The UN Is Walking A Dangerous Rope

Originally posted by jimnyc
I was speaking about you foaming at the mouth liberals being the laughing stock. Even a homeless trailer owner would likely garner more respect. Tsk, tsk, sucks to be you!

I assure you, I am not at all worried about trailer trash laughing at me or not respecting me. I hear those double wides aren't too bad though, are they comfortable?

-Bam

Originally posted by bamthin
I assure you, I am not at all worried about trailer trash laughing at me or not respecting me. I hear those double wides aren't too bad though, are they comfortable?

-Bam

Ok, we both said our share now. Continue posting on topic now.

Originally posted by bamthin
It's the opposite of a terbacky spittin', gun totin', pickup drivin', GED earning, cross burnin', guy with a bumper sticker on the back of his primered F150 that says:

"When there's no more trees for paper towels, I'll wipe my ass with a spotted owl"

Also happens to be a huge chunk of Bush voter demography.

-Bam

Sorry Jim, gotta jump in on this.

Bam, you have no clue do you? I grew up in a trailer park in Oklahoma with Dem parents. You see, they actually vote Dem in trailer parks as for they want an increase in welfare. I also lived in Washington state where they would block logging of 40,000 square acres because a spotted owl was seen in the area. Many, many families lost everything they had. But yet, you continue to wipe your sniveling nose with tissues and not your sleeves "lik w'all doo".

Being the centrist republican that I am, I resent the implications that you put on a poor class of people. A trailer is a modest means to own your own home. A treehugger refers to the political beliefs, but your diatribe of racist classism (is that a word?) leaves little doubt on your own worth. It is so apparent that the dems are secretly trying to bring back the class system, and not encourage a man to better himself through hard work. Jeez, if I'm trailer trash, I guess I'll always be trailer trash. If I'm a black living in the ghetto, then I guess I'll always be. Why? Because Bam decided to pigeonhole me in this class. And, thanks to the Dems, I can stay that way because that is right where they want me. "Don't worry son, the repubs don't want you to succeed so here's some more money and by the way, remember where that came from on election day."

Now, back to the subject. Sorry for the rant!

I believe that the U.N. has lost a lot of credibility with the world, especially crazy blood thirsty regimes like Saddam. They have no spine, one just has to watch the soft-spoken Kofi Annan. These regimes know only one thing, strength, not talking. The U.N. fails miserably. When N Korea demanded talks with the U.S., why didn't the U.N. step up and say to N. Korea that they wouldn't allow it? That NK would have to deal with them?

Originally posted by gertha

Being the centrist republican that I am, I resent the implications that you put on a poor class of people.

:clap1:

Tell me what social programs you would support as a centrist republican that will help the poor class of people get a better life. Is it private school vouchers or the capital gains tax cuts? What sweeping programs would you support that will help the financially disadvantaged rise up to at least middle class. IS it the blind trust you put in unregulated corporations that will bring prosperity to the underprivileged? The wealth will "trickle down"?

Bottom line is that people don't like to be called sterotypical things based on their political beleifs. So, tossing around "treehugger" or "bleeding heart" or "gun toter" or "cross burner" doesn't really help things much does it. That was the intent of my post. I am glad you see the difference and I am sure you will refrain from using petty stereotypes when refering to Democrats in the future.

-Bam

Gertha, :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well said. I wonder if the democrats recognize how elitist they are. They love when the poor show up to vote for them, but let the same people start questioning the condescension and watch out!

Being held accountable for oneself goes against the mainstream DNC message, though 95% of their party elite are from wealthy families with Ivy League or at least Big 10 school backgrounds. Many of them prep school grads, but always looking out for the 'little guy.' Yeah, right.

At least the RNC with the same type of elitist leadership argues for a level playing field and programs that help with rewarding responsible behavior, even in foreign affairs now, with the new way of distributing aid. Lord knows, I would like to see less taxes and less government programs, but it's a process that will take years, since there already is a dependant class.

Originally posted by Kathianne
Gertha, :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well said. I wonder if the democrats recognize how elitist they are. They love when the poor show up to vote for them, but let the same people start questioning the condescension and watch out!

Being held accountable for oneself goes against the mainstream DNC message, though 95% of their party elite are from wealthy families with Ivy League or at least Big 10 school backgrounds. Many of them prep school grads, but always looking out for the 'little guy.' Yeah, right.

