The United Roomy Message Boards

I put a ban on him temporarily- until we figure this out. It could be somebody w/ his account, trying to delete all his posts; or Him. I'm not sure yet what's going on; I just see his posts disappearing.

dmp said:
I put a ban on him temporarily- until we figure this out. It could be somebody w/ his account, trying to delete all his posts; or Him. I'm not sure yet what's going on; I just see his posts disappearing.
Set-up for a censor claim, maybe?

Mr. P said:
Set-up for a censor claim, maybe?

Would be funny to have him claim censorship considering his posts would have 'last edited by roomy'

:)

Could be a lot of things going on - I hope he emails me and gets whatever account-help he needs.

dmp said:
Would be funny to have him claim censorship considering his posts would have 'last edited by roomy'

:)

Could be a lot of things going on - I hope he emails me and gets whatever account-help he needs.
Hey, does it really matter? I mean if he wants to delete all his posts, who cares?

Mr. P said:
Hey, does it really matter? I mean if he wants to delete all his posts, who cares?

Of course it really matters. His posts are part of the web of discussion created by the membership of this forum. He can seriously jack up otherwise fine discussion threads.

dmp said:
Of course it really matters. His posts are part of the web of discussion created by the membership of this forum. He can seriously jack up otherwise fine discussion threads.
He hasn't posted in any fine discussion threads best I can recall, has he?

dmp said:

That is correct, and will not be tolerated. Should he have deleted his initial post's instead of editing them, every response that follows gets deleted too.

Roomy, as per this thread title it appears you expect special treatment. I've lifted your temporary ban and you are free to post again as much as you like!

Oh, and one thing, you have been added to a newly created usergroup, one where the RIGHT to edit/delete posts has been revoked.

Mr. P said:
He hasn't posted in any fine discussion threads best I can recall, has he?

Unfortunately, it's not wise to decide when to moderate based on the importance of the thread. I have extended every courtesy to roomy and will continue to do so, but I don't think it's fair to expect me to allow him to purposely delete data that belongs to the USMB.

Just a general, run of the mill question. Are we allowed to delete posts or would you prefer us not to? Not too sure what the problem is with somebody deleting their own posts. Cheers...

Forum List

Back