The unity of Christianity

`
Christianity has a rich, dark, red history of war and butchering each other.

No, HUMANS have a history of wars. I realize a bigot like you wants to pretend that the only people in the world who have ever done bad things are the ones you hate because of your ignorant prejudices, but the fact is that we ALL have evil inside us.

Unlike you, Christians can admit that. Kinda puts your judgemental condemnation into perspective, doesn't it?

The ancient faith of Christianity is the largest religion in the world. But it is also a religion divided into many denominations. However when you look at it Christians share an incredible unity of belief despite surface differences.

Christians throughout both time and space share:

The Trinity
The holiness of the Bible
baptism and communion
I’ll grant you the rest of the list ( though there are still many differences, but these three?

Nontrinitarians have been around since the beginning of Christianity. But once the Roman Emperor declared for the Niceness creed, the different forms of nontrinitariansm were considered heretical and suffered. Several groups after the Protestant Reformation are also nontrinitarians.

While all Christian sects consider the Nible holy, what constitutes the Bible varies greatly. The Catholic Church accepts more books as scripture than Protestants, while the Orthodox, Armenian, Coptic, Assyrian, and other older churches accept many more books. And then of course there are the Latter Day Saints.

And of course huge differences with Baptism (infants? Believers? Water or Holy Spirit) and communion: transubstantiation.

`

Actually the Christian religion was left mostly blameless for some 300 years as those who clung to the religion were thrown to the lions, yet it grew and grew anyway.

Then Constantine came along and wanted power, and he noticed this rising religion, so he adopted it as his own to conquer with.

Constantine was not even a Christian, although it is rumored he converted on his death bed. No matter, he is credited with the formation of the Catholic church and the subsequent atrocities of Jewish persecution and Inquisitions, etc.

Christ said that his kingdom was not of this world, nor could be.

The Catholic church, however, did not get the memo. Instead, they created their own world empire with it's own little army and own political leaders, a clear subversion of the Christian faith.
I disagree.

but the fact is that we ALL have evil inside us ... Unlike you, Christians can admit that. Kinda puts your judgemental condemnation into perspective, doesn't it?

we ALL have evil inside us - christians can admit that ...

christianity is a subversion from the original, proactive religion prescribed by the Almighty - The Triumph of Good vs Evil, the religion of Antiquity, the religion of the first century -

the religion of those that were persecuted following that century to this day by the infliction of christianity, the subversion of a false christ as their delusional motivation against the necessary objective to conquer evil within themselves as the only true means to free one's spirit for acceptance and admission for life in the Everlasting.

as the same for the other two desert scriptural religions.

Obama2020
`

¿Example? Who made what on which reasons better than Christians in case of wars? The civil wars or clan wars within Japan for example were once unbelievable cruel. It's said Japanese monks had helped lots of people not to drive totally mad.

Last edited:
`

Actually the Christian religion was left mostly blameless for some 300 years as those who clung to the religion were thrown to the lions, yet it grew and grew anyway.

Then Constantine came along and wanted power, and he noticed this rising religion, so he adopted it as his own to conquer with.

Constantine was not even a Christian, although it is rumored he converted on his death bed. No matter, he is credited with the formation of the Catholic church and the subsequent atrocities of Jewish persecution and Inquisitions, etc.

Christ said that his kingdom was not of this world, nor could be.

The Catholic church, however, did not get the memo. Instead, they created their own world empire with it's own little army and own political leaders, a clear subversion of the Christian faith.

Bad luck - I read this. Now I think you are an idiot. A Catholic prejudice I asume. :lol:

Ecumenical? The Eastern and Roman churches will not, cannot ever give up their supreme priests/popes. Protestant churches will not, cannot accept such chiefs. This gap is unbridgeable.
The ultimate situation with 'real' Christianity is that either one has personal, direct revelation and relation or the whole thing is without value. So, every "Christian" must find his/her unique experience. It may be cozy and comforting to just join a group, but the things Jesus teaches show this is mere theater. That the "kingdom of heaven is within you" should be an alert to anyone capable of deep contemplation. The "kicker" is Mathew 21:21.

I don’t get why people see diversity as a bad thing.
It is extremely difficult to identify anything that is all 'bad' or 'good'.
"Diversity" in culture and society is one of the best examples.
Within oneself, "diversity" either cannot exist or resolves to schizophrenia.

Jews managed to do a lot of murdering and persecuting themselves for the next 1600 years from 0 A.D. themselves, and so did pagans. The old nonsense that Jews were just hapless innocent victims is rubbish for the most part. Jewish soldiers marched with the Muslim armies into Spain in 711, which was why there were so many there in the first place, and they were the garrison troops in several major cities for hundreds of years.They did very well from the looting.

I guess lots of people in the army of the Muslims of the African Orient who had conquered Andalusia in the European Occident could had been Christians too. In the Osman empire about 1/3 of all people were Christians. This changed when the French and English colonialism became mighty in Africa.

