The Two Least Successful Groups in Society Put Obama in the White House

mikegriffith1

Mike Griffith
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 23, 2012
Virginia
According to the exit polling numbers, Obama won mainly--not entirely, but mainly--by carrying the two bottom income groups by 21.5%, and these two groups accounted for 41% of votes cast. He lost among the four other income groups by an average of 8.5%, and those groups accounted for 59% of votes cast. But he made up for his 8.5% loss in the 59% block by winning the 41% block by 21.5%, a landslide margin of victory.

Obama also won handily among high school dropouts, 64% to 35%, and these voters accounted for about 2-3% of votes cast (I suspect this group mostly overlaps with the bottom two income groups, so I won't count them as a separate group--but I thought it was worth noting Obama's huge margin of victory among high school dropouts).

This is not to say that everyone who voted for Obama is uneducated or poor. It is to say that Obama would have lost if he had not carried the two lowest income groups by landslide margins. So the least successful among us were the decisive factor in Obama's victory.

Here's the breakdown:

Income....Obama's Margin of Victory
------------------------------------------
0-30K..........+28
30-49K........+15
50-99K...........-6
100-199K.....-10
200-249K.......-5
250K+..........-13

Income.....Percentage of Votes
---------------------------------------------
0-30K..........20%
30-49K........21%
50-99K........31%
100-199K....21%
200-249K......3%
250K+...........4%

It's as if a company's CEO were elected, not by a majority of the most educated and successful people in the company, but by winning a huge majority among the janitorial staff, the new admin assistants, and the new interns. Would you have much confidence in that company's future if its CEO were elected by such groups?

Last edited:
According to the exit polling numbers, Obama won mainly--not entirely, but mainly--by carrying the two bottom income groups by 21.5%, and these two groups accounted for 41% of votes cast. He lost among the four other income groups by an average of 8.5%, and those groups accounted for 59% of votes cast. But he made up for his 8.5% loss in the 59% block by winning the 41% block by 21.5%, a landslide margin of victory.

Obama also won handily among high school dropouts, 64% to 35%, and these voters accounted for about 2-3% of votes cast (I suspect this group mostly overlaps with the bottom two income groups).

This is not to say that everyone who voted for Obama is uneducated or poor. It is to say that Obama would have lost if he had not carried the two lowest income groups by landslide margins. So the least successful among us were the decisive factor in Obama's victory.

Here's the breakdown:

0-30K..........+28
30-49K........+15
50-99K...........-6
100-199K.....-10
200-249K.......-5
250K+..........-13

0-30K..........20%
30-49K........21%
50-99K........31%
100-199K....21%
200-249K......3%
250K+...........4%

It's as if a company's CEO were elected, not by a majority of the most educated and successful people in the company, but by winning a huge majority among the janitorial staff, the new admin assistants, and the new interns. Would you have much confidence in that company's future if its CEO were elected by such groups?

so did EDUCATED women.

so did younger people.

and gays (who have the highest per capita income in the country as a group)

i'm sorry the whole old white man thing isn't working out for you anymore.

does it hurt to be so ignorant?

Obama also won handily among high school dropouts, 64% to 35%, and these voters accounted for about 2-3% of votes cast (I suspect this group mostly overlaps with the bottom two income groups).

Here's the breakdown:

0-30K..........+28
30-49K........+15
50-99K...........-6
100-199K.....-10
200-249K.......-5
250K+..........-13

0-30K..........20%
30-49K........21%
50-99K........31%
100-199K....21%
200-249K......3%
250K+...........4%

so did EDUCATED women.

so did younger people.

why do you hate white people?

Here's the breakdown:

0-30K..........+28
30-49K........+15
50-99K...........-6
100-199K.....-10
200-249K.......-5
250K+..........-13

0-30K..........20%
30-49K........21%
50-99K........31%
100-199K....21%
200-249K......3%
250K+...........4%

so did EDUCATED women.

so did younger people.

why do you hate white people?

where in that post did you get that idea?

Here's the breakdown:

0-30K..........+28
30-49K........+15
50-99K...........-6
100-199K.....-10
200-249K.......-5
250K+..........-13

0-30K..........20%
30-49K........21%
50-99K........31%
100-199K....21%
200-249K......3%
250K+...........4%

so did EDUCATED women.

so did younger people.

But the old man white thing is working very we'll for us. THAT'S the real issue. Unemployment is much higher for blacks and Latinos that it is for whites. Whites have been under the national average unemployment rate all this time. I bet you didn't known this. But hey, Obama won. I can only say this... Sometimes when you win you really lose.

