The ultimate flip flop: Tonight Obama declares himself a dictator in his own words

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
In a dependant and enslaved country.
How long before this gets put in Rubber Room, even though it's the main topic of conversation right now? Let's hope Taze Me Bro isn't logged on.

The ultimate flip flop Tonight Obama declares himself a dictator in his own words 8211 Glenn Beck

“The president, if he does what they’re saying he’s going to do and through executive order just changes our immigration laws, he’s officially become a dictator, has he not?,” Glenn said on radio this morning.

If Obama does announce he will move forward on immigration reform via executive order, he will be flip flopping on many of his earlier promises.

On the show, Glenn played a montage of several sound bites where Obama promised not to govern by executive order:

The notion that I can just suspend deportations through executive order. That’s just not the case. Because there are laws on the books that Congress has passed. There are enough laws on the books by Congress that are very clear in terms of how we have to enforce our immigration system. That for me to simply through executive order ignore those congressional mandates would not conform with my appropriate role as president. – March, 2011

I can’t solve this problem by myself. We’ll have to have bipartisan support to make it happen. – April, 2011

We’re also a nation of laws. That’s part of our tradition. And so the easy way out is to try to yell and pretend I can do something by violating our laws. – November, 2013

I can’t simply ignore laws that are out there. I have to work to make sure they’re changed. – October, 2010

I know some wish I could just bypass Congress and change the law myself.
[Cheering]
But that’s not how a democracy works. See, a democracy is hard. But it’s right. Changing our laws means doing the hard work of changing minds and changing votes one by one. – April, 2011

Sometimes when I talk to immigration advocates, you know, they wish I could just bypass Congress and change the law myself. But that’s not how a democracy works. – May, 2011

Now, I swore an oath to uphold the laws on the books. Now, I know some people want me to bypass Congress and change the law on my own. Believe me, the idea of doing things on my own is very tempting.
[applauding]
I promise you. Not just on immigration reform.
[laughter]
But that’s not how our system works. – July, 2011

“I don’t know what he will do tonight, but based on what he said and what is being said is coming tonight, this is an impeachable offense. Impeachable, in his own words,” Glenn said.

The ultimate flip flop Tonight Obama declares himself a dictator in his own words 8211 Glenn Beck

How long before this gets put in Rubber Room, even though it's the main topic of conversation right now? Let's hope Taze Me Bro isn't logged on.

“The president, if he does what they’re saying he’s going to do and through executive order just changes our immigration laws, he’s officially become a dictator, has he not?,” Glenn said on radio this morning.

If Obama does announce he will move forward on immigration reform via executive order, he will be flip flopping on many of his earlier promises.

On the show, Glenn played a montage of several sound bites where Obama promised not to govern by executive order:

The notion that I can just suspend deportations through executive order. That’s just not the case. Because there are laws on the books that Congress has passed. There are enough laws on the books by Congress that are very clear in terms of how we have to enforce our immigration system. That for me to simply through executive order ignore those congressional mandates would not conform with my appropriate role as president. – March, 2011

I can’t solve this problem by myself. We’ll have to have bipartisan support to make it happen. – April, 2011

We’re also a nation of laws. That’s part of our tradition. And so the easy way out is to try to yell and pretend I can do something by violating our laws. – November, 2013

I can’t simply ignore laws that are out there. I have to work to make sure they’re changed. – October, 2010

[Cheering]
But that’s not how a democracy works. See, a democracy is hard. But it’s right. Changing our laws means doing the hard work of changing minds and changing votes one by one. – April, 2011

Sometimes when I talk to immigration advocates, you know, they wish I could just bypass Congress and change the law myself. But that’s not how a democracy works. – May, 2011

Now, I swore an oath to uphold the laws on the books. Now, I know some people want me to bypass Congress and change the law on my own. Believe me, the idea of doing things on my own is very tempting.
[applauding]
[laughter]

“I don’t know what he will do tonight, but based on what he said and what is being said is coming tonight, this is an impeachable offense. Impeachable, in his own words,” Glenn said.

Two questions: When will you people ever get tired of posting nonsense? Why do you pay any attention to Mr. Psychobabble Beck?

