THe United States: Best Country On Planet

I

Ike

The United States has made mistakes. I'm not here to deny that and be a fool.

THe United States is a superpower, so when it makes mistakes, they are usually big mistakes. Its just part of having a big foot;wherever you step leaves a big mark.

The United States however, is also the greatest country in the world. When I say that, what i mean is the U.S. more so than any country before it, has the chance to remake this world into something better.

The war in Iraq was not a mistake. We must democratize the middle east.
If that fails, we must at least get rid of these theocratic dictatorships. They cannot be allowed to exist, they are a threat to ALL our existence.

People bitch and moan about the US. The US is second ONLY to Japan in Aid it gives to the world. Each year, millions of children are fed with US money.

US soldiers protect South Korea and countless other countries from invasion and obliteration.

If you hate Bush, fine. Whatever, who cares. But make no mistake, the US is the worlds best hope. Not only for peace, but for everything else too.

What do you think?

Welcome Ike!

I would have to agree with your point that the US is something special. Our whole existence is based on a common bond, not of race, religion, or ancestry, but on the notion that "all men are created equal." As long as that notion remains in the forefront of our national mindset, I think that the US - and its democratic allies - will prevail against any threats that come against it.

**edited by moderator **

** Chris “Cyc” Demetriou - I suggest you find a forum elsewhere **

Wow Lt. - what an incredibly articulate post.

:rolleyes:

We won the Cold War against Communism.

That is a good thing - but unfortunately we did make some nasty alliances to accomplish it. Time to clean those up.

And a correction to Ike's post. If one includes military spending to protect other nations, our aid figures are the largest in the world, and in history.

u had to start many wars through the next decades and kill so many people so u could place your own people in power.

Let me get this straight... you're pissed off at America for starting wars and "killing so many people", and yet your pissed off that we werent there when you're country was invaded?

Do us all a favor, stop listening to the voices in your head. Let them fight amongst themselves. :rolleyes:

Disregard the idiot. He's been sent back to play with the other 3rd graders who can't control their outbursts.

Ike, I can honestly say that that was probably the most thoughtful, honest post I've seen on this board. Welcome!

Oh, and by the way, this forum is for US-haters, so get the hell out of here!!!:)

This is Lt. Cyc again
to lilcountriegal: I said that u start wars of your own interest but when my country was invaded you were nowhere near to stop it. What part of that don't u understand? START-STOP, difference...
I can write it in greek if u do not understand english.

And I would like to say that I am proud of joining this American message board. I can realy feel the USA freedom of speach feeling. Especially when the moderator deleted my message and banned my account. USA is great, imagine u created this Anti-USA section so u can remove any Anti-Usa stuff, and leave only the good shit, so you can read it, feel proud that noone has any real evidence or reason against USA and then masterbate.

to the moderator : Johny Walker - Keep Blinding

Originally posted by Cyc
This is Lt. Cyc again
to lilcountriegal: I said that u start wars of your own interest but when my country was invaded you were nowhere near to stop it. What part of that don't u understand? START-STOP, difference...
I can write it in greek if u do not understand english.

And I would like to say that I am proud of joining this American message board. I can realy feel the USA freedom of speach feeling. Especially when the moderator deleted my message and banned my account. USA is great, imagine u created this Anti-USA section so u can remove any Anti-Usa stuff, and leave only the good shit, so you can read it, feel proud that noone has any real evidence or reason against USA and then masterbate.

to the moderator : Johny Walker - Keep Blinding

Do you understand what freedom of speech entails? Look around the board, how many others do you see making their first post so inflammatory?

You're damn right you were banned. And I deleted the message so that no one had to read your stupid posts. Coming on here for the sole purpose of cursing out complete strangers is asinine.

Shall I ban this account as well, or do you think you can post like everyone else here?

The United States however, is also the greatest country in the world. When I say that, what i mean is the U.S. more so than any country before it, has the chance to remake this world into something better.

If that fails, we must at least get rid of these theocratic dictatorships. They cannot be allowed to exist, they are a threat to ALL our existence.

People bitch and moan about the US. The US is second ONLY to Japan in Aid it gives to the world. Each year, millions of children are fed with US money.

Wait a minute here... percentage wise the U.S. is at or near the bottom in terms of international aid. And it's this attitude of the U.S. being the lone ranger out to save earth from the evil doers that is the problem. there are quite a few free countries around... yet they the don't yell so loud about how their way is the only way and too bad for the world. The idea of American interests being above human interests is also big problem. Sure i want to be rich, but I won't kill people or rob them to do it! My interests are importatnt to me, but not more important than people's rights. U.S. should apply a little of that to international diplomacy and see what happens.

Originally posted by Scourge

Wait a minute here... percentage wise the U.S. is at or near the bottom in terms of international aid. And it's this attitude of the U.S. being the lone ranger out to save earth from the evil doers that is the problem. there are quite a few free countries around... yet they the don't yell so loud about how their way is the only way and too bad for the world. The idea of American interests being above human interests is also big problem. Sure i want to be rich, but I won't kill people or rob them to do it! My interests are importatnt to me, but not more important than people's rights. U.S. should apply a little of that to international diplomacy and see what happens.
At or near the bottom in terms of ais? The US is the largest contributor of aid worldwide. Perhaps the statistics that you saw were with regard to one type of aid. The real truth is that if you add up all that we do for other countries, it's the largest amount.

