The Ultimate Obama- 'You can keep your...."...compilation

Fox played a similar video on "The Five" yesterday.
Not even Richard Nixon so blatantly misrepresented a policy and purposefully mislead the public.
Spinning and misleading rhetoric is a basic move by politicians since the dawn of time. But this is more than that. "keep your existing plan" was a key part of how it passed through the houses, and likely without it - Obamacare would have had the fate of Hillarycare.
Having said all of this - frankly I do not believe Obama knew he was lying. I believe he 100% thought it was true because he simply repeated what he was told to say by Democrat leaders. Does it excuse him for it? Obviously not - in fact it makes it worse.

Not even Richard Nixon so blatantly misrepresented a policy and purposefully mislead the public.
Spinning and misleading rhetoric is a basic move by politicians since the dawn of time. But this is more than that. "keep your existing plan" was a key part of how it passed through the houses, and likely without it - Obamacare would have had the fate of Hillarycare.
Having said all of this - frankly I do not believe Obama knew he was lying. I believe he 100% thought it was true because he simply repeated what he was told to say by Democrat leaders. Does it excuse him for it? Obviously not - in fact it makes it worse.

Technically, I suppose, it wasn't a lie. Those people DID choose to keep their coverage. It was their insurance companies that did the choosing - to drop them.

Technically, I suppose, it wasn't a lie. Those people DID choose to keep their coverage. It was their insurance companies that did the choosing - to drop them.

Nah...it is a lie.
It is like saying cigarettes do not cause cancer...it is the effect of burning the product that does. Purposeful deception is a lie.

especially when you're writing rules that you know, and are intended to submarine those plans.

Hey I didn't kill the guy, the gun did....

especially when you're writing rules that you know, and are intended to submarine those plans.

Hey I didn't kill the guy, the gun did....

That would be obama saying: its not my fault it doesn't work, its the republicans!

Forum List

Back