The U.S. cost of supporting Israel

Culture of Appeasement?

"In any other country, the current American bribe to Israel, and the latter’s reluctance to accept it, in return for even a temporary end to the theft of somebody else’s property would be regarded as preposterous.

"Three billion dollars’ worth of fighter bombers in return for a temporary freeze in West Bank colonisation for a mere 90 days?

"Not including East Jerusalem – so goodbye to the last chance of the east of the holy city for a Palestinian capital – and, if Benjamin Netanyahu so wishes, a rip-roaring continuation of settlement on Arab land.

"In the ordinary sane world in which we think we live, there is only one word for Barack Obama’s offer: appeasement."

Robert Fisk...

Usually I don't agree with you George. But Netanyahu's rejection of a settlement freeze didn't make sense to me. And I do like Fayyad. He's not into playing victim and terror, but real building and security. I like that.

Culture of Appeasement?

"In any other country, the current American bribe to Israel, and the latter’s reluctance to accept it, in return for even a temporary end to the theft of somebody else’s property would be regarded as preposterous.

"Three billion dollars’ worth of fighter bombers in return for a temporary freeze in West Bank colonisation for a mere 90 days?

"Not including East Jerusalem – so goodbye to the last chance of the east of the holy city for a Palestinian capital – and, if Benjamin Netanyahu so wishes, a rip-roaring continuation of settlement on Arab land.

"In the ordinary sane world in which we think we live, there is only one word for Barack Obama’s offer: appeasement."

Robert Fisk...

Usually I don't agree with you George. But Netanyahu's rejection of a settlement freeze didn't make sense to me. And I do like Fayyad. He's not into playing victim and terror, but real building and security. I like that.

Fayyad has never been the PM of Palestine. His "security" is virtually all illegal.

The security forces spy on people without court issued warrants. People who have broken no law are arrested without court issued warrants. People are held indefinitely without charge, legal council, or trials. Torture is common and several people have been tortured to death.

So, what is it you like about his security?

Culture of Appeasement?

Robert Fisk...

Fayyad has never been the PM of Palestine. His "security" is virtually all illegal.

The security forces spy on people without court issued warrants. People who have broken no law are arrested without court issued warrants. People are held indefinitely without charge, legal council, or trials. Torture is common and several people have been tortured to death.

And what about his building programs and reviving the Palestinian economy? Also, can you provide links for your allegations about Fayyad?

And what about his building programs and reviving the Palestinian economy? Also, can you provide links for your allegations about Fayyad?

It is in the news all the time. Just one example:

The Islamist group has accused the Palestinian Authority's of torturing the man to death and warned that the incident may prove to be a deadly blow to the efforts at reconciling the rival Palestinian factions.

The deceased Hamas operative, identified as 28-year-old Haytham Amro from the village of Dura, worked as a nurse at a Hebron hospital. He was arrested last week by the Palestinian security services. The Authority said it was looking into the circumstances of his death.

Hamas claims the "torture of hundreds of operatives in the West Bank has become routine in Palestinian jails."

Hamas says operative tortured to death in PA jail - Israel News, Ynetnews

Fayyad is an old IMF globalist. His version of prosperity is foreign owned assets and foreign owned sweat shops and low wage jobs. He has done nothing to bolster the local economy.

MP: How is the economic and financial situation in Gaza and West Bank?

Ousama Hamdan: Due to the siege and the blockade, 90 percent of Gaza's economy was shut down.

What about the 70 percent of the factories closed in West Bank? There is no siege there according to Salam Fayyad. There is a simple answer. There is no viable economic plan of Salam Fayyad. There is no development. There is plenty of money without production. What will you do when the money stops coming and you don't have the ability to produce and sustain yourself? In the long run it's a disaster.

MP: If you were to be allowed to properly govern in Gaza, do you have a sound developmental plan?

Ousama Hamdan: You have to read our program which was built on creating an independent economic and financial structure unlike Fayyad's plan which heavily relies on the Israelis.

The Palestinians used to export directly to Europe and Jordan, and we had our own quality standards. Fayyad signed an agreement with the Israelis that forced the Palestinians to adopt the Israeli standards. As a result, they could not export anymore.

In a documentary on BBC, they said that even the keffieh (traditional Palestinian head cover) is imported from China. The new generation of business men created by Fayyad imports everything from China.

A dialogue with Hamas - Part 2

Every year thousands of Palestinian patients from Gaza and the West Bank are treated in Israeli hospitals across the country. Patients also come from many Arab countries, some of which still don't even recognize Israel.

When a young Palestinian from the Gaza Strip was shot in the leg last year by Hamas during the ongoing conflict between the two main Palestinian political parties, Hamas and Fatah, he was offered treatment in both Egypt and Jordan, but instead he chose to go to Israel.

When I was injured I chose to come to Israel because it's well known that the treatment here is better than in Egypt - by a lot - or in Gaza. I had to have a microsurgery to replace a tendon in my foot, and I knew this was the best place to do it. He insisted that his identity be hidden, for fear of repercussions from Hamas

Rokon Asadi, Medical Rep. for Arab Community:
All politics aside, Israel has a very good reputation in the world for medicine. There are many, many people who want to be treated by Israel. It just doesn’t matter to them [that it]s Israel. There would be many more patients coming from Persian countries, Arab and neighboring countries, if there wasn’t such difficulty getting their visas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not offended. Fayyad wants an economy dependent on Israel. Hamas wants an economy independent from Israel. It is not wise to allow Israel to throttle your economy.
Since when did Israel become China?

Lol, doc. In addition, everything is exported from China these days.

Actually I think India will prove to be able to supply cheap and reliable AND safe products far better than China in the upcoming years.

I look to see this transition in the future.

At substantially less cost to the US taxpayer:

"Since 1973, Israel has cost the United States about $1.6 trillion. If divided by today’s population, that is more than $5,700 per person.

U.S. Aid to Israel: The Subject No One Mentions

"Even more mind-boggling are the per capita outlays, based upon statistics from the Population Reference Bureau of Washington, DC.

"In mid-1986, the combined population of the sub-Saharan African countries was 568 million, and the per capita foreign aid over the preceding half century was $43.

"For Latin America and the Caribbean, a population of 486 million, the foreign aid total was $50 per person."

Look for this transition in the near future.

You are obsessive George. It matters not what you post. You post all over this site with a spewal of human hatred that has you so down in the red as a troll that nothing you post has any significance.

I know that you have posted about your lack of income generation. This is because your spirit is sick George. You have throttled your eye on the world with such a large perspective that you have lost that which you truly have, your own conscience and soul.

Your intellect is not low, so that can not be the reason you have such poor income generating abilities.

But your personality. The globally implicating indictments on people personally is your sickness. No one will choose to be around you for any length of time.

No boss would want you around his other employees.

I pity you. I wish you would seek help for your sickness, but likely you will just eat yourself up from within.

So, continue to obsess over that which you have no control over.

New Topics

Forum List

Back