The U.N.'s Rape of the Innocents

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
The U.N.'s rape of the innocents
Michelle Malkin

February 16, 2005

Kofi Annan must have the world's thickest set of industrial-quality earplugs.

How else can he block out the cries of Congolese girls raped by United Nations "peacekeepers" sent to protect the innocents from harm?

Fifty U.N. peacekeepers and U.N. civilian officers face an estimated 150 allegations of sexual exploitation and rape in the Congo alone. Last Friday, ABC's "20/20" program aired a devastating expose by investigative reporter Brian Ross highlighting some of the worst alleged crimes.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/michellemalkin/printmm20050216.shtml

The corruption, inefficiency and outright hypocracy that runs throughout the UN and its organizations is absolutely staggering. If such an entity was part of our Federal government, its employees would be spending copious amounts of time in jail and its leaders probably even more. But then it's all the Bush administration's fault.

CSM said:
The corruption, inefficiency and outright hypocracy that runs throughout the UN and its organizations is absolutely staggering. If such an entity was part of our Federal government, its employees would be spending copious amounts of time in jail and its leaders probably even more. But then it's all the Bush administration's fault.

The left wing media does a nice job of overlooking the fact that there is someone in charge, there is a main overseer, and this person IS responsible for the actions/nonactions of other members. Kofi Anan is utterly sickening excuse for a human being.

With over 200 member nations, most of whom are third world countries with some REALLY warped views on morality, etc. there is no wonder in my mind that the UN is a joke. Take these ministers out of their little grass huts and send them to New York, pay then exhorbitant salaries, let them bash the US and demonize democracy, give them bribes from the US's enemies and then try to believe they have humanities bsets interests at heart....seems like a looooong stretch to me.

CSM said:
With over 200 member nations, most of whom are third world countries with some REALLY warped views on morality, etc. there is no wonder in my mind that the UN is a joke. Take these ministers out of their little grass huts and send them to New York, pay then exhorbitant salaries, let them bash the US and demonize democracy, give them bribes from the US's enemies and then try to believe they have humanities bsets interests at heart....seems like a looooong stretch to me.

It's utpoia for them that's all!

Sir Evil said:
I think Bush said it best when he said it was time for the U.N to act of face becoming irrelevant. to me this has become more and more true each day!

I think that's an under-estimation of their irrelevance, to me they have been for sometime.

Sir Evil said:
I agree, but for the common leftist who still think the U.N should have a major roll in everything it's a good place to see where they are becoming more irrelevant starting with that statement.
Agreed

I saw a show on this Congolese issue just the other day...

The amazing thing that I found out is that the UN "Peacekeepers" there are not subject to Congolese law and therefore only two of the UN people have been prosecuted in any way at all, one French and the other I do not remember.

The American Diplomat that is in charge there in Congo has set rules that are summarily ignored where they are to follow a curfew and that prostitution is not allowed, yet they showed film of the leaders of the UN Peacekeeping force there in the bars picking up Prostitutes and putting them in their UN Vans while their underlings partied at well past the curfew. When brought to his attention this Diplomat only stated that he would do "something" about this.

I guess that this is a regular happening when the UN rolls into any place as Peacekeepers and has been overlooked on a large basis before, the story had interviews with people in other places where the UN has done much the same "ignoring" of this issue.

If I were Congolese I would be begging the US to come and get the UN out of my country.

Sir Evil said:
I agree, but for the common leftist who still think the U.N should have a major roll in everything it's a good place to see where they are becoming more irrelevant starting with that statement.

Absolutely!!

What about dubya, and his oil for blood program? He is the real problem. tramping over the planet killing innocent civilians to feed his oil machine.

You know the fucked up part is that someone out there read what I just wrote, and is thinking this guy knows what he is talking about.

obligerant said:
What about dubya, and his oil for blood program? He is the real problem. tramping over the planet killing innocent civilians to feed his oil machine.

You know the fucked up part is that someone out there read what I just wrote, and is thinking this guy knows what he is talking about.

And most likely many are thinking the opposite.

obligerant said:
someone out there read what I just wrote, and is thinking this guy knows what he is talking about.

There's very little likelihood of that.

Matter of fact, I recommend you get fitted for a tin foil hat.

Forum List

Back