The Unbearable Child

Do you really think russia is going to tell adoptive parents they are taking a defective kid? They want to off load the thing as fast as they can.

I come from the medical end. I have no disney glasses. Personally i feel there are many people who need to be put down for many different reasons. Children like this are a mental and financial drain on society. If parents cannot foot the ENTIRE bill, financial mental and psychical, for their defective childs ENTIRE life, then it should be put down at birth.

Aha, and where do we draw the line here. If a child is born with one leg do we put him down too? We start down a slippery slope here that brings us to images of Hitlers Nazi's and his selective breeding.

But we also have bypassed the natural selection process where the healthy survive and pass on their genes to keep the race alive and the weak and unhealthy die young. Modern medicine has accomplished this. Now we have to pay for these medical advances.

Do you really think russia is going to tell adoptive parents they are taking a defective kid? They want to off load the thing as fast as they can.

I come from the medical end. I have no disney glasses. Personally i feel there are many people who need to be put down for many different reasons. Children like this are a mental and financial drain on society. If parents cannot foot the ENTIRE bill, financial mental and psychical, for their defective childs ENTIRE life, then it should be put down at birth.

Aha, and where do we draw the line here. If a child is born with one leg do we put him down too? We start down a slippery slope here that brings us to images of Hitlers Nazi's and his selective breeding.

But we also have bypassed the natural selection process where the healthy survive and pass on their genes to keep the race alive and the weak and unhealthy die young. Modern medicine has accomplished this. Now we have to pay for these medical advances.

Don't misunderstand me. I don't care if parents want to keep a defective child. I do have objections when those parents feel that the government has to pay for the care, feeding and keeping of it for the rest of its life. If parents want to keep it, then they should be responsible for it for ever.

These kids have no birth defects (that we can tell). They are not any different from other babies until about the age of two, when their lack of empathy begins to show up in their inability to master developmental tasks like toilet training and rudimentary socialization skills.

These kids have no birth defects (that we can tell). They are not any different from other babies until about the age of two, when their lack of empathy begins to show up in their inability to master developmental tasks like toilet training and rudimentary socialization skills.

Do you put sick pets down? I do.

Don't misunderstand me. I don't care if parents want to keep a defective child. I do have objections when those parents feel that the government has to pay for the care, feeding and keeping of it for the rest of its life. If parents want to keep it, then they should be responsible for it for ever.

I'm always up for a rousing medical ethics debate but this is not exactly on-point. Whatever is wrong with these kids ain't strictly physical...it's emotional or mental or psychological. They are our future serial killers and yet we insist on pretending that if only mom would try harder, they could be loved into health.

It will never happen. These are the kids who rape, torture and kill other little kids. They have been among us forever, and although they may be more numerous nowadays, this ain't a new problem.

So you institutionalize amd medicate them until 18 and then turn them loose on the nation until they get killed or commit a crime and then get institutionalized in a prison. Or draw government rations for life. That is what a civilized country does. Being civilized has its duties and one of those is to provide for the weak and ruined citizens. Financially it is not right but morally...it must be done.

I'm always up for a rousing medical ethics debate but this is not exactly on-point. Whatever is wrong with these kids ain't strictly physical...it's emotional or mental or psychological. They are our future serial killers and yet we insist on pretending that if only mom would try harder, they could be loved into health.

It will never happen. These are the kids who rape, torture and kill other little kids. They have been among us forever, and although they may be more numerous nowadays, this ain't a new problem.

Families used to be extended until recenly with uncles and aunts "taking in" relatives left abandoned or from overburdoned circumstance. This happened all of the time with very little if any governmental interference. The transfer of love was far more natural extended from to relative to relative.

So you institutionalize amd medicate them until 18 and then turn them loose on the nation until they get killed or commit a crime and then get institutionalized in a prison. Or draw government rations for life. That is what a civilized country does. Being civilized has its duties and one of those is to provide for the weak and ruined citizens. Financially it is not right but morally...it must be done.

My point exactly, zzzz. Dr. Phil should have told this woman the truth: it is never going to get better and keeping this kid in her home endangers everyone in the family, the neighborhood and the community. I dun get what the pay off might could for pretending every FUBAR seven year old can be saved with "enough love".

What bullshit.

This reminds me of a series I saw, about a survivor of a Soviet orphanage...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wne6jHlr9QE"]Little Orphan Johan[/ame]

...if this woman and her entire extended family are murdered in about fifteen years, we'll know why!

Last edited:
First thing you do with any purchase is check out what you are getting.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IMhYxmgZDQ"]It looks like these folks did it better.[/ame]

I realize the new parents are doing their best, as are the people running the orphanages. because of this thread I have been watching videos made of the day the new parents collect their kids. I love and respect all of them, but if I were a kid going through this, it would terrify the snot out of me.

Well, as I have said I am more concerned about American babies languishing in foster care than I am about Russian kids we may or may not adopt in future. IMO, Russian kids are Russia's problem and we should be looking after our own better. I'd love to see our child custody laws revised so parents no longer have a "property interest" in their babies and decisions about severing their rights are made solely on the basis of the best interests of the child.

Only a psuedo-human can see a baby as a fashion accessory.

I am serious though. I cant imagine how unwanted kids in the us system feel about people going to other countries to adopt.

I was being sarcastic, syrenn. When Madonna wanted that baby in Africa and could not have him, it was one of the most revolting displays of consumerism towards children I have ever seen.

Forum List

Back