The U.s. National Debt Has Grown By More Than A Trillion Dollars In The Last 12 Months

Moans the rightard who's a couple of million brain cells too shy to understand the U.S. Constitution.

dear, please say exactly why you think I don't understand the constitution or admit to being a typical liberal who cant support what he says.
I've shown you where the Constitution grants Congress the power to borrow on the credit of the U.S.; and where it reads they have the power to pay the debts; and where the validity of the debt is unquestionable. That's Constitutional and the Congress cannot change that without amending the Constitution, which is what they would be doing by passing legislation in making debt illegal.

It couldn't be clearer AND it supports my position, but yet, you don't understand it. That is "exactly why I think you don't understand the Constitution."

Congress has the power of the purse. Via the Constitution. It has the power to say NO to more debt. Via the Constitution.

While it is true that we have the authority to go further into debt, smart people realize that continuing down that path is a Clear threat to the economic prosperity of our nation. It destroys the value of the dollar and forces us to pay interest on the debt to a tune of over 411 BILLION A YEAR for our stupidity.

Moans the rightard who's a couple of million brain cells too shy to understand the U.S. Constitution.

dear, please say exactly why you think I don't understand the constitution or admit to being a typical liberal who cant support what he says.
I've shown you where the Constitution grants Congress the power to borrow on the credit of the U.S.; and where it reads they have the power to pay the debts; and where the validity of the debt is unquestionable. That's Constitutional and the Congress cannot change that without amending the Constitution, which is what they would be doing by passing legislation in making debt illegal.

It couldn't be clearer AND it supports my position, but yet, you don't understand it. That is "exactly why I think you don't understand the Constitution."

Congress has the power of the purse. Via the Constitution. It has the power to say NO to more debt. Via the Constitution.

While it is true that we have the authority to go further into debt, smart people realize that continuing down that path is a Clear threat to the economic prosperity of our nation. It destroys the value of the dollar and forces us to pay interest on the debt to a tune of over 411 BILLION A YEAR for our stupidity.
Congress has the power to not add more debt (which is why the debt ceiling is Constitutional), but they do not have the power to establish debt is illegal as that would alter the Constitution. The only way to alter the Constitution is through the amendment process which requires approval from at least 3/4's of the states' legislatures.

Get it now? The Congress has the power to borrow on the credit of the U.S., i.e. debt, and only a new amendment to the Constitution can revoke that power.

If i disagreed I'll pay you $10,000. Bet or run away once againi with your liberal strawman tail between your legs once again. See why we say slow?

If i disagreed I'll pay you $10,000. Bet or run away once again with your liberal strawman tail between your legs once again. See why we say slow?

Get it now? The Congress has the power to borrow on the credit of the U.S., i.e. debt, and only a new amendment to the Constitution can revoke that power.

If i disagreed I'll pay you $10,000. Bet or run away once againi with your liberal strawman tail between your legs once again. See why we say slow?

If i disagreed I'll pay you $10,000. Bet or run away once again with your liberal strawman tail between your legs once again. See why we say slow?
That provision is why Congress can't outlaw debt ... you still disagree?

That provision is why Congress can't outlaw debt ... you still disagree?

Congress has the power to not add more debt (which is why the debt ceiling is Constitutional), but they do not have the power to establish debt is illegal as that would alter the Constitution. The only way to alter the Constitution is through the amendment process which requires approval from at least 3/4's of the states' legislatures.

The power of the purse gives the House the power to NOT FUND increased Gov't, and to not fund chit they don't agree with. In other words they have the power to CUT UP THE CREDIT CARDS.

We have the lowest tax rates in a half century right now....

we need to reduce spending, raise tax rates, and have one heck of an economy going, to make any kind of reduction in the National Debt...

don't see any of this happening to the degree that it needs to happen.

simplify taxes........raising taxes doesn't necessarily raise revenues as history has shown. Revenues have a historic average of 18.1 % since WWII irregardless of the rates.............People just offshore their money when taxes increase.

