The United states isn't founded on Christianity

It seems to me that the USA was founded on Christianity. In fact it is heir to the ROMAN EMPIRE-----via England which is, simply, a knock off of Roman empire. The USA legal system is----
British---which is also---knock off of Roman law. If it is not Christian------what is it?
The principles that sustained the development of the U.S. Constitution were a distillation of ancient Greek and Roman philosophy, the Magna Carta, the work of Locke, Hume, Rousseau, Paine, et al. to include Judeo-Christian concepts.

It seems to me that the USA was founded on Christianity. In fact it is heir to the ROMAN EMPIRE-----via England which is, simply, a knock off of Roman empire. The USA legal system is----
British---which is also---knock off of Roman law. If it is not Christian------what is it?
The principles that sustained the development of the U.S. Constitution were a distillation of ancient Greek and Roman philosophy, the Magna Carta, the work of Locke, Hume, Rousseau, Paine, et al. to include Judeo-Christian concepts.

fair summary------the big problem was that ROMAN INFLUENCE----that screws up everything-----ancient rome was barbaric without mitigation

The reason the Federal govt. was created as a secular govt. was because most states were founded by different sects of Christian faiths, and nobody was going to agree on which faith was favored by law, not to mention the Baptists and Methodists were a surging evangelical demographic in many states, the Baptists had separation of church and state as one of its founding platforms, hence why Jefferson was so solicitous of Baptists, particularly in the New England states where his political support was weak. . All one needs for evidence of this is to go through the state govts., most of which had 'official' state favored sects that only gradually repealed that favoritism, which included the power to tax citizens, the last state doing so somewhere around the mid 1830's or so, some 40 years after the ratification.

If anybody thinks the Fed is secular because of a lot of Deep Thinking and ponderous sophistry, I have a duck that shits golden eggs, and I will sell it to you personally, for $20 cash.

Is it a muscovy, mallard, Peking or something else? $20 is an average price for a duck hen of laying age. Usually the duck eggs are pale blue not gold.

As far as the Jeffersonian Republicans are concerned, Jefferson's wing was almost entirely based on 'Bolingbrokism', which in turn was influenced by the Calvinist views on mercantilism and work ethic, i.e. favoring meritocracy, as opposed to aristocratic privilege by birth, not Locke or anybody else; just because politicians engage in a lot namedropping as an appeal to higher moral and intellectual authority doesn't mean they're telling the truth. As Forrest McDonald points out in his book on the Jefferson Presidency, Jefferson's philosophy is lifted almost entirely from Viscount Bolingbroke's Craftsman series of pamphlets from the early 17th century, in opposition to the royalist factions in the English politics of that era.

As for Paine, he was a good propagandist, and after the war was over he was no longer useful and tossed under the bus afterward, and of no more importance, not even to the general public. He was never a major political player, despite his modern popularity and being fashionable with academics.

Last edited:
Why do you think has this something to do with the Islam? I see christian symbols.

The star and crescent are not Christian insignia Sir/Ma'am they are Islamic insignia.

The star is the star of mother Mary, the Queen of heaven - the crescent is the place where she rests her feet. This symbols were often used in Constantinople/Istanbul. Here a version of this theme from Albrecht Dürer.

D%C3%BCrer%2B2.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back