The Ultimate revolution by Aldous Huxley

Bones

VIP Member
Dec 27, 2010
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9RiRfMYVlQ[/ame]

If this isn't what's happening to Americans and others across the world as we speak, I don't know what is.

How many people do you know who love their servitude?

I don't plat Pavlovian Response much anymore. I just ignore it. An effective defense. A scene in the "Fountain Head", with Gary Cooper comes to mind when he meets his nemesis randomly on a construction Site. Something like.... Question: "What do you think of me?" Answer: "But I don't think about you at all". I loved that scene. ;) I would much rather think of Silver People on the shoreline. For Each of us, Our Conscience is our own, out of reach.

When he mentioned the "pharmacological method" of control, that was chilling to the bone. Soma equals anti-depressants. The United States, and other societies as well, seems to be, almost, completely sedated, suggestible societies.

"And it is of course true that pharmacologists are producing a great many new wonder drugs where
the cure is almost worse than the disease. Every year the new edition of medical textbooks contains a longer and longer chapter of what are Iatrogenic diseases, that is to say diseases caused by doctors (laughter} And this is quite true, many of the wonder drugs are extremely dangerous. I mean they can produce extraordinary effects, and in critical conditions they should certainly be used, but they should be used with the utmost caution. But there is evidently a whole class of drugs effecting the CNS which can produce enormous changes in sedation in euphoria in energizing the whole mental process without doing any perceptible harm to the human body, and this presents to me the most extraordinary revolution. In the hands of a dictator these substances in one kind or the other could be used with, first of all, complete harmlessness, and the result would be, you can imagine a euphoric that would make people thoroughly happy even in the most abominable circumstances."

Agreed. I stay with the basics. Some dangerous shit out there, each compounding dependency and complications. When someone tells me how they are stuck on some drug for the rest of their life, and also the cost, it is beyond be. Downward spiral. Search out some healthy people and ask how they got there. Government Dependency is not often a part of them. Conscience will always fight Mind controlling drugs, "The Emperor's New Clothes" every Dictators Nightmare.

Forum List

Back