The TSA I Getting Out Of Control

A lot of people are bumbling idiots. That's irrelevant, it's a training issue not an issue of whether or not the TSA is necessary - which I've not even said either or.

Agree, its is training. In my opinion they need to be trained to profile and search. They need to be trained in transmission of viruses and bacteria. They need to be trained to repack a bag that they have just destroyed.

that last one.........damn. Most agreeable thing I've ever read on here.

Ever seen one of the suit case style tool bags? Everything in a slot and arranged just so? Everything was taken out of its slot, throw back in a jumble and locked. :evil:

The TSA does almost nothing and yet is entirely too invasive. It needs to be abolished altogether and replaced with a reasonable security system. It is a sad joke that the passengers need to fend off more attacks then the TSA does.

The TSA started going south once it was taken over and unionized by Obama.

Nonsense. Obama had nothing to do with it.

Any type of extreme invasion of privacy = rights going south.

I cannot see any terrorists coming up from Mexico. They might get shot.

Horseshit. The TSA falls under Homeland Defense....and the sec of Homeland Defense gets her orders directly from Obama.

Btw, numb-nuts.....Arabs have been masquerading as Mexicans for close to a decade. The problem isn't getting into the U.S.....it's getting back into Mexico that seems difficult these days.

The guy who said that you can't have lint, or "anything" in your pockets lied to you.

Also - before this past year, I had no clue what Rand Paul even looked like. Pardon them that he sent the sensor off and then declined a search, I mean, who really "started it," as far as the "scene" was concerned?

Hey, disagree that we need the TSA. Go for it. But they're there for now, and buying a ticket means you voluntarily made yourself susceptible. Nation of laws, and all that. Personal choice, and all that. etc.

This is nowhere as big a deal as people make it out to be.

I guess it's because those GD Tea Party members are terrorist bastards that should be shook down and strip-searched at every opportunity.

Wait until you go through a tsa roadblock and you had no intention of traveling by air or rail. I heard this is already going on.

The last time I flew was in the end of the golden age of air travel. Folks dressed up, the stewardresses were all young and very pretty, and you were treated like a king. Oh, and I smoked when the light went off, and no one thought anything about it.

I will not fly again until they start treating us like humans again, who are their customers and appreciate us. I won't hold my breath.

Wait until you go through a tsa roadblock and you had no intention of traveling by air or rail. I heard this is already going on.

The last time I flew was in the end of the golden age of air travel. Folks dressed up, the stewardresses were all young and very pretty, and you were treated like a king. Oh, and I smoked when the light went off, and no one thought anything about it.

I will not fly again until they start treating us like humans again, who are their customers and appreciate us. I won't hold my breath.

I heard it explained as a form of training.

First they take away little bit of you're dignity, then they take a little bit more, and a little more...and eventually they have a country full of cattle willing to do anything just to be left alone.

The guy who said that you can't have lint, or "anything" in your pockets lied to you.

Also - before this past year, I had no clue what Rand Paul even looked like. Pardon them that he sent the sensor off and then declined a search, I mean, who really "started it," as far as the "scene" was concerned?

Hey, disagree that we need the TSA. Go for it. But they're there for now, and buying a ticket means you voluntarily made yourself susceptible. Nation of laws, and all that. Personal choice, and all that. etc.

Anytime you lose your rights for a modicum of perceived security, it is a big deal. A very big deal.
The TSA does almost nothing and yet is entirely too invasive. It needs to be abolished altogether and replaced with a reasonable security system. It is a sad joke that the passengers need to fend off more attacks then the TSA does.

No, the TSA went south when it was created out of reactionary fear. Obama has done nothing but take this kind of action on its natural course.

to your edit:

Just curious, how often do you fly?

I am 1K.... so i feel confident in saying.... they are bumbling idiots.

you keep saying that. yes, some people aren't very good but most just do their jobs.

i have found that if i'm not rude to them, smile and say thank you, they're nice to me. like anyone else.

and he's right. it's no where near as big a deal as people make it... unless, of course, they get to the checkpoint with their little cameras and make a fuss that is guaranteed to cause them problems.

Last edited:
Yup - if you capitulate and then they are nice that makes it okay. Don't follow the line like they want then I guess you got whatever is coming to you....

Unfortunately, that is not how I view freedom.

stupidity,....

a) you have no right to fly. feel free to not avail yourself of the privilege of flying.
b) i go to courthouses every day where you have to walk through mags to go in. only an idiot doesn't understand seecurity issues. in which case, you're an idiot and i don't want you around me.... especially on a plane.

that isn't "capitulation".

i will say that if you're rude to people and act like a jerk, whether you're walking through the metal detectors in an airport or when your purchase makes the bells ring when you're leaving a retail store... they're going to treat you accordingly.

Last edited:

Anytime you lose your rights for a modicum of perceived security, it is a big deal. A very big deal.

No, the TSA went south when it was created out of reactionary fear. Obama has done nothing but take this kind of action on its natural course.

