The UK is proving the failure of the rights ideas

Discussion in 'Economy' started by Truthmatters, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/15/b...pound15.html?_r=2&nl=todaysheadlines&emc=tha2

In 1937 the right gained ground and were able to force FDR to cut the budget Before the depression was over and it proved such a failure the economy began to lose ground. By 1938 everyone agreed to go back to stimulus plan.

This history is being repeted in the UK as we speak.

Why any group of people insists on retaining historically proven failed ideas is beyond me.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    one year into its own controversial austerity program to plug a gaping fiscal hole, the future is now. And for the moment, the early returns are less than promising.

Retail sales plunged 3.5 percent in March, the sharpest monthly downturn in Britain in 15 years. And a new report by the Center for Economic and Business Research, an independent research group based here, forecasts that real household income will fall by 2 percent this year. That would make Britain’s income squeeze the worst for two consecutive years since the 1930s.

3. Anachronism

Anachronism BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +231
    Maybe, just maybe, people in Britian and the US are going to have to learn to do a little more with a little less. Maybe we don't all need 2-3 cars per family. Maybe we don't need that 62" plasma TV in our bedroom and the 86" one in the family room.

I grew up in a single-income, lower middle class family. My dad worked a lot of OT to ensure that his family (him, his wife, and the three of us kids) had the things we NEEDED in life and a few of the ammenities of life. We never had cable tv until I was 14 years old. We didn't have a computer until I was in high school. We never had a video game system, dirt bikes, tv's in our own rooms, or any of that other stuff. You know what, I'm kind of happy we didn't; especially when I compare it to what today's kids have and think they need. We lived in a 3 bedroom, single story ranch home until I was almost 14. We built the new house that my mother is now putting on the market ourselves, completing it in April of 1988 for roughly half of what my mother is likely to get for it in today's market (including the nearly 4 acres of property). We were frugal. We got by. We didn't need all this crap that today's families seem to "need" to be happy.

Who knows, maybe we'll even find that our society improves a bit when we're not all worried about keeping up with the Jones', but rather about putting food on our own tables and keeping a roof over our heads.

4. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Why do you want to pretend a shrinking economy is a good thing for any country?

Read the article, this is about Fixing the mess the rights failed ideas caused with more of their failed ideas.

Britan is tanking because of the rights ideas, they keep pretending their ideas are good for the economy and their ideas keep causing messes.

When will you learn to get knew ideas that work instead of ideas that keep fucking things up?

5. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,931
    No one in Europe is rightwing. Those that claim to be right are just less left then those that claim to be leftwng.

As for stimulus it is a proven fact that FDR PROLONGED the Depression. WW2 pulled us out not anything FDR did.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Leweman

Leweman Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +737
    The have a 50 percent income tax on the wealthy. That means they will be fine right?

7. Anachronism

Anachronism BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +231
    Tm, personally, I want to press the "Cosmic Reset Button" on the whole country, go back to ground zero and start over from scratch... new government, new social and societal model; rebuild the whole country from the ground up.

8. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,931
    After the Governments collapse if you can organize enough people you may get your wish locally.

9. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    NO it is NOT a proven fact that FDR prolonged the depression.

That is a right wing meme.

Historians AND economists to not agree with that right wing meme.

This is what the right wing leaders do.

They create myths out of next to nothing and then people like you swallow them like pablum.

That all comes from ONE paper written by two right wing proffs in Cali.

Economists did not buy that silly meme.

10. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    Wow you're like, suddenly spelling and punctuating perfectly... And have learned some NEW words!

Too bad you're still lying your ass off.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2