The Inquisition was pretty mild compared to what Christians suffered under both Jews and Muslims, so I can't work up any tears for them, as they probably were a 'fifth column' the reconquestas just didn't want running around loose so soon after retaking Spain. The last two rulers of one the last Jewish kingdoms before the Islamic invasions started, in what is now Yemen, had steles made bragging about all the Christians they murdered during invasions into Arabia, 15,000 and 25,0000, respectively.

In the Yemen existed what? ... Are you sure this has not to do with something like the Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church? They are very "Jewish".

Last edited:
Ecumenical? The Eastern and Roman churches will not, cannot ever give up their supreme priests/popes. Protestant churches will not, cannot accept such chiefs. This gap is unbridgeable.
The ultimate situation with 'real' Christianity is that either one has personal, direct revelation and relation or the whole thing is without value. So, every "Christian" must find his/her unique experience. It may be cozy and comforting to just join a group, but the things Jesus teaches show this is mere theater. That the "kingdom of heaven is within you" should be an alert to anyone capable of deep contemplation. The "kicker" is Mathew 21:21.

You are wrong on every single level.

Ecumenicism does not require that I accept the religious leaders of other churches as MY leaders. I can disagree with the beliefs of another church and still accept their leaders as THEIR leaders, and have a collegial, inter-Christian relationship with them so long as I believe they are genuinely trying their best to follow the will of God as they understand it. The state of their souls and their personal relationship to God is between them and God; it's none of my business, because I couldn't possibly know anything about it, anyway.

And no, the group is not "just theater". The Bible instructs us very firmly, in multiple places, to be a part of a Christian community. Humans are built to be social creatures. We need each other. It is much easier to grow and develop as a Christian when you are doing it in company of other people with the same goal. We learn things about our own lives from the lessons other people can share. It is MUCH easier to reach out to and help the community around you in concert with other Christians. There's a very short limit on what I, personally, can do for homeless people, for example. There is a lot more that I can do as part of my church.

All humans have a relationship to god, because god is death. It is much easier to understand how the theologian has used a fundamental illusion of man with which to establish power: the illusion of not being dead once we already are. It is much easier to understand religion's pathology amongst other atheists who have weaned from religion's drugs and can help the homeless in christ.

All humans have a relationship to god, because god is death. It is much easier to understand how the theologian has used a fundamental illusion of man with which to establish power: the illusion of not being dead once we already are. It is much easier to understand religion's pathology amongst other atheists who have weaned from religion's drugs and can help the homeless in christ.

Christians have never been hard to understand. What's difficult to understand is why anyone would be an atheist, let alone what "help" they think they're offering anyone. Seems like a giant lose-lose to me. If you're wrong, you're seriously screwed. And if you're right . . . you don't exist anymore, and your entire existence has been nothing but a pointless, cruel practical joke by the universe.

What the hell do you get out of a belief like that, and why would you want to spread it? For the "benefit" of feeling smug and superior to others? I do that anyway. For the "joy" of going around attacking other people's beliefs and spewing your bile when no one asked, and everyone could not possibly be less interested if they tried? However much bile and vitriol atheists vomit about Christian evangelism, I have never personally met a Christian who is nearly as obnoxious, overbearing, and unpleasantly strident about it as your average atheist. If I want to be an arrogant ass, I can also do THAT without having to embrace the "uplifting" belief that my life is empty and meaningless, thanks.

All humans have a relationship to god, because god is death ... It is much easier to understand religion's pathology amongst other atheists who have weaned from religion's drugs and can help the homeless in christ.

because god is death - - to an atheist

the pathology is for the scriptural desert religions not the prescribed vocal forbearance of an individuals origin and their quest for remission as made possible before the expiration of their physical being.

Christians have never been hard to understand. What's difficult to understand is why anyone would be an atheist, let alone what "help" they think they're offering anyone. Seems like a giant lose-lose to me. If you're wrong, you're seriously screwed. And if you're right . . . you don't exist anymore, and your entire existence has been nothing but a pointless, cruel practical joke by the universe.

What the hell do you get out of a belief like that, and why would you want to spread it? For the "benefit" of feeling smug and superior to others? I do that anyway. For the "joy" of going around attacking other people's beliefs and spewing your bile when no one asked, and everyone could not possibly be less interested if they tried? However much bile and vitriol atheists vomit about Christian evangelism, I have never personally met a Christian who is nearly as obnoxious, overbearing, and unpleasantly strident about it as your average atheist. If I want to be an arrogant ass, I can also do THAT without having to embrace the "uplifting" belief that my life is empty and meaningless, thanks.

Add to that that atheism is illogical and untrue and it adds bigger questions on what anyone can get out of it

Nicene Creed

Here it is: What Christians believe.

I believe in Christ. I don’t believe in the nicene creed or any other creed made by man
Add to that that atheism is illogical and untrue and it adds bigger questions on what anyone can get out of it

I believe in Christ.

how are you any different than an atheist when you place something else between yourself, your ability to free your spirit and an atheist that claims the same personal inability.

there was no reference from jesus to being a christ in the 1st century and the issue of a messiah as the same is contrary to the prescribed religion of Antiquity to free one's spirit per the individual and humanity as a whole for admission to the Everlasting before their death.

Forum List

Back