The united states is unique

Misty

Gold Member
Aug 11, 2009
We don't want to be like Europe that's why people left there and came here. We don't want to be like Cuba that's why so many cubans risk there lives to come here

we don't want to be like Mexico that's why so many mexicans come here

we are America and we are different and better and we want to stay that way.

Travel the world and trust me, you will appreciate America more than ever

Misty

For the most part I agree with you. We are also one of the only countries that offer citizenship to anyone in the world.
However, this does not mean that we cannot adopt ideas from other countries and make them our own. That is what has made this country great, a willingness to adapt.

Misty

For the most part I agree with you. We are also one of the only countries that offer citizenship to anyone in the world.
However, this does not mean that we cannot adopt ideas from other countries and make them our own. That is what has made this country great, a willingness to adapt.

Offer citizenship to those who legally immigrate here and meet residency requirements. We do NOT offer citizenship to anyone.

I agree, I was thinking the exact same thing the other day when I stopped by my local Irish pub after having dinner at that new Italian restaurant down the block.

Wrong, we are not trying to be like everyone else.

We are trying to be like US as we were founded as soveriegn nation that respected other soveriegn nations and didn't believe in foriegn nation building.

We don't want to be like Europe that's why people left there and came here. We don't want to be like Cuba that's why so many cubans risk there lives to come here

Different - yes. Better? Well, it depends WHO is comparing the US to WHAT COUNTRY. Different people have different sets of values/preferences and based on those they compare countries. I'm sure there'd be enough people comparing US with Germany for whom Germany would come out on top.

The point is - it's very subjective.

I agree with OP 100%. We are unique and it's one of the things that makes the United States of America a beacon to the rest of the world. We are a melting pot. We can incorporate some of the great ideas and great things about other cultures and adapt them to our purposes. And we can decide for ourselves what we don't like about other countries and avoid those things.

We can even try things and if we decide we don't like them, we can change it back.

It's the will of the people as expressed through democratic elections - WONDERFUL!

No, that's not why people left Europe and came to America. They were running from religious persecution. They got here and began to persecute those that believed differently from them. So, it seems to me, they wanted to be just like the Europeans they fled from.

Actually, Mexicans come her for money. Plain and simple.

Cubans come here for the same reason.

I have traveled the world but it didn't make me appreciate American any more nor any less. America is different. Does different mean better? In some instances yes, and in some instances no.

Hey! Britain is also Unique!

Being British is about driving in a German car to an Irish pub for a Belgian beer, and then travelling home, grabbing an Indian curry or Turkish kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV.
And the most British thing of all? Suspicion of anything foreign."

Wrong, we are not trying to be like everyone else.

We are trying to be like US as we were founded as soveriegn nation that respected other soveriegn nations and didn't believe in foriegn nation building.

ya damnit......we sure showed the american indian and mexicans what respecting soveriegn nations was all about....

Hey! Britain is also Unique!

Being British is about driving in a German car to an Irish pub for a Belgian beer, and then travelling home, grabbing an Indian curry or Turkish kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV.
And the most British thing of all? Suspicion of anything foreign."

:lol:

Apocryphal (?) headline in a British newspaper, "Fog in Channel, Continent cut off"

Says me typing on my made in China keyboard :D

Forum List

Back