The truth about Truman’s bombing Japan

Sure, it kinda HAD to be. Ever see a war that wasn't?

Wrong. The nuking of Japan was a DEFENSIVE action taken after every effort to negotiate peace had been rejected by their emperor, making the Japan events final desperate attempts to END the war and gain PEACE.
What the Nazis and Japan did was an OFFENSIVE action making the Japanese and German actions attempts to START war and facilitate further AGGRESSION.
Silly myths Americans believe.

Okinawa was a total waste as was Iwo Jima. There never was a need to occupy these islands. A naval blockade and bombardment would have saved so many lives and accomplished the same thing. It’s as if the generals and admirals who never risked their lives, sought more medals.
How many millions of Japanese civilians are you willing to starve to death with your blockade? Not to mention EVERY Allied POW since whatever food there would be would go to the military. Plus your blockade would allow the IJA forces on mainland Asia to continue killing civilians, allied civilian internees as well as Chinese and Commonwealth troops by the thousands per week. You always ignore minor facts like that.

And how many would have died during that blockade and bombardment?
Probably not nearly as many as did due to the invasion and no American boys die or are wounded, so the brass can earn more medals. I’d have thought you'd prefer this over thousands of American casualties.

How many millions of Japanese civilians are you willing to starve to death with your blockade? Not to mention EVERY Allied POW since whatever food there would be would go to the military. Plus your blockade would allow the IJA forces on mainland Asia to continue killing civilians, allied civilian internees as well as Chinese and Commonwealth troops by the thousands per week. You always ignore minor facts like that.
Lol. The war was nearly over when they stupidly invaded Okinawa. You know that right? You know the invasion caused huge numbers of civilian casualties, right?

Probably not nearly as many as did due to the invasion and no American boys die or are wounded, so the brass can earn more medals. I’d have thought you'd prefer this over thousands of American casualties.

Obviously you have no idea of how many would have died from starvation alone. Famines are actually one of the greatest killers during war, as well as disease.

A blockade on Japan would have had a similar result to England during the war if not for US, Canadian, and other convoys able to break through the German blockade. But to put it into perspective, in the Soviet Union around 8 million starved to death during the war. Over 2 million starved to death in China. Over a million starved to death in French Indochina. And Japan was not self-sufficient in food production, it completely relied upon the importation of food so prevent them from starving.

And I guess you just thought Japan would do nothing. The most heavily fortified cities at the time were in Japan. Tokyo had massive fortification surrounding the bay and inlets, in addition to the mines they had scattered all around their coastline.

Lol. The war was nearly over when they stupidly invaded Okinawa. You know that right?

Wrong, the war continued for another 6 months, it was nowhere near over. By your logic, the Battle of the Bulge was a waste of time and should never have been fought. Because that also occurred six months before Germany surrendered.

As usual, your silly claims have absolutely no connection to reality. But tell me this, if the Allied Armies had just stopped at the Rhine and Polish-German border and never entered the country and tried to starve them out, how long would the war in Germany have continued? Because you are essentially making the exact same claim for Japan.

But once again I ask you to back up your claim. Name a single war that had an enemy surrender without an invasion. Where they surrendered because of a blockade.

The truth often is to the ignorant and closed minded.
What you believe is a fantasy. All the contemporary accounts AND the Japanese’s own records show your fictional belief to be a lie. In the Japanese government’s own wartime records the ruling council was perfectly clear that they had no intention of surrender. That’s concrete written records that substantiate the contemporary US intercepts. You can go on as long as you want claiming the sky is red, but it’s still blue.

What you believe is a fantasy. All the contemporary accounts AND the Japanese’s own records show your fictional belief to be a lie. In the Japanese government’s own wartime records the ruling council was perfectly clear that they had no intention of surrender. That’s concrete written records that substantiate the contemporary US intercepts. You can go on as long as you want claiming the sky is red, but it’s still blue.
I suppose in your mind you think I’m the only one holding these beliefs.

I suppose in your mind you think I’m the only one holding these beliefs.

There are also people who believe the government is holding aliens, that aliens really run the government, and that there were thousands of people involved in the US faking 9-11.

And we tend to laugh at those as well.

Hell, there are people who claim that plants are intelligent and we should not eat them because of that. That does not mean their beliefs are real.

Forum List

Back