The Ugly Truth of Obamacare

The regulations in place now, which vary from state to state, are part of the reason health insurance is so high. Regulation does mean government control. Some is necessary, too little or too much creates problems.

The Effect of State Regulations on Health Insurance Premiums: A Preliminary Analysis

The industry doesn't want this kind of regulation and fund groups like your "source", because then they can create safe havens with states that will sell out their people / resources to the cheapest bidder. It's a dangerous game that on the surface can reduce prices in the short term, but it's bad for the consumer protections in the long run, and the prices always go back up.

You should do some research on what the heritage foundation has put out in the past. They are complete shills for corporate interest. Some of my favorite include topics like... the why outsourcing is good, the myth of green jobs (where they paid exxon mobile execs to sit on a panel), etc..

You are very naive if you don't understand how this all works.

"Pay off the Repubs (and some Dems)" -- :lol: Yes, ALL Repub are corrupt but only SOME Dems are. Are you Sealy under a new user name? When are you leftists going to realize they're ALL corrupt? Never is my guess.

They all aren't corrupt. That's a very cynical view. And yes, if you just follow the money, you'll see that the Repubs receive special interest money at a rate of over 2:1. Now this number is shifting again, and more Dems are being paid off, however if you open your eyes you will see that there are Dems fighting for your rights (with really nothing to gain and a lot of money to lose), and ZERO Repubs fighting for your rights. ZERO.

And the industry of course targeted key dems like Max Baucus and contributed millions to them over the last several years, because they needed them in their pockets, and they are selling us under. Who is profiting here, just think about it? What do dems who are for reform gain? I'll tell you that they are going to lose.... A LOT of special interest money... millions.

"Government doesn't spread disinformation about policy it wants". Are you from this planet? Government doesn't lie? lol, yeah they just write bills that are 1,000+ pages long in language that needs to be translated through a lawyer and then, meh maybe they'll read the damn thing before they pass it. Or not.

Yeah, didn't think you'd grasp that one. What I'm saying is... follow along... corporations dictate policy, not government. Government will be an aide to the lies, but they are not the source.

Forum List

Back