I apologize to the moderator for the first message. You are absolutely right!
It is totally up to your jurisdiction to decide what is “stupid” and what is proper for an international audience such as any internet website may provide.
As for the content, I offered another two different sources for those who think I am unreliable.
As for the freedom of speech and what it entails:
Universal Declaration of Human Rights:
Article 19:
“Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.”

They teach me all these in 3rd grade.

I apologize to the moderator for the first message. You are absolutely right!

I usually am!

It is totally up to your jurisdiction to decide what is “stupid” and what is proper for an international audience such as any internet website may provide.

Making posts filled with vulgarity at total strangers IS stupid.

“Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.”

And now show me where it states you have the right to post vulgarity on a PRIVATE message board. Can you do that? You do realize 'freedom of speech' is not absolute, don't you?

They teach me all these in 3rd grade.

Ok, come back after you pass that course then.

Originally posted by Cyc
As for the freedom of speech and what it entails:
Universal Declaration of Human Rights:
Article 19:

The Universal Declaration of Human Right, eh? There's a legally binding document, followed by all signatories! Try the First Amendment instead!

Dear Moi,

I didn't say the U.S. was at or near the bottom in terms of giving aid, only near the bottom PERCENTAGE-wise. I mean if I give $100 to charity and Bill gates gives $500, sure he is giving more, but is he really a humanitarian? It's the amount you give compared to the amount you have I was referring to.

On a side note: We could end world hunger if we put a few years of defense budgets towards the problem! that old saying about the army having a bake sale to raise money for arms is kind of true... all this capital and few good uses...

Scourge,

Sorry to say, bud, but you are never going to stop world hunger through handouts. Your best chance at stopping, or at least reducing, world hunger, would be for every country in the world to adopt a Western-style democracy and free-market capitalism. As you can see, hunger levels are far lower in developed democracies like the US, UK, Germany, etc. than they are in the dictatorships of Zimbabwe, Liberia, etc.

BTW, welcome to the boards!

1.) I am glad to see that my ironic apologies helped to raise your self confidence.
2.) I do not obey the U.S. Constitution and its Amendments.

The first time I came in this website first thing I came across was this:

The U.S. Message Board has a long and successful history of educating Liberals, and Muslims to see the light. We find that working with them is not only a creative end in itself but also a powerful tool for educating others in the world how to live in harmony. It frequently turns to name calling, and lies.. at the message board due to not being educated enough to offer a challengeable point of view. . The U.S. Message Board also offers exciting challenges to Liberals, and Muslims to speak their mind as "freely as they wish. We believe in freedom of speech, and the freedom to be stupid."

But now that I have spoken my ming, i can see that you do not allow freedom of speech, and you don't even allow people to be stupid. I believe you Americans have a phrase that would describe the above text: "A bunch of Bullshit."

Therefore I will not post any more messages in this forum and leave you 'educate' the rest of the globe, even against their will

nevertheless, the truth is, that USA is the most powerful nation in the globe, and since it does not follow any written or oral declaration, law, or even religion principals, may act as it wishes.

A reminder - Fortuna Rota Virtutis

But now that I have spoken my ming, i can see that you do not allow freedom of speech, and you don't even allow people to be stupid. I believe you Americans have a phrase that would describe the above text: "A bunch of Bullshit."

We allowed you to be stupid, and you obviously took advantage of that right.

You are free to post whatever you want and whenever you want - within reason. No freedom of speech anywhere allows you to go into a private setting and make an ass out of yourself by spewing vulgarity.

Therefore I will not post any more messages in this forum and leave you 'educate' the rest of the globe, even against their will

Do you promise? If you don't want to post here why did you re-register with another email address when your first was banned? And yet you still haven't been banned a 2nd time? Does that tell you that if you post in a civil manner and leave out the non-stop expletives that you WILL in fact have freedom of speech?

nevertheless, the truth is, that USA is the most powerful nation in the globe, and since it does not follow any written or oral declaration, law, or even religion principals, may act as it wishes.

In case you haven't noticed, this is not a government website. Educate yourself instead of spouting garbage.

Sorry to say, bud, but you are never going to stop world hunger through handouts. Your best chance at stopping, or at least reducing, world hunger, would be for every country in the world to adopt a Western-style democracy and free-market capitalism. As you can see, hunger levels are far lower in developed democracies like the US, UK, Germany, etc. than they are in the dictatorships of Zimbabwe, Liberia, etc.

OK....
Since we have changed the subject from my original point...(lol) we might as well discuss this. they might be more factors determining poverty and famine than just style of government. If the U.S. was situated on desert land and did not border any bodies of water (for example) would capitalism and democracy be feeding everyone? it's easy to be in a free market when you have both power and capital, it's not so easy when you have neither. Perhaps, if we didn't get rich off the backs of less fortunate countries we could talk about hand-outs, but we have taken hand-outs by force or coercion from too many small states/countries and used that power to build the empire we now reside in. Where's the equality in that? Or is it survival of the fittest? Most ruthless? He who goes for the jugular writes the textbooks...

Forum List

Back