The two faces of obama

I have already stated my opinion, it may not be the words you like and can twist into something else sorry I am not playing.

Here

Haha...so you start a thread criticising the pres for his actions but you have no idea what he should have done?

Tell me, everytime there are protests in another country against the government what should he do?
I'll accept that he should be even-handed - I don't agree but I'll accept your point of view.
We've had protests against the government over here, we're a democracy so we're allowed to - should he have suggested that our government step down?

Haha...so you start a thread criticising the pres for his actions but you have no idea what he should have done?
I started this thread to criticize his double standards

Tell me, everytime there are protests in another country against the government what should he do?

Well since he said that another country should not impose it's will on another country when he first became president I think he should stick to his word, it would make him look like a limp noodle.

Well, sending Mubarak some advice is hardly imposing his will but thank you for your opinion - it wasn't that hard in the end was it?

I'll accept that he should be even-handed - I don't agree but I'll accept your point of view.
We've had protests against the government over here, we're a democracy so we're allowed to - should he have suggested that our government step down?

I started this thread to criticize his double standards

Well since he said that another country should not impose it's will on another country when he first became president I think he should stick to his word, it would make him look like a limp noodle.

Well, sending Mubarak some advice is hardly imposing his will but thank you for your opinion - it wasn't that hard in the end was it?

Advice?:eusa_whistle:
You didn't look at the link I used did you?
Obama pressures Mubarak to stand down as Egyptian president
Obama pressures Mubarak to stand down as Egyptian president | NewsBreakingOnline.com

Back in 2009 when the Iranians were protesting obama did nothing
FoxNews.com - Obama Stands Firm on Restrained Response to Iran Protests
But when the Egyptian's protest he tells the President to step down.
Obama pressures Mubarak to stand down as Egyptian president | NewsBreakingOnline.com

What the difference?

The difference is that Egypt is an ally who receives billions in US aid while Iran is part of the Axis of Evil

Since obama said that one country should not impose it's will on another country when he first became president I think he should stick to his word, it would not make him look like a limp noodle. You people allow obama to many passes, you do realize people are being tourtured that arelocked up be the U.S. Government?

What the difference?

The difference is Mubarek has supported America and has been our Allie for over 30 years. Even though he is a dictator, he has been our Allie in the middle east, Obama cant stand anybody who supports America.

Yeah, that's it...:cuckoo:

Jeezus, another fucking moran has arrived.

Why do you people think its appropriate for the United States to butt into every other country's local problems, either by opinion or threat? Do you honestly believe that Achmedinejad would have listened to any advice from the United States? :lol:

If we jump right up with a knee-jerk reaction to an ally such as Mubarak, what do you suppose the people in the streets would have to say? "Mubarak is just the puppet of the USA!!!" Count on it.

As opposed to you licking the balls of the retards in the white house? .....

Get your bootlicking, Uncle Ruckus jackass out of this thread and report back to massa you House Negro, the OP is a fallacious argument.

you bitch ass sellout, you eat a dick!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJTOkPI08gk&has_verified=1"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJTOkPI08gk&has_verified=1[/ame]

Nice. Grow the fuck up, turdboy.

BTW.. what was up with that pathetic speech last night other than to further inject himself into the situation in Egypt? Today you have Gibbs explaining that when he said "immediately", he meant yesterday.

Our nation is run by children.

Bigreb WANTS Obama to inject himself even more. :confused: I do find it hilarious, however, that if Obama had remained mum on this whole ordeal, you knee-jerk reactionaries would be screaming that he does nothing and DEMANDING that he go right over there and straighten things out, by gum, just like a good imperialist president should do.

And btw, only children don't grasp the enormity of the diplomatic dance that must be done in a situation such as this where the United States HAS supported a regime for 30+ years, and they us.

NO I would expect our leader not to be so wishy washy. Be constant, not have one set of rules for one country and another set for another country when dealing with the same kind of issue.

Which is why you'll never be able to post anything that makes a lick of sense. You just don't get it.

Iraq is still a hot spot with protests and fighting and car bombings every single day. When was the last time the US publicly tried to tell Malaki what to do about it? Diplomatically, we're probably still giving him lots of advice, just as we have done with Egypt. Iran is a whole 'nuther story. It is an ENEMY STATE and we have no diplomatic ties with it. Frankly, even in countries (like Egypt) where we do have solid diplomatic ties, the US can't just go in there and bully them into doing what WE want them to do. Are you nuts?

Not in the ME,, keep trying.

Turkey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

fine whatever, but its right there, i consider it middle east

Turkey is a Eurasian country not a middle eastern country.

Turkey is most definitely a player in the Mideast region, regardless of where its boundaries were drawn by cartographists. If it wasn't for Turkey, the US would have had no access to air space over Iraq to come and go at will.

NO I would expect our leader not to be so wishy washy. Be constant, not have one set of rules for one country and another set for another country when dealing with the same kind of issue.
Just asking because it isn't clear to me, but what should he do in Egypt and Iran...obviously you believe his policy in each should be the same but, what should it be?

He should be for freedom, in this instance he should have treated the issue equally.

You're just not paying attention. Surely you can't be this dumb. Mubarak has rejected Obama's call to begin a transition to a representative government "now" rather than later, which is a CLEAR indication that the people (and their freedom) is most important. What is it you want Obama to do? Send a few troops over to storm Mubarak's headquarters and physically take him out?

bigrebnc said:
I have already stated my opinion, it may not be the words you like and can twist into something else sorry I am not playing.

