The Two JOHNs

Navy1960

Sep 4, 2008
Arizona
John Kyl and John McCain are my two Senators and one of them as you all know is running for President this Year. Yesterday, John McCain as well as John Kyl both voted *yes* in the re-packaged bailout that was earlier in the week killed in the House. Barack Obama as you know also voted for the same bill. As my Senators both of these men took it upon themselves to ignore the wishes of over 80% of Arizonians who did not want this package. IMHO this vote has cost not only John McCain the election but also will cost John Kyl his Senate seat here in Arizona, so be happy democrats for the the frist time since the 80's you just might have a democratic Senator here. It is a shameful display when an elected official ignores the wishes of the people he or she represents and both Barack Obama and John McCain have shown yesterday their ability to go along with the status quo. If no one has taken the time to notice , today the Senate impact on Wall Street has been zip!! nothing!!. I am sure you all have opinions, but IMHO this vote was something that John McCain could ill afford to get wrong and I do believe yesterday he gave this election to Barack Obama.

I noticed. I agree with you. Voting yes was the wrong thing to do.

You know I called John Kyl's office and the response was, " he is voting for it because regular Americans just don't understand the impact" . So I said, your not worried that republicans like me won't vote for you next time around, and the repsonse was well thats your choice.

When the financial collapse occurs, they do have an excuse. "We tried to pass a rescue package. We did our best." Then sealybobo will blame the rescue package as the republicans fault. They voted for it. It was Pres. Bush who lied about the rescue package. Then the media is going to call for more taxpayer bailouts. Then Harry Reid will find new imaginary friends and tell us that they are packing their bags and going to a homeless shelter.

Last edited:
Do you think the 6M for the bow and arrow producers in the bill was a little incentive for some Senator? Tell me this, John McCain the Earmark Champion jsut voted yesterday for 150 billion dollars worth of Earmarks yesterday. I do have to believe your right though user, on the CYA thing.

Do you think the 6M for the bow and arrow producers in the bill was a little incentive for some Senator? Tell me this, John McCain the Earmark Champion jsut voted yesterday for 150 billion dollars worth of Earmarks yesterday. I do have to believe your right though user, on the CYA thing.

That's why this Election year, there is no presidential candidate i'm excited about. We should pick someone who is not part of the Washington crowd. Problem, Bush played that card and look where that brought this country. There isn't a true person that could speak up. Talk alittle louder. Especially during this bailout. The media, government, presidential nominees, are all part of this. We are going to ripped off from this package.

Last edited:
That's why this Election year, there is no presidential candidate i'm excited about. We should pick someone who is not part of the Washington crowd. Problem, Bush played that card and look where that brought this country. There isn't a true person that could speak up. Talk alittle louder. Especially during this bailout. The media, government, presidential nominees, are all part of this. We are going to ripped off from this package.

I have to believe the American people know what they want, and from what I have seen most of them are pretty unhappy about this. What's really interesting about this, is the stock market is going south still. This hard sell on the part of the government really makes me wonder whats up. John McCain though, after yesterday and this is just my opinion pretty much tossed his chances in this election out the window. I have begun to notice recently though, he really does not seem to have his heart in this. Obama on the other hand supported this too and with the stock market tanking again his support of this is not looking so good as well.

Forum List

Back