So Obama's decision wasn't based on a need for union cash or to hassle us but just like a turd flowing down a drain? It's a natural thing.

Somehow I always felt a leader would want to change the flow when it's going the wrong way instead of just letting it happen. However, I seriously doubt this is what's happening. After all, Obama is a transformative leader is he not?

Last edited:

So Obama's decision wasn't based on a need for union cash or to hassle us but just like a shit flowing down a drain? It's a natural thing.

Somehow I always felt a leader would want to change the flow when it's going the wrong way instead of just letting it happen. However, I seriously doubt this is what's happening. After all, Obama is a transformative leader is he not?

No, I was saying that the rout the TSA takes is destined to go down this road - with or without unions, Obama or anything else. Establishing an agency that has almost complete control over a process out of fear of some undefined event (terrorist actions covers a HUGE number of possibilities) will become a disaster. The unionizing of TSA has absolutely zero to do with where they are. Just because you (and myself for that matter) do not like unions or their processes does not mean they are the center of every problem they are in contact with. The problems with the TSA are a function of how and why the TSA exists in the first place, not the union.

to your edit:

you keep saying that. yes, some people aren't very good but most just do their jobs.

i have found that if i'm not rude to them, smile and say thank you, they're nice to me. like anyone else.

and he's right. it's no where near as big a deal as people make it... unless, of course, they get to the checkpoint with their little cameras and make a fuss that is guaranteed to cause them problems.

I am very nice and pleasant to them jillian, i am not rude.....and so far it has gotten me no where.... excepts screwed with. Its not some of them are not good.... most of them are not good.

Lets see.... last time though. In line at the metal detector.... my bags are being sent through and i am standing waiting.... and all of a sudden some guy is on my ass and pushing past....i look at him becasue he looks like someone i would sure as hell profile... now more so since he has jumped the line and is trying to make his way past me. We look at him... look at the idiot manning the metal detector and ask him...."are you going to let him do that"..... the "oh, i guess not" is issued out of his mouth and he is told to get back in line and wait for his bags to get through screening ..... behind three peoples bags worth. He was just going to let him walk away.....

So Obama's decision wasn't based on a need for union cash or to hassle us but just like a shit flowing down a drain? It's a natural thing.

No, I was saying that the rout the TSA takes is destined to go down this road - with or without unions, Obama or anything else. Establishing an agency that has almost complete control over a process out of fear of some undefined event (terrorist actions covers a HUGE number of possibilities) will become a disaster. The unionizing of TSA has absolutely zero to do with where they are. Just because you (and myself for that matter) do not like unions or their processes does not mean they are the center of every problem they are in contact with. The problems with the TSA are a function of how and why the TSA exists in the first place, not the union.

The fact that the TSA is now government, public rather than private, dictates their natural course.

If you are hired to improve someone's travel experience rather than make it worse you tend to be a bit nicer. However, as I found out in the military, government service is really a misnomer.

Like I said earlier, it all depends on the people that are running security. In Nashville I found them to be friendly and very professional, but in Fort Lauderdale they acted very rudely. People in line were sniping at each other and I think that anyone that came out of that airport left with a bad image of the process, which doesn't help the airlines one bit.

Last edited:
If security is handled correctly they should know if you're a flight risk before you even arrive at the airport. What the TSA does instead, with their silly politically correct nonsense, tends to hinder the process and waste time and money. They go out of their way to be rude to everyone but totally ignore real targets.

Last edited:

The fact that the TSA is now government, public rather than private, dictates their natural course.

If you are hired to improve someone's travel experience rather than make it worse you tend to be a bit nicer. However, as I found out in the military, government service is really a misnomer.

Like I said earlier, it all depends on the people that are running security. In Nashville I found them to be friendly and very professional, but in Fort Lauderdale they acted very rudely. People in line were sniping at each other and I think that anyone that came out of that airport left with a bad image of the process, which doesn't help the airlines one bit.

When was the TSA private?

Security at airports was private before 9/11.

And was security part of the TSA? As far as I know, the TSA has always been government as they were created after 9/11. I might be incorrect but I don't think so. Hence why I said that it had nothing to do with the unions or anything of that nature. It had to do with the creation of the TSA (a government entity) to protect people from the bogyman.

And was security part of the TSA? As far as I know, the TSA has always been government as they were created after 9/11. I might be incorrect but I don't think so. Hence why I said that it had nothing to do with the unions or anything of that nature. It had to do with the creation of the TSA (a government entity) to protect people from the bogyman.

So what's your point???

to your edit:

A lot of people are bumbling idiots. That's irrelevant, it's a training issue not an issue of whether or not the TSA is necessary - which I've not even said either or.

Agree, its is training. In my opinion they need to be trained to profile and search. They need to be trained in transmission of viruses and bacteria. They need to be trained to repack a bag that they have just destroyed.

They need to be trained to deliver pizzas.

Forum List

Back