The TSA I Getting Out Of Control

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
illegal-stripsearch-insert.jpg

Rand Paul was hassled by the TSA, I think, because of bigotry. I think this is just one example of how the TSA thinks they can get away with just about anything.

I went through security in Miami a couple of days ago and the guy was telling us we couldn't even have lint in our pockets. No items whatsoever could be in our pockets. Not even a plastic toothpick.

Personally I think they're just trying to piss everyone off, turning airline travel into an ordeal rather than a pleasant flying experience. I'm not prone to complaining about being hassled because of my military experience, but civilians don't react well to being lined up like prison inmates and subjected to search.

200904_blog_harper.jpg

What is the point of this police-state shakedown at the airport?

It's obvious they can't profile anyone.

Senators as well as a 3 year olds get a pat-down while actual terrorists are entering our country through our Southern borders. This is not making us any safer.

I hate the tsa.

and what is that on the screen? It looks like a really long..... :eek:

Look the 9/11/01 terrorists lived a few blocks from NSA headquarters for almost two years yet pulled off their task. And plenty of people knew of this before 9/11/01.

It is possible for smart terrorists to outsmart the TSA equipment and the human operators.

I have little faith that TSA searches are making us safer.

These TSA search devices are expensive so some profiteers are doing well.

Look the 9/11/01 terrorists lived a few blocks from NSA headquarters for almost two years yet pulled off their task. And plenty of people knew of this before 9/11/01.

It is possible for smart terrorists to outsmart the TSA equipment and the human operators.

I have little faith that TSA searches are making us safer.

These TSA search devices are expensive so some profiteers are doing well.

I think it depends on who is in charge of a TSA crew.

If they have an attitude, they act like they did in Miami.

If they are trying to do their jobs well, they act like they did in Nashville. I forgot to remove my car keys from my pocket and they found them. They didn't treat me like I was a criminal.

The TSA does almost nothing and yet is entirely too invasive. It needs to be abolished altogether and replaced with a reasonable security system. It is a sad joke that the passengers need to fend off more attacks then the TSA does.

The TSA does almost nothing and yet is entirely too invasive. It needs to be abolished altogether and replaced with a reasonable security system. It is a sad joke that the passengers need to fend off more attacks then the TSA does.

The TSA started going south once it was taken over and unionized by Obama.

Nonsense. Obama had nothing to do with it.

Any type of extreme invasion of privacy = rights going south.

I cannot see any terrorists coming up from Mexico. They might get shot.

As far as i am concerned the tsa has always been nothing more then bumbling idiots.

The guy who said that you can't have lint, or "anything" in your pockets lied to you.

Also - before this past year, I had no clue what Rand Paul even looked like. Pardon them that he sent the sensor off and then declined a search, I mean, who really "started it," as far as the "scene" was concerned?

Hey, disagree that we need the TSA. Go for it. But they're there for now, and buying a ticket means you voluntarily made yourself susceptible. Nation of laws, and all that. Personal choice, and all that. etc.

This is nowhere as big a deal as people make it out to be.

Last edited:
The guy who said that you can't have lint, or "anything" in your pockets lied to you.

Also - before this past year, I had no clue what Rand Paul even looked like. Pardon them that he sent the sensor off and then declined a search, I mean, who really "started it," as far as the "scene" was concerned?

Hey, disagree that we need the TSA. Go for it. But they're there for now, and buying a ticket means you voluntarily made yourself susceptible. Nation of laws, and all that. Personal choice, and all that. etc.

And for all of that...it does not make them any less.... bumbling idiots.

to your edit:

Just curious, how often do you fly?

I am 1K.... so i feel confident in saying.... they are bumbling idiots.

to your edit:

A lot of people are bumbling idiots. That's irrelevant, it's a training issue not an issue of whether or not the TSA is necessary - which I've not even said either or.

The TSA I Getting Out Of Control

LMAO! I told you ex bushies that this is what would happen when you called me unamerican for not supporting the Patriot Act and such.

Waah! Keep us safe!

It's what happens when policy is based on fear and paranoia. We were scared into accepting all kinds of crazy things after 9/11, hopefully we will remember after the next scary thing happens.

to your edit:

A lot of people are bumbling idiots. That's irrelevant, it's a training issue not an issue of whether or not the TSA is necessary - which I've not even said either or.

Agree, its is training. In my opinion they need to be trained to profile and search. They need to be trained in transmission of viruses and bacteria. They need to be trained to repack a bag that they have just destroyed.

It's what happens when policy is based on fear and paranoia. We were scared into accepting all kinds of crazy things after 9/11, hopefully we will remember after the next scary thing happens.

What happens when they catch some guy with a bomb strapped to his chest? "sorry sir, can you step over here please?"

to your edit:

Agree, its is training. In my opinion they need to be trained to profile and search. They need to be trained in transmission of viruses and bacteria. They need to be trained to repack a bag that they have just destroyed.

that last one.........damn. Most agreeable thing I've ever read on here.

Forum List

Back