The U.S. Should Have Universal Health Care.

capitalist health care would lower prices 80% and extend our lives 10-20 years.

Ed, this will be fun, tell us what Capitalist Healthcare would look like. I'd love to hear how you would fix the current system. Specifics please.

people would shop with their own money and providers would compete on basis of price and quality. Republicans call this capitalism. Do you understand?

Brilliant, so no insurance? I agree that's the only way to open up the market. And it releases us employers from the burden of providing health coverage.
So, I'm in a car wreck and I shop around for a trauma surgeon? Got it, makes sense.
I get cancer and no single option is affordable, I just go away and die quietly?
The two providers in my very small state collude on price the same time my kid gets sick. He dies while I wait five years for the market to address the price imbalance?
My wife gets sick but the one hospital in our county was just bought by a hedge fund and they just tripled the rates. We have to decide between preventative care and sending our kids to college?

Ed, you delivered pure gold as always.

So, I'm in a car wreck and I shop around for a trauma surgeon?

why not let your GP or insurance co., do it based on a life time of experience long after the market has separated out the good from the bad surgeons in terms of price and quality?

Care to try again??

Oh, so insurance? Just like we have now where the costs go up 10% annually, poor people cant afford it and go the the ER instead at probably 20X cost and I'm subsidizing them with my healthy living choices and high premiums.

Net result is the world's most expensive health care and ranked around 25th globally in terms of outcomes.

Brilliant plan Ed, quite radical.

Oh, so insurance? Just like we have now.

actually liberals made insurance competition illegal with McCarren Fergusion in 1946. What planet have you been on since 1946?? Ready for your lesson to continue?

Oh, and you do understand that competition is key to making capitalism very very efficient-right???

Oh Ed, you are so confused. Remember, Republican dogma is to return power to the states. McCarren Ferguson was a bipartisan bill which allows states to regulate insurance.

Oh, but, let's get back to the subject at hand - you know, offering specifics of how you would fix medicine. So far you have given us brainless soundbites (normal), said you were against insurance, then for insurance, then wrongly quoted some old law as a red-herring. You're really not very good at this are you?

Remember, Republican dogma is to return power to the states.
wrong illiterate moron!! Republican dogma is capitalism and free trade, not each state county and city creating its own product specifications for cars, toothpaste, and health care!! That would reduced economies of scale raise price and lower quality. Do you understand now??

Oh, but, let's get back to the subject at hand - you know, offering specifics of how you would fix medicine. So far you have given us brainless soundbites (normal), said you were against insurance, then for insurance, then wrongly quoted some old law as a red-herring. You're really not very good at this are you?

Hello Ed? Earth to Ed, anything worthwhile to add here?

McCarren Ferguson was a bipartisan bill which allows states to regulate insurance.

it in effect ended national competition in health care and caused prices here to be about 5 times what they should be. Nowadays Republicans are leading the charge to bring back capitalism to health care while Democrats supports Obamalibcommiecare!!.

offering specifics of how you would fix medicine.
for 10th time: make it Republican capitalist i.e, patients spending their own money and providers competing on basis of price and quality.

Too complex for you? Imagine shopping for a car in a market with someone else's. money with manufactures not competing on basis of price and quality. Simple?? Now you can understand why East Germany had a standard of living only 20% of ours.

It will never happen. Too much money involved.
Well we did have it for a while. It was called ACA.

Ryan and McConnell are trying to get rid of it.

But I am guessing that Trump will veto their bills and ACA will remain with us.

Forum List

Back