every Day In April...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
With their BOOOOSH Boogeyman gone, it's obviously no longer fashionably convenient for the MSM to report on our Soldiers' deaths. But they are still dying every day. A U.S. Soldier has been killed every day this month so far.

So far in April, nine American service members have made the ultimate sacrifice in Afghanistan.

The Unknown Soldiers:

Staff Sgt. Tyler Smith, 24, Licking, Missouri
Staff Sgt. Christopher Brown, 26, Columbus, Ohio
Capt. Nicholas Rozanski, 36, Dublin, Ohio
Sgt. 1st Class Jeffrey Rieck, 45, Columbus, Ohio
Sgt. 1st Class Shawn Hannon, 44, Grove City, Ohio
Spc. Jeffrey White Jr., 21, Catawissa, Missouri
Cpl. Alex Martinez, 21, Elgin, Illinois
Spc. Antonio Burnside, 31, Great Falls, Montana

The ninth warrior, Cpl. Christopher Bordoni, 21, died in the hospital after being wounded in the same Jan. 18 terrorist attack that killed Cpl. Philip McGeath, who was remembered on this blog last month. Cpl. Bordoni, a brave Marine from Ithaca, New York, tragically succumbed to his injuries on Apr. 3.

With our nation still at war, let us make another solemn pledge. We will never forget all the valiant men and women who gave their last measure of devotion to the cause of freedom. As their families experience unimaginable pain and grief, let us also pray that they find some measure of comfort.

Our Father who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

225992.jpg

http://www.unknownsoldiersblog.com/2012/04/pledge.html

Last edited:
Most of us will never forget....
This is pretty sad, when Bush was in office you'd hear about this just about every day. More than likely Obama ordered them not to publish this information, it'll just look bad on him!
I can't imagine the pain these families are going through...i know i worried constantly the 3 times my son was deployed to Iraq. Thank God he hasn't had to go to Afghanistan...yet.

Thank you for this post... :)

Most of us will never forget....
This is pretty sad, when Bush was in office you'd hear about this just about every day. More than likely Obama ordered them not to publish this information, it'll just look bad on him!
I can't imagine the pain these families are going through...i know i worried constantly the 3 times my son was deployed to Iraq. Thank God he hasn't had to go to Afghanistan...yet.

Thank you for this post... :)

You're welcome Caroljo. And yeah, the MSM has no shame at this point. It just isn't fashionably convenient for them to report our kids' deaths anymore. Their BOOOOSH Boogeyman is gone. And that's what it was always really about for them. It's very sad.

As you see by the hometowns of some of those soldiers, there's been some pretty sad times here in central ohio :(.

Obama's warmognering has to stop.

Our troops aren't even allowed to conduct operations at night anymore, fuck that bring our men and women home.

What a fuckin debacle. :(

Now the Taliban can go about in the night unmolested, what the fuck kind of war is this? did we not conduct operations in Korea or Vietnam at night? :cuckoo: what a bunch of pussies we are, this is big confidence booster for the Talibs you can bet that.

Our troops aren't even allowed to conduct operations at night anymore, fuck that bring our men and women home.

Now the Taliban can go about in the night unmolested, what the fuck kind of war is this? did we not conduct operations in Korea or Vietnam at night? :cuckoo: what a bunch of pussies we are, this is big confidence booster for the Talibs you can bet that.

Oh yeah, The Longest War is over. They've all but outright surrendered to the Taliban. So it is all over. Not one more of our kids needs to die in that miserable Hell-Hole. Their deaths would be pointless. Time to come home.

Last edited:

Oh yeah, The Longest War is over. They've all but outright surrendered to the Taliban. So it is all over. Not one more our our kids needs to die in that miserable Hell-Hole. Their deaths would be pointless. Time to come home.

Man if I knew it would have come to this point I would have been against sending our men and women to that hellhole in the first place.:doubt:

Oh yeah, The Longest War is over. They've all but outright surrendered to the Taliban. So it is all over. Not one more our our kids needs to die in that miserable Hell-Hole. Their deaths would be pointless. Time to come home.

Man if I knew it would have come to this point I would have been against sending our men and women to that hellhole in the first place.:doubt:

Man, i hear ya. I really do.

As you see by the hometowns of some of those soldiers, there's been some pretty sad times here in central ohio :(.

Obama's warmognering has to stop.

Unfortunately it wont stop. Many more Wars are being planned as we speak. Stay tuned. :(

Where is the right's support of the war evaporated to?
And many on the left will no longer protest it very much since Obama is president.

But this was not going to turn into another Vietnam was it?

I know what you mean! I was for the war....my son joined just after the war started. I still believe it needed to be, but i had no idea that it would end up where our leaders are keeping our military from doing their job and putting them in a position like this. Now that our gov't has put all these restrictions on them, we haven't got a chance in hell. We need to bring them home NOW :(

The Rules of engagement were changed to "The enemy wins, America loses" as of January 20th, 2009. Why else would America's most able field commander have opted to move to Head of the CIA, where the guy occupying the chair changes out every four to six months or so on average. Does anyone remember Porter Goss, Sterling Hayden, Leon Panetta? Obama doesn't want to be killing his Muslim brethren anymore than he'd like killing Vlad Putin or Dimitri Medvedev but he doesn't want to be recalled as the man who cut and ran from Afghanistan, the War he and his fellow Democrats characterized as the "Good War" to contrast to George W Bush's "Bad War" in Iraq. So Obama changed the rules of engagement sharply enough so that America will be bled so severely with so little gain in return that public opinion against Afghanistan will become so firmly against it he'll just have to be seen as bowing to public opinion and pulling out "Against His Will And Better Judgement" History will simply record that the people lost the will to fight, not Obama, while in reality it will have Obama who planned, orchestrated, and manipulated its end.
We should have recognized what was coming instantly when Obama threw out the bust of Winston Churchill immediately after entering the White House premises after being sworn in January 20th, 2009, for it was Winston Churchill, whose spirit, wisdom, resolve, and determination, in combination with America's industrial strength and economic wealth that allowed Western civilization to emerge victorious at the end of WWII, the last war the West has won since.
"In War; Resolution: In Defeat; Defiance:" Winston Churchill 'Any nation that can not or will not abide by those terms won't have to worry about its freedoms for long either, for they are sure to lose them'

Last edited:

I know what you mean! I was for the war....my son joined just after the war started. I still believe it needed to be, but i had no idea that it would end up where our leaders are keeping our military from doing their job and putting them in a position like this. Now that our gov't has put all these restrictions on them, we haven't got a chance in hell. We need to bring them home NOW :(

All these extra rules and red tapes put on our men and women is fucking ridiculous, they can't even do their damn jobs so they have no reason to be there anymore.

The media is lost...over the edge...never to return to their former glory. They have stacked their offices with like minded people. No diversity in their ranks and that's just how it is. If a republican were in office or if you prefer when Romney wins in November, the media will return to announcing the death of each and every serviceman or women multiple times a day.

The media is lost...over the edge...never to return to their former glory. They have stacked their offices with like minded people. No diversity in their ranks and that's just how it is. If a republican were in office or if you prefer when Romney wins in November, the media will return to announcing the death of each and every serviceman or women multiple times a day.

You sure nailed that one. Very wise observation. Thanks.

Forum List

Back