The Unemployed vs the Wealthiest Among us.

What is wrong with right wing conservatism when it fights for the 'rights' of corporations and the wealthiest among us, and not for the rights of the unemployed working class, the formerly great, American middle class?

The right is fighting for Corporate involvement in the political process and for their right to borrow another $700 Billion Dollars from China so we can give the wealthiest a tax break...that will be paid for by the children and grandchildren of the shrinking middle class.

The right wing will not fight for the unemployed because we might have to borrow how man millions vs $700 billion?

:evil:
Oh the poor right...
Obama will now get credit for something...just like JFK did. What will they ever do? I do wish the Senate would work up til xmas eve.

Dean Baker's advice is to read the fine print in the recently passed tax compromise:

"First, it is important to remember that although the total package is scored as costing almost $900bn over two years, almost everything in this package simply leaves in place current tax rates and spending.

"The biggest portion of the tax cut continues the tax rates put in place by President Bush in 2001.

"The continuation of these tax cuts, including a lower estate tax rate, accounts for almost $400bn of the $900bn."

It's also possible that Obama's continuation of the Bush tax cuts is merely the jab in a one-two punch to shift even more of our tax burden onto wage earners.

Michael Hudson's Obama's Greatest Betrayal:

"The political axiom at work is 'Big fish eat little fish.'

"There’s not enough tax money to continue swelling the fortunes of the super-rich pretending to save enough to pay the pensions and related social support that North American and European employees have been promised.

"Something must give – and the rich have shown themselves sufficiently foresighted to seize the initiative.

"For a preview of what’s in line for the United States, watch neoliberal Europe’s fight against the middle and working class in Greece, Ireland and Latvia; or better yet, Pinochet’s Chile, whose privatized Social Security accounts were quickly wiped out in the late 1970s by the kleptocracy advised by the Chicago Boys, to whose monetarist double-think Obama’s appointee Ben Bernanke has just re-pledged his loyalty."

If the right doesn't see impending fascism in the corporate involvement in today's political process, the little fish will disappear and the big fish will begin tearing into one another.

obama, yes, I remember him. he hates the wealthy wants to punish them, course he's taking one jet to how r u and his wifey is taking her own. fuck the taxpayer. right? that obie wan?

After 99 weeks and still no job?....I don't think getting a job is high on any of their lists.Let's stop calling it an extension for these folks and just call it was it is..Welfare.

What is wrong with right wing conservatism when it fights for the 'rights' of corporations and the wealthiest among us, and not for the rights of the unemployed working class, the formerly great, American middle class?

The right is fighting for Corporate involvement in the political process and for their right to borrow another $700 Billion Dollars from China so we can give the wealthiest a tax break...that will be paid for by the children and grandchildren of the shrinking middle class.

The right wing will not fight for the unemployed because we might have to borrow how man millions vs $700 billion?

What is wrong with a person who can't find work in 3 fuckin' years!?
That takes a lot of effort and talent to not find work in that length of time, and I don't give a fuck how tough times are.
I'm sure as hell not rich, (not by normal standards anyway, maybe I am by Liberal standards), but I think it's pathetic to have benefits extended as long as they are.

i don't understand the logical fallacy of claiming that keeping tax cuts "cost" us money...they don't cost anything, if we don't have the money to spend, don't spend it

i don't understand the logical fallacy of claiming that keeping tax cuts "cost" us money...they don't cost anything, if we don't have the money to spend, don't spend it

to a liberal's ears that just pure fucking sacrilege. Shame on ya.

Your view is so fucked up its stupid to even debate.

Everyone should hate the conservatives, look how evil they are, class warfare.

Marxism hard at work.

silly name calling? :eek:

Oh no! A Marxist is in the room! :lol:

What a moron you reveal yourself to be.

I know some very decent conservatives, they are not right wingers. :eusa_whistle:

Who are the left wing conservatives?

What is wrong with right wing conservatism when it fights for the 'rights' of corporations and the wealthiest among us, and not for the rights of the unemployed working class...?