Actually, you believed what FoxNews reported. It is they who are twisted, and they should have known there is a HUGE difference. That's the problem with Fox: If they had printed the reasons why there is a difference in treatment by the USA between Iran and Egypt, you would have believed that and been correct.

Back in 2009 when the Iranians were protesting obama did nothing
FoxNews.com - Obama Stands Firm on Restrained Response to Iran Protests
But when the Egyptian's protest he tells the President to step down.

What the difference?

The difference is that Egypt is an ally who receives billions in US aid while Iran is part of the Axis of Evil

Since obama said that one country should not impose it's will on another country when he first became president I think he should stick to his word, it would not make him look like a limp noodle. You people allow obama to many passes, you do realize people are being tourtured that arelocked up be the U.S. Government?

Are you really that dense? or are you just fuck'n with us?

There is a huge difference between invading a country to re-establish a government of your liking and supporting a popular revolution to oust an unpopular dictator

We are not "imposing our will" on Egypt...we are merely acknowleging the will of the people

Well since he's the leader and have advisors that would be up to him, but keep it the same.

You have no opinion at all then?
You've already stated that he should be for freedom...how does he achieve that?

Here
Well since he's the leader and have advisors that would be up to him, but keep it the same.
He should be for freedom, in this instance he should have treated the issue equally

This is from your Fox article linked:
"The last thing that I want to do is to have the United States be a foil for those forces inside Iran who would love nothing better than to make this an argument about the United States," Obama said in an interview broadcast Monday on CBS' "The Early Show."

"We shouldn't be playing into that," he said in the interview recorded Friday. "There should be no distractions from the fact that the Iranian people are seeking to let their voices be heard."

That is PRECISELY the reason the US has not become more involved in Egypt's uprising. The fact that Obama "pressures" Mubarak is because he is an ally (not to mention collects $1.3 billion annually from American taxpayers). Achmedinejad would have laughed out loud if Obama had "pressured" him.

In neither situation should the US be seen as interfering in their countries' political process, although in both cases, he makes it clear that the US wants the people to be heard. Why is it you cannot get that?

There is a huge difference between invading a country to re-establish a government of your liking and supporting a popular revolution to oust an unpopular dictator

We are not "imposing our will" on Egypt...we are merely acknowleging the will of the people

If Mubarak had been treating his people satisfactorily, there would have been no uprising in the first place, and the US would have continued its stong support of Mubarak. The US will continue to support Egypt and its people, even after Mubarak is gone.

Turkey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

fine whatever, but its right there, i consider it middle east

Turkey is a Eurasian country not a middle eastern country.

Turkey is most definitely a player in the Mideast region, regardless of where its boundaries were drawn by cartographists. If it wasn't for Turkey, the US would have had no access to air space over Iraq to come and go at will.

Turkey may be a player in the Middle east just like most countries are but they are not located in the middle east. The U.S., Russia and China are players IN THE MIDDLE EAST but they aren't in the middle east

I would have expected obama to be a leader of the free world an act accordingly and treat Iran as he treated Egypt. But he did nothing. Unlike the leader of the free world should do. Exactly what was the will of the people in Iran?

Bigreb WANTS Obama to inject himself even more. :confused: I do find it hilarious, however, that if Obama had remained mum on this whole ordeal, you knee-jerk reactionaries would be screaming that he does nothing and DEMANDING that he go right over there and straighten things out, by gum, just like a good imperialist president should do.

And btw, only children don't grasp the enormity of the diplomatic dance that must be done in a situation such as this where the United States HAS supported a regime for 30+ years, and they us.

Which is why you'll never be able to post anything that makes a lick of sense. You just don't get it.

Iraq is still a hot spot with protests and fighting and car bombings every single day. When was the last time the US publicly tried to tell Malaki what to do about it? Diplomatically, we're probably still giving him lots of advice, just as we have done with Egypt. Iran is a whole 'nuther story. It is an ENEMY STATE and we have no diplomatic ties with it. Frankly, even in countries (like Egypt) where we do have solid diplomatic ties, the US can't just go in there and bully them into doing what WE want them to do. Are you nuts?

No you're the one who will never get it. You can't see through that liberal basis. Is there a reason why the freedoms of the people of Iran should not be treated like everyone else? What am I missing? Could it be the muslim brotherhood has something to do with protest in Egypt?

No you're the one who will never get it. You can't see through that liberal basis. Is there a reason why the freedoms of the people of Iran should not be treated like everyone else? What am I missing? Could it be the muslim brotherhood has something to do with protest in Egypt?

the answer was no the first time.in fact i gave you an answer and everyone ignored it so they could continue to bash Obama. thats called being a hack.

Horseshit you gave nothing but if you say you answered you answered.

the answer was no the first time.in fact i gave you an answer and everyone ignored it so they could continue to bash Obama. thats called being a hack.

Horseshit you gave nothing but if you say you answered you answered.

go back and read, I gave you a example of the differences. You decided to ignore it.

How can you say horseshit one minute and then surrender that i did?

I read it and it's horseshit.

I'd say the Muslim Brotherhood has got something to do with the Egyptian protests.
What is the importance of that?

Forum List

Back