Obama comparing his actions to the release of the slaves is emperor like indeed, not to mention, a lie. Then the Reagan comparison is another joke. RR immigration was passed by congress. RR expanded it a year later to cover another 100K. I disagreed then, and I disagree now even more.

Obama is a traitor

-Geaux

Obama’s Immigration Decision Has Precedents, but May Set a New One

President Obama’s action to shield millions of undocumented immigrantsfrom deportation and grant them work permits opens a new front in the decades-long debate over the scope of presidential authority.

Although Mr. Obama is not breaking new ground by using executive powers to carve out a quasi-legal status for certain categories of unauthorized immigrants — the Republican Presidents Dwight D. Eisenhower, Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush all did so — his decision will affect as many as five million immigrants, far more than the actions of those presidents.

Mr. Obama’s action is also a far more extensive reshaping of the nation’s immigration system.

“The magnitude and the formality of it is arguably unprecedented,” said Peter J. Spiro, a Temple University law professor. “It’s fair to say that we have never seen anything quite like this before in terms of the scale.”

The breadth of Mr. Obama’s decision is already raising serious legal and constitutional questions, fueling Republican charges of imperial overreachand worries among some Democrats of future fallout.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/21/u...as-precedents-but-may-set-a-new-one.html?_r=0

I don't know how Obama gets away with it.
How many speeches did he give where he flat out said he can't do
what he said he was going to do last night.

I hope some reporter does their job and asks Obama about that.

I see the usual progtard TRASH has shown up to DEFEND this steaming pile of dictatorial DOG SHIT in the white house... what a load of anti American human GARBAGE...

[Cheering]

[applauding]
[laughter]

Two questions: When will you people ever get tired of posting nonsense? Why do you pay any attention to Mr. Psychobabble Beck?
2nd must live with Beck, this is his 4th thread on this subject alone..

Obama comparing his actions to the release of the slaves is emperor like indeed, not to mention, a lie. Then the Reagan comparison is another joke. RR immigration was passed by congress. RR expanded it a year later to cover another 100K. I disagreed then, and I disagree now even more.

Obama is a traitor

-Geaux

Obama’s Immigration Decision Has Precedents, but May Set a New One

President Obama’s action to shield millions of undocumented immigrantsfrom deportation and grant them work permits opens a new front in the decades-long debate over the scope of presidential authority.

Although Mr. Obama is not breaking new ground by using executive powers to carve out a quasi-legal status for certain categories of unauthorized immigrants — the Republican Presidents Dwight D. Eisenhower, Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush all did so — his decision will affect as many as five million immigrants, far more than the actions of those presidents.

Mr. Obama’s action is also a far more extensive reshaping of the nation’s immigration system.

“The magnitude and the formality of it is arguably unprecedented,” said Peter J. Spiro, a Temple University law professor. “It’s fair to say that we have never seen anything quite like this before in terms of the scale.”

The breadth of Mr. Obama’s decision is already raising serious legal and constitutional questions, fueling Republican charges of imperial overreachand worries among some Democrats of future fallout.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/21/u...as-precedents-but-may-set-a-new-one.html?_r=0
I guess he forgot Reagan's amnesty...

My daughter asked me to help on school project right smack dab in the middle of Obama's speech, so I missed the middle part -- from what I can tell, the only thing he's doing is telling people he won't deport them for now. Did he give them work permits?

And I saw where he challenged the Congress to send him a bill that would simply override this act. Is that so bad?

My daughter asked me to help on school project right smack dab in the middle of Obama's speech, so I missed the middle part -- from what I can tell, the only thing he's doing is telling people he won't deport them for now. Did he give them work permits?

And I saw where he challenged the Congress to send him a bill that would simply override this act. Is that so bad?

How can you look and listen to that disgusting bastard without having to VOMIT?

Sounds like we need a hybrid civil war... Spanish/American War part II

-Geaux

It sounds like you need a padded cell.

No, just more guns and ammo evidently

-Geaux

That's right dude. When someone recognizes that you are fucking crazy, double down so that there is no doubt.

But you are all mouth. I have been seeing you post stupid shit like the above for months. Yet all you do is sit on your ass making stupid crazy posts.

Is that how you think you will overthrow the government? Sitting on you ass at a computer. LMAO. What a joke you are.

Forum List

Back