The "TRUTH" about "Wealth Distribution".

While wealth that yields unearned income is invested, the income is going to the taxpayer/owner of the invested wealth who is doing nothing to generate or earn the income. The income is simply a rent on the invested funds. The rent that is paid to the investor was earned by those that use the invested funds, which is to say, not earned by the recipient of the rents.

BTW, about 60% of the AGI of the top 2% income earners is unearned income. Personnally, I question the other 40% of earned income as being actually "earned". When I hear of Wall Street types getting multimillion dollar bonuses, I know in my heart of hearts those persons did nothing more than "arrange" to get those salaries and wages. They did nothing more than "siphon" off value created by strictly financial maneuverings. They are professional middlemen only, not really producers.

What/who is really worse? People who don't work and get less than subsistance dole from the government or clever, savvy players who produce nothing but profit on value actualy created by others and who are responsible for the latest debaucle created by Wall Street? Keep in mind that the loss in the country's wealth over the last 2 years was born only 11% by the top 2% and 42% by the rest of us...while those bums on Wall Street got (and are still getting) billions in bonuses.

The right wingers, the cons, and the pubs (pronounced 'pyoobs') try very hard to speciously and disingenuously brand the left as creating class war, while the righties endlessly villify the poor for getting the saftey net dole and do everything they can to eliminate the minimum wage, unemployment benefits, prevent 30 million people from getting health insurance and ignore the 800 lb gorilla in the room which is the lopsided concentration of wealth and income at the top.

The problem is not the people who have all the wealth, it is with the system that allows that to happen. We have to fix and mend and improve our country as a whole to allow plenty of incentive to earn, to improve, to invent and innovate, to work efficiently, and to grow through a fine tuned market/capitalist system, but the system has to be structured to disallow the abuses that lead to this horrendously lopsided concentration of wealth and income at the top and to the boom and bust business cycles. It's hurting the country, the security, and the majority of the people.

Please, don't give me the nonsence that says "what system is better that has ever existed at any other time in any other country?". That doesn't mean that the system we have is perfect and doesn't need vast improvement, because it does need improvement to eliminate the inequities I have cited. That would be like stopping all medical research now because we already have the best medical technology that ever existed.

I bet he doesn't care that a study just came out proving that a family of 3 (single mother) with a minimum wage income has more disposable income than a family of 4 with 60k in income when you include all benefits and government aid.

It comes out to about 34k in disposable income. That's all in government aid giving the minimum wage single mother a yearly income of 48k.

Last edited:
BTW, all you 'cons' do not realize that the actual distribution of wealth happens early on in the economic process. Just as an example, everytime a surgeon gets $6,000 for a three hour heart operation, that's a distribution of the patient's wealth. Every time you pay $150 for a professional basketball game's tickets, that's a distribution of your wealth, everytime you pay a CPA $350 to do a simple itemization on your 1040, that's an inequitable distribution of your wealth, every time you pay an attorney $400 an hour for his time, that's a distribution of your wealth. Every time you pay $200 to go to a rock concert, that is an inequitable distribution of your wealth. Every time you pay $90 for a prescription medication that is sold in Europe or Canada for $20 USD, that's a distribution of your wealth. And, every time you got a $100,000 home loan that was packaged in a mortgage backed security that was sold to an investor for $120,000, that was a distribution of your wealth.

There are many, many more examples of the distribution of wealth that the common Republican does't get. Actually, it happens to a greater extent in the aggegate in the many small things that we pay for such as cable TV, cell phone service, and internet service or when you pay $3.50 for a box of crackers at Vons instead of $2.50 at Trader Joe's.

All of your examples are of me "a tax paying American, and a FREE MAN" or anyone else who chose to "distribute" said "wealth" in a way I saw fit.

Big difference from the gov't doing the "distributing" for me, and me "distributing" in a way I see fit.... :eusa_hand:

After all.... it is MY money.....errrrr, wealth.

I bet he doesn't care that a study just came out proving that a family of 3 (single mother) with a minimum wage income has more disposable income than a family of 4 with 60k in income when you include all benefits and government aid.

It comes out to about 34k in disposable income. That's all in government aid giving the minimum wage single mother a yearly income of 48k.

In Entitlement America, The Head Of A Household Of Four Making Minimum Wage Has More Disposable Income Than A Family Making $60,000 A Year | zero hedge

Hey, Mitch, you need to get off your ass and get to work, too. You're not entitled to anything that belongs to anyone else.

You say that as if you have a job. Disability isn't a "job", it's "government" income. Cut that and you will be living in the streets. So much for Republican support. What are going to do then?

Hey, Mitch, you need to get off your ass and get to work, too. You're not entitled to anything that belongs to anyone else.

You say that as if you have a job. Disability isn't a "job", it's "government" income. Cut that and you will be living in the streets. So much for Republican support. What are going to do then?
well we could take a page from the leftists, bundle em up to a concentration camp and gas them. That'd take care of the problem AND make government jobs that could unionize.

I'm not on disability, you moron. I'm active duty military. Idiot. :lol:

He couldn't tell the difference even if you spelled it out for him.

pssst... those are RINOs. Too much liberal in them makes them elegible for DSSI

Is that kind of like wealth distribution of hundreds of years of free labor from slaves? Only the wealth was distributed to the white man and not the black,etc. Is that reverse distribution of wealth?

I would like to know just how much in total, in the aggregate economy, that families of 3 headed by a woman actually take advantage of all those benefits that yield more disposable income than similar families of three with a household income of $60,000. If this is totality of your defense to everything I said, you need to demonstrate the actual effect to the whole economy, which you have failed to do.

For the top 2% earners, 60% of their AGI is ‘unearned income’ is subject to taxation.

The major, major error that you cons like to ‘con’ yourselves with is to attack with the blanket complaint of ‘collectivism’. Very weak. There is nothing in my posts that indicates collectivism, that is your inference due to an inability to read carefully and your lack of a real criticism with substance. Typical right wing stuff.

When you become frustrated, you fall back on specious statements. That’s what Rush Limbaugh’s career is based on; to talk at the below average mentalities with slogans and specious blanket attack statements. Great place for all jingoists to gather.

Look, to those fools who go around equating freedom itself with the absolute right to enter economic trade that admittedly favors a lopsided concentration of wealth and income at the top, I say to you that you are as stupid as cattle that voluntarily walk into the slaughterhouse.

A market economy doesn’t have to favor such inequity. You dummies have been successfully brain washed by people smarter than you and who are bent on preserving their unfair advantages. I find it absolutely unbelievable that you dummies who earn much less than $250,000 per year (especially those of you who will never earn above $250K) actually favor a tax break for those who earn more that $250,000. I can almost close my case on that stupidity alone. Man, you guys are hopeless.

Our economy is a work-in-progress, always has been. We have to work as a society to sculpt our economy to truly preserve competition, to truly permit fair trade, to make it easier to become an entrepreneur, to provide a fairer compensation for actual productive work done and a system that doesn’t over compensate for financial maneurverism alone, and stop the horrendously large compensation that provides the incentive to enter into risky financial behavior that has led our country into a damaging recession like the one we are in now.

Wise up, you are shooting yourselves in the foot.

Your post absolutely drip with both collectivist attitudes and rank covetousness.

When those fail, as they always do, you shift into ad hominem and projection modes.

You're not giving anyone here anything they haven't already seen a zillion times, tovarich.

You give us "You dummies have been successfully brain washed by people smarter than you " and "I know in my heart of hearts those persons did nothing more than "arrange" to get those salaries and wages" and want substance in return?

Get the fuck over yourself.

Forum List

Back