A simplified code at a set rate with NO DEDUCTIONS is the answer.........a 15% income flat rate would generate 200 plus Billion a year in revenues
I don't think we can legally do that without a Standard deduction for everyone..... Income or earnings that we are taxed on, has to be our PROFIT, even for individuals, we are taxed ONLY on our supposed PROFIT from our income/earnings....thus the Standard Deduction BEFORE we are taxed on our incomes....

So even with a flat rate across the board, everyone must be given a standard deduction....

When income taxes first began, the Standard deduction was the equivalent of $65,000 a year, NOT taxable....it's changed a lot since then and now it is only a few thousand that is not taxable, but there are other programs that reduce our taxable income that were not available when income taxes first began....child tax credit, and earned income credit, and lots of other things over the years....primarily focused on the poorest.

bottom line, even with a flat tax, there will be a standard deduction amount that is not taxed, the same amount for everyone....as example, something like the first $9000 earned per person, is not taxable, then anything earned above that could be taxed at the flat 15%.

The code needs simplification. The disagreements on the final rate could be hashed out. It needs to be done. The code is too dang big. Simple solutions for complex problems are not agreeable to the powers to be.
The tax code is irrelevant. All they would o is blow the extra money they take in.

The power of the purse gives the House the power to NOT FUND increased Gov't, and to not fund chit they don't agree with. In other words they have the power to CUT UP THE CREDIT CARDS.
it has the power to say no to the debt by NOT passing legislation that costs money....however....everything that they do legislate that costs money....they are REQUIRED to pay for it.

it has the power to say no to the debt by NOT passing legislation that costs money....however....everything that they do legislate that costs money....they are REQUIRED to pay for it.

Paying existing debts have never been a question in the debates unless you believe the propaganda of the shut downs......Mandatory spending is required to be paid, but that doesn't mean they have to pay for all programs currently on the books.......

Which is why it is called the power of the purse.

Our Gov't is so lame that it can't even agree to freezing spending at current levels of non mandatory spending. They have no intention of cutting up the Credit cards of massive debt.

Paying existing debts have never been a question in the debates unless you believe the propaganda of the shut downs......Mandatory spending is required to be paid, but that doesn't mean they have to pay for all programs currently on the books.......

Which is why it is called the power of the purse.

Our Gov't is so lame that it can't even agree to freezing spending at current levels of non mandatory spending. They have no intention of cutting up the Credit cards of massive debt.
Are you saying that when congress passes legislation for some tanks for the military that they don't have to pay the company they hired to make them or that they can simply throw out anything legislated by the house, Senate, and signed by our president...and not fund it?

The power of the purse gives the House the power to NOT FUND increased Gov't, and to not fund chit they don't agree with.

OF course they don't really have the power of the purse
unless the public is on their side which it is not as they found out with the tiny little shut downs.

a4w8.jpg

but why do you say "our govt" when you mean Democrats are so lame??

EB?: "Congress can't outlaw debt" ...

Dear, I'll pay you $10,000 if I said it could. Bet or run away for 4th time with your liberal strawman tail between your legs.
As I said, I don't make bets with losers who won't pay up -- no matter how many times you offer. That aside, after you pointed out how the debt would be zero if only Democrats wouldn't have interfered with Republican efforts to render debt illegal, I pointed out that passing such legislation would violate the Constitution -- to which you responded by challenging me to prove because you didn't know any better.

Now, thanks to me, you do know better.

You're welcome.

if only Democrats wouldn't have interfered with Republican efforts to render debt illegal, I pointed out that passing such legislation would violate the Constitution -- to which you responded by challenging me to prove because you didn't know any better.

Now, thanks to me, you do know better.

You're welcome.

perfect idiot liberal zombie back from the dead needs to lose a debate 100 times before he can comprehend his pathetic ignorance! I didn't say Republican "efforts" involved legislation you did!! Now do you see why you were so afraid to accept the legally binding bet and win $10,000?

EB?: "Congress can't outlaw debt" ...

Dear, I'll pay you $10,000 if I said it could. Bet or run away for 4th time with your liberal strawman tail between your legs.

You don't have $10k. Your voting record made that possible.

that??? can the liberal say what "that" is.

You don't have $10k to bet because of your failed voting record.

dear, cut the liberal BS, tell us why you are a liberal and we'll explain why that makes you, sadly, stupid.

Forum List

Back