The United States is losing a patriot today

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Psychoblues, Jan 13, 2004.

1. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    or it may tomorrow. Whenever, the doctors have called in the family and told them to expect the worse and soon.

He left the US in November, 1969 headed for Pleiku, Viet Nam. He was a strapping, healthy teenager and returned a spectacle of a man. About the same weight but stronger, and harder, and not very talkative. He was proud to have been able to serve his country.

A few years later he came down with a skin cancer. He also has been a chronic throat clearer for many years. The VA gave him a clean bill of health and have verified his "non-service-connected status concerning his health problems several times through the years. The thing that is killing him now, according to his present VA doctor, is throat cancer, Agent Orange connection with NO DOUBT about it. The Doctor says they have seen this many times for many years now. The Doctor goes further and says that his skin cancers were also related to Agent Orange, no doubt about it. He's suffered with this for over thirty years now and been completely misdiagnosed all along. It's a shame, according to his present Doc, as it was easily diagnosed correctly and treatable. The key word now being "was".

He is my brother. He just turned 55 years old. And I hate to lose him. As I type now I am completely distraught and tears are clouding my vision.

But he has always been proud to serve his country and would now if he could get out of bed. The morphine just keeps him comfortable and non-ambulatory while the rest of the family watches the life drain from this once very strong, capable and honest man.

I'll probably be off the board for awhile as I will be attending to final arrangements for him and his children and I'll be over a thousand miles away from my machine (computer). God bless the USA.

Psychoblues

2. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    I'm sorry to hear that terrible news, Psycho. Best of luck to you and stay strong. We'll say a prayer for your brother.

3. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Thank you, jimnyc. Right now, I'm just waiting for the time to leave for the airport. I'm really feeling jittery and down and this place, the United States Message Board, relaxes me as I am confident that we are among friends and patriots here. Thanks for the prayers and thanks for being here. God Bless the USA.

4. acludem

acludem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Take care psycho...you and your family will be in my prayers.

5. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    Sorry to hear it bro. And yes, god bless America.

6. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    Go in peace. My prayers go out to your brother, you, and your family.

7. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    Psycho,

God bless and give you peace in this time of need. I'm very sorry to hear about your brother.

Jeff

8. jon_forward

jon_forward Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    will say a special prayer for you and yours, my god be with you your family and most of all your bro. hang in there my friend...

9. remie

remie Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8
    may god bless you in your time of sorrow. thanks to people like your brother we live in the worlds greatest nation. take great care.

10. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    One Vet to another, stay strong