The U.S.S. Obama?

Gatekeeper

Nov 11, 2009
New Jersey
14mumqg.jpg

The Scoop Deck ? Trading FOD for sod

Love this picture, a floating golf course? :clap2: Well, I thought it was amusing.:tongue:
Wonder who mows it?

14mumqg.jpg

Love this picture, a floating golf course? :clap2: Well, I thought it was amusing.:tongue:
Wonder who mows it?

I thought the USS Obama was going to be that duckboat that sank in Philly...

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2K99l7Zah_Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2K99l7Zah_Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

14mumqg.jpg

Wonder who mows it?

I thought the USS Obama was going to be that duckboat that sank in Philly...

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2K99l7Zah_Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2K99l7Zah_Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Yeah the barge that ran into the disabled duckboat last week. Both however would fit the picture. :lol:

The Duckboat accident was simply awful. My heart goes out to those who experienced it and the two young people who were killed. It didn't just 'sink', it was crushed by a huge barge.

54845784.jpg

Philadelphia – An amphibious duck boat loaded with 35 passengers and two crew members was struck by a barge Wednesday on the Delaware River outside of Philadelphia. Two passengers were killed as a result of the collision. The amphibious vehicle has been stopped because of possible engine trouble for five minutes before being struck. Just moments prior to the collision, crew members instructed passengers to put on their life vests. The body of 16 year old Dora Schwendtner was found by fishermen two miles downriver just before dawn the following day. The body of the second victim, 20 year old Szablcs Prem, was discovered later that day when the duck boat was retrieved from the river’s bottom. Both victims were from Hungary. Jeff Moran, a spokesman for the Philadelphia medical examiner's office said the deaths were caused by accidental drowning.

Duck boat crash kills two in Philadelphia

The Duckboat accident was simply awful. My heart goes out to those who experienced it and the two young people who were killed. It didn't just 'sink', it was crushed by a huge barge.

54845784.jpg

Philadelphia – An amphibious duck boat loaded with 35 passengers and two crew members was struck by a barge Wednesday on the Delaware River outside of Philadelphia. Two passengers were killed as a result of the collision. The amphibious vehicle has been stopped because of possible engine trouble for five minutes before being struck. Just moments prior to the collision, crew members instructed passengers to put on their life vests. The body of 16 year old Dora Schwendtner was found by fishermen two miles downriver just before dawn the following day. The body of the second victim, 20 year old Szablcs Prem, was discovered later that day when the duck boat was retrieved from the river’s bottom. Both victims were from Hungary. Jeff Moran, a spokesman for the Philadelphia medical examiner's office said the deaths were caused by accidental drowning.

Wow Zoom, I didn't even see that pic and I am across the river from Philly, tragic story with those kids. :(

54845784.jpg

Wow Zoom, I didn't even see that pic and I am across the river from Philly, tragic story with those kids. :(

Quite. They were part of a 15-person youth group whose members were staying with suburban Methodist church families for a three-week cultural exchange. So freakin' sad.

Your pic is hilarious but . . . . the duck boat is just tragic.

54845784.jpg

Hey- are you trying to suggest that the Obama Administration is not only sinking, but is responsible for the death of America or Americans?????

54845784.jpg

Hey- are you trying to suggest that the Obama Administration is not only sinking, but is responsible for the death of America or Americans?????

Was just suggesting that I didn't think the duck boat accident was funny. Usually I find the humor is most things but . . . I just thought that was so sad for the two young kids that died, that's all. <sigh>

The USS Obama will not have weapons, run on wind and solar power, is not allowed to engage in combat and has mechanism that allows the ship to bow down when-ever it comes in contact with foreign ships.

Forum List

Back