The United States is losing a patriot today

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
or it may tomorrow. Whenever, the doctors have called in the family and told them to expect the worse and soon.

He left the US in November, 1969 headed for Pleiku, Viet Nam. He was a strapping, healthy teenager and returned a spectacle of a man. About the same weight but stronger, and harder, and not very talkative. He was proud to have been able to serve his country.

A few years later he came down with a skin cancer. He also has been a chronic throat clearer for many years. The VA gave him a clean bill of health and have verified his "non-service-connected status concerning his health problems several times through the years. The thing that is killing him now, according to his present VA doctor, is throat cancer, Agent Orange connection with NO DOUBT about it. The Doctor says they have seen this many times for many years now. The Doctor goes further and says that his skin cancers were also related to Agent Orange, no doubt about it. He's suffered with this for over thirty years now and been completely misdiagnosed all along. It's a shame, according to his present Doc, as it was easily diagnosed correctly and treatable. The key word now being "was".

He is my brother. He just turned 55 years old. And I hate to lose him. As I type now I am completely distraught and tears are clouding my vision.

But he has always been proud to serve his country and would now if he could get out of bed. The morphine just keeps him comfortable and non-ambulatory while the rest of the family watches the life drain from this once very strong, capable and honest man.

I'll probably be off the board for awhile as I will be attending to final arrangements for him and his children and I'll be over a thousand miles away from my machine (computer). God bless the USA.

Psychoblues

I'm sorry to hear that terrible news, Psycho. Best of luck to you and stay strong. We'll say a prayer for your brother.

Thank you, jimnyc. Right now, I'm just waiting for the time to leave for the airport. I'm really feeling jittery and down and this place, the United States Message Board, relaxes me as I am confident that we are among friends and patriots here. Thanks for the prayers and thanks for being here. God Bless the USA.

may god bless you in your time of sorrow. thanks to people like your brother we live in the worlds greatest nation. take great care.

I cannot do enough to thank even your brother for what he has endured for this country among veterans. Thankyou to you and your family Psycho blues.

First off, THANKS to all that responded to the message about my brother and to all that were concerned even though they may not have offered a verbal response here. What I said in my reply to jimnyc was genuine. We are a place for patriots and the genuinely participating voting populace.

My brother died on Tuesday, Jan. 13, 2004 about 12 noon Eastern. The services for him were all that could be expected. His wish was to be cremated, that his friends and family gather at his small place of abode and enjoy his memory without bemoaning his death and absense and that his ashes be spread upon the ground that he had called home for the last one and a half decades. This was accomplished as best as we could.

Thanks, USMB, and God love you all and God Bless America.

Your condolence is accepted and appreciated, MtnBiker, even though you misspelled my name. :( Just kidding you, MtnBiker, :) in this day of so much injustice I have to find humor when and where I can!!!!!! Can you dig it?

I extend my heartfelt condolences as well. It is a great tragedy in our history that many of the horrors and after-effects of war become ignored (or in this case misdiagnosed). Best wishes to you and your family.

Forum List

Back