This is preposterous. "We" help the unemployed because we are generous. There is no "right" to a handout. And politicians "help" them by chaining them to government to buy their votes with other people's money. The only generous man, is a free man acting with his own money. Neither politicians nor liberals are generous acting with other's money.

Why do you think unemployment insurance is a handout?

Isn't it something a worker has earned by her labor?

Well, any government "insurance" isn't really insurance, but they get unemployment checks now. The post seemed to be referring to a lot more then that when it talked about fighting for the rights of the unemployed.

The unemployed versus the wealthy is a canard anyway because like it or not the wealthy provide jobs. Unemployed people don't. The unemployed's rights are best served by a healthy economy and considering the wealthy enemies while it may serve a political purpose doesn't serve an economic one and therefore doesn't help unemployed people.

:eusa_whistle:

aw, I think I hit a sore spot with some of the wingnuts among us. :eusa_shhh:

you should see who had the gall to neg rep me for this one - happy new year meister :eusa_whistle:

What is wrong with right wing conservatism when it fights for the 'rights' of corporations and the wealthiest among us, and not for the rights of the unemployed working class...?

This is preposterous. "We" help the unemployed because we are generous. There is no "right" to a handout...politicians "help" them by chaining them to government...

:cuckoo:

:lol: gawd, you're a complete idiot.

Why do you think unemployment insurance is a handout?

Isn't it something a worker has earned by her labor?

Well, any government "insurance" isn't really insurance, but they get unemployment checks now. The post seemed to be referring to a lot more then that when it talked about fighting for the rights of the unemployed.

The unemployed versus the wealthy is a canard anyway because like it or not the wealthy provide jobs. Unemployed people don't. The unemployed's rights are best served by a healthy economy and considering the wealthy enemies while it may serve a political purpose doesn't serve an economic one and therefore doesn't help unemployed people.
There's a more general Economic principle involved when you argue "the rich create jobs." Namely, wealth and income inequality destroys job creation.

Professor Michael Hudson explains it better than I:

"The argument is made that 'The rich create jobs.' After all, somebody has to build the yachts.

"What is missing is the more general principle: Wealth and income inequality destroy job creation.

"This is because beyond the wealthy soon reach a limit on how much they can consume.

"They spend their money buying financial securities – mainly bonds, which end up indebting the economy. And the debt overhead is what is pushing today’s economy into deepening depression."

Hudson, who spent years working as a Wall Street Economist, also argues a political change is needed if our economy is to change course:

"Something has to give politically if the economy is to change course.

"More to the point, what has to give is favoritism for Wall Street at the expense of the economy at large.

"What has made the U.S. economy uncompetitive is primarily the degree to which debt service has been built into the cost of living and doing business."

Obama's Greatest Betrayal

See Dante, We want people to have their own money and make their own choices. We want businesses to be around so people can be employed in an enterprise that actually generates wealth rather than a corrupt government bueaucracy.

We also want the government to stop spending money. Crazy concept I know. But do we really need 800K to help people wash their genitals?

See Dante, We want people to have their own money and make their own choices. We want businesses to be around so people can be employed in an enterprise that actually generates wealth rather than a corrupt government bueaucracy.

We also want the government to stop spending money. Crazy concept I know. But do we really need 800K to help people wash their genitals?

A business enterprise can generate wealth and very few jobs, and it can generate wealth with jobs overseas. Neither option is good for the working and the unemployed in the USA.

Most American businesses suckle on the tit of government monies -- wake up.

The government spending money on infrastructure and services is what is making developing countries competitive. Countries that do not spend on infrastructure and services end up with the most corruption.

Businesses have lots of corruption and shit -- but no sane person wants to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Everything in life has a price -- including stupidity and shortsightedness.

:eusa_whistle:

Do people who collect unemployment benefits for 99 weeks ever intend to work?

I don't think so. They are taking vacations down in the Caribbean and living the life or Riley off the taxpayers, fucking lazy bums. Has anyone calculated how much we have paid each of these bums in the last 100 weeks of sitting on their asses??

Forum List

Back