I have a problem with your assertion that 95% of the Democratic elite are from Ivy League or Big 10 schools. Not sure exactly why Big 10 schools are a criteria but I'll bite on that one.

I went to the US Senate home page and found ou the following:

Senator Akaka (D- HI) University of Hawaii
Senator Biden (D - DE) University of Delaware
Senator Boxer (D - CA) College of Brooklyn
Senator Breaux (D - LA) Univ. of Southwest Louisiana
Senator Byrd (D - WV) American University (night school)

These guys are pretty hard "elite" Democrat hitters and I haven't made it out of the "B"s.

Please make your case that 95% of Democratic officials are from the "upper crust" of society. Where exactly did you get this info about the 95%?

-Bam

and that is what %? Besides, check out DNC, not just elected officials. As I said, the RNC isn't a whole lot different.

and that is what %? Besides, check out DNC, not just elected officials. As I said, the RNC isn't a whole lot different.

OK, as I said, I only checked through the "B"s, but I will give you more.

Maria Cantwell (D - WA) Miami(Ohio) (worked her way through school)
Kent Conrad (D - ND) Stanford
Tom Daschle (D - SD) South Dakota State University
Chris Dodd ( D - CN) Providence
Byron Dorgan (D - ND) University of North Dakota
Dick Durbin (D - IL) Georgetown
John Edwards (D - NC) NC State
Tom Harkin (D - IA) Iowa State
Fritz Hollings (D - SC) Citadel
Daniel Inouye (D- HI) University of Hawaii

Ok, stopped at the "I"s this time. I should add that several bio pages don't list the schools the Senators attended, so I just skipped them. Very few had Ivy League alma maters and the ones that did, were usually post graduate. I have taken a relatively large sample of Senators and the % of Ivy League/Big Ten alumni is extremely slim. In fact, the few Big Ten Senators were residents and Senators from the states the schools were in in almost all the cases (which were very few).

I don't really know who the DNC elite are. Is the Chairman one?

Terry McAuliffe, Chairman DNC Catholic University

You are the one who stated that 95% of the elite members of the Democratic party went to Ivy League/Big ten schools. You wouldn't prove your assertion, so I disproved it for you. You really shouldn't use percentage figures when making your point, especially when you are pulling them out of the air.

-Bam

Georgetown
Stanford
Citadel
Catholic University are all Ivy League or Ivy Like.

Didn't say that all 'elites' are necessarily brainiacs or they may have matured for post-grad work, as you said.

The point is, it's still a significant %, if 95 is a bit high, though I doubt that. You have gone through the I's for Congress, and have about a dozen that went to 'other'. Again, you are sticking with Congress, not DNC leadership. Most of whom are 'lifers'.

Georgetown
Stanford
Citadel
Catholic University are all Ivy League or Ivy Like.

Didn't say that all 'elites' are necessarily brainiacs or they may have matured for post-grad work, as you said.

The point is, it's still a significant %, if 95 is a bit high, though I doubt that. You have gone through the I's for Congress, and have about a dozen that went to 'other'. Again, you are sticking with Congress, not DNC leadership. Most of whom are 'lifers'.

OK, then you make your case. I am done with doing your work for you. You made an assertion, prove it. The burden isn't really on me, but I have been nice.

I disagree with your assertion that 95% of the Democratic elite went to Ivy League or Big Ten schools. Until you prove it, I think I have presented enough evidence that it is untrue. You certainly should have some references or research to cite the 95% figure you specified. Just point me to where you get this 95% figure or show me the body of work that you have done to support it.

Put more simply, you have used a very concrete number, 95, to make a point in your agument. Back it up or lose credibility. The choice is yours. If you just made up the "95%", then admit it and we can move on.

PS: I added Terry McAuliffe, who is the DNC chairman.

-Bam

Would someone mind taking the time to explain "Ivy League" to this Aussie fella. I have heard the term many times but have know idea what it means??

Originally posted by Graeme Kessey
Would someone mind taking the time to explain "Ivy League" to this Aussie fella. I have heard the term many times but have know idea what it means??

If you want to be technical, here is the definition of 'Ivy league':

a group of eight universities (Brown, Columbia, Cornell, Dartmouth College, Harvard, Princeton, the University of Pennsylvania, and Yale) that have similar academic and social prestige in the U.S. to Oxford and Cambridge in Britain.

Thanks Jim,
Would I be right in assuming it costs heaps of $$ to go to these Colleges? Could u for example get in if u were smart enough but lacked $$?

Forum List

Back