The University of Hawaii is on its way to being entirely solar powered

Re: Minnesota, the peak hours fall short on average a few months out of the year.

It’s the peak hours, bro. :itsok:
I think his point is that the temperature is steady because it gets the consistent sunlight to maintain that consistency. It is not available for Minnesota, for example.

A. That wasn’t his point
B. There’s no sunlight in Minnesota?! :eek:

That's not what I said, silly one. I said sunlight is not as consistent there. Sorry if that was beyond your comprehension.
Ah not consistent. In Minnesota, the sun will NOT come out tomorrow

AileenQuinnAnnie2.jpg

Ah, deliberate stupidity. Perhaps you should take a course on "seasons" and how long the day is in Minnesota in the winter compared to how long the day is in Hawaii during the same season.

I know you're trying to use sarcasm because you have no argument, but all you've done is make yourself look childish and stupid. Thanks for that.
Lol you keep saying solar panels won’t work in Minnesota but then admitting that the sun does indeed come out there. That’s pretty stupid, bro :itsok:

I think his point is that the temperature is steady because it gets the consistent sunlight to maintain that consistency. It is not available for Minnesota, for example.

A. That wasn’t his point

That's not what I said, silly one. I said sunlight is not as consistent there. Sorry if that was beyond your comprehension.

AileenQuinnAnnie2.jpg

Ah, deliberate stupidity. Perhaps you should take a course on "seasons" and how long the day is in Minnesota in the winter compared to how long the day is in Hawaii during the same season.

I know you're trying to use sarcasm because you have no argument, but all you've done is make yourself look childish and stupid. Thanks for that.
Lol you keep saying solar panels won’t work in Minnesota but then admitting that the sun does indeed come out there. That’s pretty stupid, bro :itsok:

Troll, troll, troll your boat, gently down the stream

^ thinks temperature powers solar panels :rofl:

Holy fuck

A. That wasn’t his point

AileenQuinnAnnie2.jpg

Ah, but wind is the natural partner of solar. And they get a bit of wind in Minnesota in the winter.

Let us know when the Univeristy of Minneapolis goes entirely solar.
You are about a dumb fuck, little fuck finger.

U of M purchases additional community solar subscriptions

The University of Minnesota is continuing to invest in renewable, locally produced energy sources. With approval from the Board of Regents last week, the Twin Cities campus will annually purchase 46 million kilowatt hours of community solar garden subscriptions from Innovative Power Systems, subsidiaries of NextEra Energy Resources, and US Solar over the next 25 years.

“The University balances three principles when delivering energy services – environmental impact, cost effectiveness, and reliability,” said Shane Stennes, director of sustainability. “The community solar subscriptions advance these principles, will result in significant cost savings, and support the development of more renewable electricity in Minnesota. Combined with our October 2016 purchase from Geronimo Energy, 14 percent of our annual electrical consumption will be tied to community solar by the end of 2018.”

A community solar garden is a centralized, shared solar electricity facility connected to the energy grid that has multiple subscribers. The community solar gardens will produce electricity and renewable energy certificates to be provided to Xcel Energy. The University pays the solar facility operators based on its share in the garden and the actual electricity production from the solar gardens. The University receives credits from Xcel on its electric bill based upon the production of the solar garden and the University’s subscription share of the garden.

So they are pouring a lot of money down the sewer hole and raising everyone's tuition to pay for it. You proved nothing.

When they convert their campus entirely to solar, let us know. Otherwise shut the fuck about how solar is so practical and economical. Of course, they will never do that because they would all freeze to death.
An entire campus converts to solar. Conservative response? Let me know when ANOTHER campus converts to solar, or else solar is just bullshit.

:laugh:

Fucking idiot

A campus converts to solar where the average temperature barely fluctuates away from 74 degrees, and you think that's some great achievment?
^ thinks temperature powers solar panels :rofl:

Holy fuck

LOL!

Awesome.

The University of Hawaii is on its way to being entirely solar powered

If you needed another reason to spend your four college years in paradise (and by that, we mean Hawaii), the state’s university may have just given you one. The University of Hawaii (UH) has announced that its Maui College campus is slated to become one of the first in the United States to derive 100 percent of its energy from on-site solar photovoltaic systems (PV) coupled with battery storage. So whether you want to spend your college days surfing or knowing that your institution of higher learning is helping you to reduce your carbon footprint, the University of Hawaii may be looking like an increasingly appealing choice.

"If you needed another reason to spend your four college years in paradise ..."

If being completed solar powered is a "reason" to choose a particular college ... It's safe to say you will do fine in any college, and the cost of living is cheaper elsewhere.

A. That wasn’t his point

AileenQuinnAnnie2.jpg

Ah, but wind is the natural partner of solar. And they get a bit of wind in Minnesota in the winter.

That is a different issue and one where I would not disagree with you. If you had taken that tack, rather than playing silly games, a conversation might have evolved.

A. That wasn’t his point

AileenQuinnAnnie2.jpg

Do you actually believe a windmill will heat your home when it's -40 outside?

Forum List

Back