The United Nations - Is it worth staying in?

Deornwulf

Nov 10, 2004
Has the United Nations outlived any usefullness it once may have had?

I am shocked but not surprised by the level of corruption that is being hidden by Crime Lord Anan and his henchmen. How can one expect an allegedly democratic organization actually be honest and democratic when so much of its membership is made up of countries that are neither? The Oil-for-Food Scandal and the stonewalling by the UN of the Senate investigation is just one more example of how the UN is failing to live up to its charter.

I challenge anyone to name one successfully completed UN mission. Every single one I could find is either still going on, was never resolved, or ended with the UN tucking its tail and running.

No and considering how much money we kick in to be a member of that illustrious corrupt group........NO WAY!!

I suggest that a sign be hung on the NYC headquarters UN building saying "Approved Terrorist Target"
:laugh:

Whether we stay in or leave i dont think its going to change much our policies. I think it would be fun to watch Bush pull out of the UN. i say that just because i know every Democrat in Congress would be complaining about it when most Americans see it as irrelevant.

I think the UN as a body needs to be severely overhauled or outright scrapped.

There is a need to have an international body, but this one has become absolutely corrupt and has as much relevance today as the League of Nations was prior to WWII.

We should withdraw from the UN and begin work on a new and improved body. I think once the USA withdraws from the UN citing a long list of corruptions and scandals, other relevant nations will follow suit.

France, Germany and China will scream bloody murder, which I personally would glean great satisfaction from.

NATO AIR said:
anti-american
anti-democratic
pro-corruption
pro-oppression
pro-mass murder
pro-evil

yea, that about sums up the UN and why we should get out of it.

Don't hold back anything!

:dev3:

ScreamingEagle said:
Also
anti-Jew

(was that redundant?)

Given the Democrat party's stand on American sovereignty vis-a-vis the U.N., and the U.N.'s hostile view toward Israel, I marvel that so many Jews continue to vote Democrat. I understand that the Republicans made some inroads this year, though.

We hear a lot of speculation about what the driving issue with American voters was. I, personally, think the pundits are missing it by a mile. I think John Kerry cut his own throat during the first debate - the one where he supposedly cleaned President Bush's clock. He uttered two words that wrote his unfitness to command in bold letters across the sky:

"Global test".

musicman said:
Given the Democrat party's stand on American sovereignty vis-a-vis the U.N., and the U.N.'s hostile view toward Israel, I marvel that so many Jews continue to vote Democrat. I understand that the Republicans made some inroads this year, though.

We hear a lot of speculation about what the driving issue with American voters was. I, personally, think the pundits are missing it by a mile. I think John Kerry cut his own throat during the first debate - the one where he supposedly cleaned President Bush's clock. He uttered two words that wrote his unfitness to command in bold letters across the sky:

"Global test".

Maybe those who voted for Bush realized the immorality of a "Global Test" ? :cool:

Bonnie said:
Always seems to come back around to that huh??

All "tongue-in-cheek" -ness aside - yes, it certainly does. Although the liberals are trying to use it as some sort of weapon, in their desperate, demented search for excuses - yes, it certainly does come down to morals. Cowardice before terrorists is not only unwise - it's immoral. Duplicity before the electorate not only reflects poorly on the perpetrators - it's immoral. A hateful, scheming worldview that would circumvent the will of the people at home, while selling out their interests to corrupt tyrants abroad, is not only a monstrous betrayal of American blood - it's immoral.

Forum List

Back