The U.S. Tax Code

P@triot

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2011
United States
It's so tragic that the parasite class (liberals, progressives, Democrats, etc.) feel that they have a right to take what other people have earned. You have to be sick, callous, and really greedy to find current tax rates acceptable. You have to be even worse to find the "death tax" acceptable. Taxing the assets of dead people is a special kind of libtard sick. Every asset that person has was already tax before. What right do liberals have to double-tax it? What right to liberals have to do something like this to a person...

"When the man passed away, his business was passed along to his only child who wanted to continue in his father’s footsteps. After the funeral, while still in grief, the IRS came to collect 55% of the value of the business from the son. He nearly declared bankruptcy."

Rep. Williams: My plan to help victims of our nation’s disastrous tax policies | Fox News

Absolutely disgusting. No excuse for this kind of consumption by government. None. Disgraceful...

"By this Saturday, April 24—114 days into the year—Americans will have finally earned the estimated $5 trillion to pay their federal, state, and local government’s tabs for 2016. That means Monday represents the first day of the year when Americans will be earning income for themselves rather than the government".

Tax Day Doesn't Have to Be So Frustrating

Equally as appalling. And completely unnecessary. Prime example of what unconstitutional government gives us - waste, fraud, and abuse.

"According to the Internal Revenue Service, Americans collectively spend roughly 6.6 billion hours a year filling out tax forms for Uncle Sam."

Tax Day Doesn't Have to Be So Frustrating

Representative Roger Williams coupled with Ted Cruz if he gets elected president would be a powerful force for tax reform! Lets pray Ted Cruz gets elected president so we can prevent collapse. Tax reform would be the best place to start.

"It's time Congress cut the Federal budget and left the family budget alone" - Ronald Reagan (03/19/1987)

The appalling "death tax" rears its ugly head once again. Every single dollar and asset Prince owned had already been taxed by local, state, and federal government at the time that he earned it. So why do they get to tax all of it a second time simply because he died? Why can't his family inherit 100% of it instead of the government inheriting the majority?

Both the federal government and Minnesota’s state government will assess so-called “death taxes” or estate taxes on Prince’s assets, taking away more than half his estate. Between his physical assets—cash, investments, home, etc.—and his future royalties, Prince’s estate has been estimated to be between $300 and $500 million.

If Prince were married, he could have passed on the entirety of his estate to his spouse tax free. However, without a spouse, only $1.6 million of Prince’s estate will be free from Minnesota’s death tax and only $5.45 million will escape the federal death tax.

The combination of Minnesota’s top death tax rate of 16%, plus the federal government’s 40% rate, means that over 50% of Prince’s estate will go to the government.

Why Over Half of Prince's Estate Will Go to the Government

Prince’s estate has been estimated to be between $300 and $500 million.

And I am supposed to be concerned about this? LMAO
You're a fucking idiot.
Next you'll be claiming this effects YOU.
Typical selfish, envious liberal asshole. Whaaa....I'm a loser and so I hate Prince, or Bill Gates, or anyone who was successful. Boo-hoo-hoo....I want to sit here throwing myself a pitty-party and asking government to give me stuff. Sniffle, sniffle.

Are you supposed to be "concerned" about this? Well....if you were a rational person who actually loved the U.S. - yes. But since you are neither, we can't expect that. The only thing you are "concerned" about is yourself. Sel-centered lazy asshole.

It's so tragic that the parasite class (liberals, progressives, Democrats, etc.) feel that they have a right to take what other people have earned. You have to be sick, callous, and really greedy to find current tax rates acceptable. You have to be even worse to find the "death tax" acceptable. Taxing the assets of dead people is a special kind of libtard sick. Every asset that person has was already tax before. What right do liberals have to double-tax it? What right to liberals have to do something like this to a person...

"When the man passed away, his business was passed along to his only child who wanted to continue in his father’s footsteps. After the funeral, while still in grief, the IRS came to collect 55% of the value of the business from the son. He nearly declared bankruptcy."

Rep. Williams: My plan to help victims of our nation’s disastrous tax policies | Fox News

That is why you have life insurance.

I don't get the "logic" here. I have a million dollars in assets - 100% of which was already taxed by the government. Your position is its ok for the government to tax it a second time because I have the option for purchase life insurance? :lmao:

You have no idea what health insurer is for. You're going to Google it real quick and pretend like you do - but that insane post proves you don't.

(Hint - it's for people who aren't independent wealthy to replace lost income so that they don't have to not only lose a loved one but also lose the lifestyle they had built and become accustomed to).

But either way, what does that have to do with the government taxing me a second time? If the government takes $600,000 of my million dollar estate, and I pay for an unnecessary policy I shouldn't even need for $600,000, I didn't make that income up. My beneificiaries should then have $1.6 million. Instead, they will still have $600,000 less no matter how you slice it.

I don't get the "logic" here. I have a million dollars in assets - 100% of which was already taxed by the government. Your position is its ok for the government to tax it a second time because I have the option for purchase life insurance? :lmao:

You have no idea what health insurer is for. You're going to Google it real quick and pretend like you do - but that insane post proves you don't.

(Hint - it's for people who aren't independent wealthy to replace lost income so that they don't have to not only lose a loved one but also lose the lifestyle they had built and become accustomed to).

But either way, what does that have to do with the government taxing me a second time? If the government takes $600,000 of my million dollar estate, and I pay for an unnecessary policy I shouldn't even need for $600,000, I didn't make that income up. My beneificiaries should then have $1.6 million. Instead, they will still have $600,000 less no matter how you slice it.

I didn't say it was right or wrong. I was once a life insurance agent and that is a great selling point for people to buy life insurance to pay the IRS death tax.

I didn't say it was right or wrong. I was once a life insurance agent and that is a great selling point for people to buy life insurance to pay the IRS death tax.
Ok. Fair enough. But it's ridiculous that our federal government would cause people to purchase something unnecessary just to attempt to make up what the government is going to steal for a second time.

We have a "double jeopardy" law to prevent people from being prosecuted over and over for the same crime. I think we need a "double jeopardy" law for taxes as well - to prevent people from being taxed over and over on the same income and assets.

Ok. Fair enough. But it's ridiculous that our federal government would cause people to purchase something unnecessary just to attempt to make up what the government is going to steal for a second time.

We have a "double jeopardy" law to prevent people from being prosecuted over and over for the same crime. I think we need a "double jeopardy" law for taxes as well - to prevent people from being taxed over and over on the same income and assets.

You mean like health insurance?

The "death tax " only kicks in after you hit 10 million . 10 million!!! And you know what , price don't care cause he's dead.

I'm spending my children's inheritance before I die. Nobody ever left me an inheritance so I feel that I do not owe an inheritance.

You mean like health insurance?
Uh.....what? I'm not following you hear? Can you clarify?

The "death tax " only kicks in after you hit 10 million . 10 million!!! And you know what , price don't care cause he's dead.
You know what? If Prince does give the slightest damn about his family, he absolutely does care. What is your "logic" here - that it's ok to tax someone a second time on all of their income and assets of they are wealthy? Does that mean we can charge OJ Simpson a second time for murder because he was very wealthy?

By the way - as usual a liberal posts nothing but pure ignorant misinformation. Here are the facts directly from the IRS's website. In 2016, the death tax applies to less than $5.5 million. Or almost half of what you are claiming.

Estate Tax

Forum List

Back