Oh goody. This means you can keep with your "Obama voters are stupid" meme. Let me know how that turns out for you in 2016.

I don't think we'll have to wait that long. If they run us off the cliff, there'll be a lot of Reps out of a job in '14. :D

Here's the breakdown:

0-30K..........+28
30-49K........+15
50-99K...........-6
100-199K.....-10
200-249K.......-5
250K+..........-13

0-30K..........20%
30-49K........21%
50-99K........31%
100-199K....21%
200-249K......3%
250K+...........4%

so did EDUCATED women.

so did younger people.

All these arguments are strawman arguments. I said that not everyone who voted for Obama is poor or uneducated. I stipulated that. But you simply ignore that qualifier and act as though I said the opposite.

The fact remains that Obama owes his victory largely to the two least successful groups in society. If he had not carried those two groups by landslide margins, he would have lost.

Last edited:

Here's the breakdown:

0-30K..........+28
30-49K........+15
50-99K...........-6
100-199K.....-10
200-249K.......-5
250K+..........-13

0-30K..........20%
30-49K........21%
50-99K........31%
100-199K....21%
200-249K......3%
250K+...........4%

so did EDUCATED women.

so did younger people.

But the old man white thing is working very we'll for us. THAT'S the real issue. Unemployment is much higher for blacks and Latinos that it is for whites. Whites have been under the national average unemployment rate all this time. I bet you didn't known this. But hey, Obama won. I can only say this... Sometimes when you win you really lose.

Tell us something;

When you had that thought in your head before you wrote it here....did it sound so stupid?

Here's the breakdown:

0-30K..........+28
30-49K........+15
50-99K...........-6
100-199K.....-10
200-249K.......-5
250K+..........-13

0-30K..........20%
30-49K........21%
50-99K........31%
100-199K....21%
200-249K......3%
250K+...........4%

so did EDUCATED women.

so did younger people.

All these arguments are strawman arguments. I said that not everyone who voted for Obama is poor or uneducated. I stipulated that. But you simply ignore that qualifier and act as though I said the opposite.

The fact remains that Obama owes his victory largely to the two least successful groups in society. If he had not carried those two groups by landslide margins, he would have lost.

And what lesson are you learning from that? Feel free to respond.

so did EDUCATED women.

so did younger people.

If I may.

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."

—Benjamin Franklin

It's called the Black vote. As well as Latinos, pretty sure the two of them make up the majority of those lower income bracket voters.

If I may.

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."

—Benjamin Franklin

And you don't think that the "successful" people who contributed hundreds of millions of dollars to Romney/Right wing Super PACs were doing that or attempting to sway others to do so? If you really do think that these people are just concerned citizens.... that's fine. Humorous but fine. It also reveals that you're not very sophisticated politically.

Anyway, the "problem" is still there for 2016. What you going to do about it? More photoshopping? Yeah...that'll work.

If I may.

—Benjamin Franklin

And you don't think that the "successful" people who contributed hundreds of millions of dollars to Romney/Right wing Super PACs were doing that or attempting to sway others to do so? If you really do think that these people are just concerned citizens.... that's fine. Humorous but fine. It also reveals that you're not very sophisticated politically.

Anyway, the "problem" is still there for 2016. What you going to do about it? More photoshopping? Yeah...that'll work.

I am not sure.

What do you think can be done about lazy fucks voting themselves more things from the gubmint which cannot possibly be afforded?

If I may.

—Benjamin Franklin

I am not sure.

What do you think can be done about lazy fucks voting themselves more things from the gubmint which cannot possibly be afforded?

You can start by rejecting the premise since it's not true.
Moreover the same "lazy fucks" you're referring to will be there in 2016 so I guess you're just doomed. Too bad. Actually, no...it isn't too bad. I like to see bad people fail so as you may imagine, I'm having a great time on the board here. :lol:

PettJ20121116_low.jpg

Here's the breakdown:

0-30K..........+28
30-49K........+15
50-99K...........-6
100-199K.....-10
200-249K.......-5
250K+..........-13

0-30K..........20%
30-49K........21%
50-99K........31%
100-199K....21%
200-249K......3%
250K+...........4%

so did EDUCATED women.

so did younger people.

Do you have a point here, Jillian?

Did you bother to read the OP before spouting?

Obama won mainly--not entirely, but mainly--by carrying the two bottom income groups by 21.5%, and these two groups accounted for 41% of votes cast.
This is not to say that everyone who voted for Obama is uneducated or poor.

Deal with it, Jilly, and quit trying to deflect.

Forum List

Back