The twinkie may live.

It has not been saved. It is going into private mediation. Did you read the article? The fuckin Union is why they are in this mess in the first place

How has the union made Hostess uncompetitive if their product prices near the lowest in the industry?

Everything I have read says sales are down & pension fund was raided. None of this can be blamed on the union.

Last edited:
Maybe obama will order Hostess to stay in business, raise wages, lower the price of Twinkies even though they lose money. Wait, Wasn't that Atlas Shrugged?

It has not been saved. It is going into private mediation. Did you read the article? The fuckin Union is why they are in this mess in the first place

Which is why I always say that if the neo-cons had their way they would roll back our standard of living to that of Mexico in order to "compete". Why do you think the workers in the United States has to high of a standard of living? Why do you want to see their wages fall?

Simply put....If Hostess or any other company cannot pay a decent wage then they cannot afford to stay in business. By the way...(The CEO gave himself MILLIONS in bonuses).

Get your head out of your ass and learn the truth.

Who Killed Hostess Brands and Twinkies? - Forbes

Former Hostess Twinkies CEO tripled salary to $2.5m before bankruptcy

How has the union made Hostess uncompetitive if their product prices ear the lowest in the industry?

Everything I have read says sales are down & pension fund was raided. None of this can be blamed on the union.

You only believe what you are told by the unions and the progressives, despite common sense. I'm not surprised.

Which is why I always say that if the neo-cons had their way they would roll back our standard of living to that of Mexico in order to "compete". Why do you think the workers in the United States has to high of a standard of living? Why do you want to see their wages fall?

Simply put....If Hostess or any other company cannot pay a decent wage then they cannot afford to stay in business. By the way...(The CEO gave himself MILLIONS in bonuses).

Get your head out of your ass and learn the truth.

Who Killed Hostess Brands and Twinkies? - Forbes

Former Hostess Twinkies CEO tripled salary to $2.5m before bankruptcy

The amazing gullibility of the left wing mind. If it wasn't destroying the country, it would be funny.

How has the union made Hostess uncompetitive if their product prices ear the lowest in the industry?

Hostess products are of better quality but over priced.

On average I see Hostess charging 25% more than their closest competitor.

Last edited:
Hostess will be saved, but it won't be Obama and it certainly won't be the unions. They've got a brand name and that's worth a lot. Someone will buy it and take production to a right-to-work state. Believe me, others will follow.

How has the union made Hostess uncompetitive if their product prices near the lowest in the industry?

You only believe what you are told by the unions and the progressives, despite common sense. I'm not surprised.

I shop at their store. I know their prices are low. I did not read that from any source.

Prove any of it wrong.

The PBGC says they will have to cover the money missing from the pension fund. That means US tax payers have to pay corporate raiders.

Last edited:
Hostess will be saved, but it won't be Obama and it certainly won't be the unions. They've got a brand name and that's worth a lot. Someone will buy it and take production to a right-to-work state. Believe me, others will follow.

From the offers, it looks like Hostess will be bought by a mexican company and production moved to mexico, just like Sara Lee.

Forum List

Back