the unemployment rate dropped to 8.1% which is Great news

miami_thomas

VIP Member
Jan 20, 2011
For Obama it is great news. Not for the unemployed. Only 90,000 jobs created while 386,000 left the work force. Why doesn't the labor department get it over with and say everyone left the work force so Obama can proclaims 0% unemployment.

Last edited:
It's great news (for Neo-Marxists)! This is the worst economy since the FDR Depression!

46.7MM on Food stamps

23MM unemployed

Obama needs one more term to "finish the job"

Obama can't get the economy going in the right direction after 3+ years with any consistancy, I think it's time to give somebody else a chance to get the job done. Obama appears to be in over his head with his ideology blinding him along the way.
I do too.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k61AN4fynDM]Richard Simmons loves you - YouTube[/ame]

How about him ? Look at the motivator in action !
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJRPFVPTEes]The View - Pee Wee Herman (6-01-10) - YouTube[/ame]

8.1% is close to Boosh's 7.8%

I know and if only another million would give up looking for work and we will be there. Isn't it amazing. I'm so excited for Obama. I think Liberal soldiers should get out and tell workers to stop looking then you could even get it down to 5 or even 4%. Why stop at Bush when you can reach for Clinton.

Last edited:
And the damn REPUBLICANS STILL filibuster and obstruct against ALL jobs bills. The American Jobs Act and the highway bill are buried in the Repub House. They have 13 "working" days left before the election. Anyone wanna bet they'll suddenly start voting FOR jobs?

Hell no. They're entire "jobs plan" is to keep millions out of work in order to put one man out of a job. The only thing we can expect from Boehner and the rest of the pub bums is to continue their business as usual - golf and photo ops where they'll lie about the president. Their lies work because so many Americans do not know that we have three branches of government.

Are we better off?

2008 Under Bush:
Mar...... -112,000
Apr....... -215,000
May....... *216,000
Jun....... -231,000
Jul........ -259,000
Aug...... -294,000

Four Years Later Under Obama:
Mar….. +120,000
Apr….. +115,000
May….. +69,000
Jun….. +80,000
Jul….. +163,000
Aug….. +96,000

Anyone planning to vote FOR Mitt will be voting AGAINST jobs.

Eight percent unemployment is the new norm.

A lot of jobs aren't needed anymore due to technology.

And a lot of jobs are either outsourced or insourced to take advantage of cheap labor.

Welcome to the realities of the 21st century.

Obamination will show he is a scumbag today by claiming 8.1% is improvement.

He knows it is a bogus number based on people giving up, but he will show he is a scumbag talking up 8.1% being improvement because he knows the Obamabots are uneducated shitheads.

For Obama it is great news. Not for the unemployed. Only 90,000 jobs created while 386,000 left the work force. Why doesn't the labor department get it over with and say everyone left the work force so Obama can proclaims 0% unemployment.

it's ok news for both...

lower would be better, obviously.

perhaps we should stop cutting 'government'. you know that cutting teachers, firefighters and police increases unemployment, right?

8.1% is close to Boosh's 7.8%

Obama had knowledge of the new jobs report, before his speech, which some are saying, why he appeared so grim.

Also:

Unfortunately, the decline was due to a sharp drop in the labor participation rate (fewer people looking for jobs), which isn't good news.

Nonetheless, the 8.1 percent figure is a welcome rate for the Obama administration, because it looks like unemployment is finally heading in the right direction (down).

It's worth noting, however, that the unemployment rate is still strikingly higher than the Obama administration thought it would be by now, especially after the economic stimulus enacted back in 2009.

In 2009, advisers to President Obama projected that the unemployment rate would be close to 5 percent at this time.

Read more: Unemployment Rate Projections - Business Insider

They also hid in this report the fact that they are revising the last 2 reports down by 42000 Jobs created. I am sure next month we will learn it was less than 96k this month.

it looks to me like the jobs report is getting pretty much panned as bad even with the dip in unemployment. It occured because a large number of people gave up looking not because of any job growth.

Plus at the end of the day, if you accept that there are 23 million who are unemployed or underemployed those people are going to vote based on their own assessment of their circumstances and wont give a crap about some statistics -- and my guess is they will not be happy campers.

And the damn REPUBLICANS STILL filibuster and obstruct against ALL jobs bills. The American Jobs Act and the highway bill are buried in the Repub House. They have 13 "working" days left before the election. Anyone wanna bet they'll suddenly start voting FOR jobs?

Hell no. They're entire "jobs plan" is to keep millions out of work in order to put one man out of a job. The only thing we can expect from Boehner and the rest of the pub bums is to continue their business as usual - golf and photo ops where they'll lie about the president. Their lies work because so many Americans do not know that we have three branches of government.

Are we better off?

2008 Under Bush:
Mar...... -112,000
Apr....... -215,000
May....... *216,000
Jun....... -231,000
Jul........ -259,000
Aug...... -294,000

Mar….. +120,000
Apr….. +115,000
May….. +69,000
Jun….. +80,000
Jul….. +163,000
Aug….. +96,000

Take a look at 2004-2006 under Bush and get back to me. Obama has added 400,000 jobs (just said this on CNBC) over his 4 year term. 400,000. That's all.

He said unemployment rate should be under 6% right now even without the stimulus bill.

Are we better off?

2008 Under Bush:
Mar...... -112,000
Apr....... -215,000
May....... *216,000
Jun....... -231,000
Jul........ -259,000
Aug...... -294,000

Mar….. +120,000
Apr….. +115,000
May….. +69,000
Jun….. +80,000
Jul….. +163,000
Aug….. +96,000

I know if only Obama had it easy like the other presidents and had a congress that would do whatever he wants. To bad presidents serve longer than 6 months.

Forum List

Back