The truth about Truman’s bombing Japan

That’s Monday Morning Quarterbacking

The entire nation was ready to die for the Emperor and take as many Americsns with them as possible
Means nothing. They wanted to surrender. Let them.

Truman accepted their one condition, but only after he committed his war crime. Sick fuck!

Means nothing. They wanted to surrender. Let them.

Truman accepted their one condition, but only after he committed his war crime. Sick fuck!
The japanese floated many trial balloons that were nothing more than that

The actual leaders of japan at the time were willing to allow the japanese people to die for the honor of the emperor even after the atomic bombs were dropped

Only direct intervention of that same emperor forced the militarists to back down and concede the war was lost

The japanese floated many trial balloons that were nothing more than that

The actual leaders of japan at the time were willing to allow the japanese people to die for the honor of the emperor even after the atomic bombs were dropped

Only direct intervention of that same emperor forced the militarists to back down and concede the war was lost
Lol. Again, meaningless. Try to stay on point.

Do you have dementia like old Joe?

Lose? How’s that possible? We won long before August ‘45. Accept their surrender and go home.
Oh? That would put us in the middle of the Battle of Okinawa.

Where in Okinawa did a soldier wave the white flag?

Which commander ordered surrender?

Which commanders, soldiers, at which part of the battle, simply surrendered?

Fill us in with the details. Go ahead and use your memory, we obviously do not need links from someone who knows what they are talking about. So go ahead and tell us the story.

Yet daylight bombing had occurred for many months before August ‘45.

Yes, and?

The US started daylight bombing missions over Europe in 1942, and never stopped until WWII was over. The US simply had more belief in the improved accuracy of daylight bombing, as opposed to the British and Germans who preferred to bomb at night.

So you scream that means that Japan was destroyed and about to surrender. Do tell me, was Germany about to surrender in June 1942? They bombed Germany for almost 3 years in the daylight, so according to your reasoning that they had started that over Japan "months before" August 1945, the war should have lasted until 1948? Because that was when the US started daylight bombing in Europe June 1942. And it continued until Hitler assumed room temperature.

You literally just used about the most retarded claim that was possible as the reason for your claim that Japan was done.

Oh, and no they did not "save" Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Both had been bombed before, Nagasaki quite extensively as it was a major port facility for Japan and home to the Japanese Submarine Service. Oh, and Nagasaki was also where the IJN Musashi was built and based.

Oh, and here is the final proof of how retarded your claims are. Nagasaki was not even the target for the second bomb!

You see, the actual target site for the attack on 9 August was the city of Kokura. That city like Hiroshima and Nagasaki was heavily damaged by bombing raids, as it was home to several large Army bases and a military airfield. However, the weather was bad and low clouds obscured Kokura so Bockscar was diverted to the secondary target, Nagasaki.

Yet once again you practically scream how little you know of actual history.

Of course! It’s always best to believe the criminal establishment. They know best. Any descending views are forbidden.

ORWELL LIVES IN YOU!
WWII has been closely studied by hundreds of thousands of historians and only a tiny number agree with the anti-Truman revisionist camp

Oh, I can answer that quite easily as I had been there myself.

On 21 June after the final command post was surrounded and about to be captured, Admiral Minoru Ota, General Mitsuru Ushijima and General Isamu Cho all killed themselves. They all ordered those under them to continue to resist until nobody was left alive, then Admiral Ota shot himself in the head with his pistol. Generals Ushijima and Cho committed seppuku.

And to give an idea, the senior commander of Japanese forces at that point was Admiral Matome Ugaki. After hearing the Jewel Voice broadcast of Emperor Showa ordering all armed forces to surrender on 15 August, he led a flight of 11 aircraft on a suicide mission. His body was recovered on 16 August 1945 off Iheya Island, just a bit farther north from Ie Shima.

So the most senior leaders on the island all ordered continued resistance to the death, then killed themselves. The next senior leader after that staged an 11 plane suicide attack after the Emperor ordered all Japanese forces to stop fighting.

The most senior survivor of the Japanese in the Battle of Okinawa was Colonel Hiromichi Yahara. His instructions from General Ushijima was to continue to use the remaining forces and to fight from the caves and in hiding for as long as possible. However, he was to not die, his orders were to find a way to escape from Okinawa and return to Tokyo where he could deliver the final messages of Admiral Ugaki and Generals Cho and Ushijima to the General Staff.

He actually donned civilian clothes and hid among the civilians once the main battle ended, He was part of over 50 civilians, and for over three weeks the US forces believed he was as he claimed, a civilian English teacher. However, his real identity was eventually discovered and shortly before he was to have escaped from the work camp to continue his final mission of returning to Tokyo.

But the short answer is none, all of the commanders ordered continued resistance before they killed themselves. The final one taking down with him over 30 other people after the Emperor ordered the surrender.

One place I encourage all who may visit Okinawa to visit is the Prefecture Peace Park, which is near Itoman. That is where the final leadership all killed themselves, and a great many memorials cover the area and are dedicated to all who died in the war.

Last edited:
Any descending views are forbidden.

"Descending views"? You mean, like your views are going down into the basement, sewer, or toilet?

Wow, so illiterate that you can not tell the difference between "descending" and "dissenting".

Oh, and dissenting views are not forbidden, they are simply laughed at as they are generally stupid and make absolutely no sense. Like the ones you have been trying to claim in almost every topic I see you posting in.

WWII has been closely studied by hundreds of thousands of historians and only a tiny number agree with the anti-Truman revisionist camp
That’s good enough for you, but you can’t think.

WWII has been closely studied by hundreds of thousands of historians

Hell, we even have first hand reports and records of all that was going on.

I have long encouraged people to read the Sato-Togo Telegrams. It is a rather long and impressive series of messages from Japanese Ambassador to the Soviet Union Naotake Sato to and from Japanese Foreign Minister Shigenori Togo. Ambassador Sato was the "front man" of Japan in trying to have the Soviets act as an intermediary and have them present their offer of an armistice to the Allied Powers. The telegrams are quite salty, as the Ambassador was constantly berating his superiors, telling them that they had to get serious about discussing surrender and putting an end to the war. And Minister Togo being quite salty back, telling him there would be absolutely no mention of the word "Surrender", and that if Japan could not have peace on their terms they would fight on to the end.

And the most beautiful thing about this exchange, is that the US was likely reading the messages even before the people sending them were. Because of MAGIC we had completely broken their diplomatic codes, and were reading them almost in real time as Japan was having to still decode them manually. And the messages are legitimate, as both Sato and Togo admitted to their authenticity after the war, and the Japanese copies were located in their own records after the war concluded.

There was never any attempt by Japan to surrender. They were only willing to consider an armistice, or an end to the fighting. With a reset of all forces to the borders as they existed before December 1941.

It is rather stupid for somebody to claim that Japan was about to surrender, when every single member of the Japanese Leadership and all of their meetings and records indicated they were willing to fight on to the death rather than surrender. And if the Imperial Council had not become deadlocked it likely would have continued until the final end.

Lose? How’s that possible? We won long before August ‘45. Accept their surrender and go home.
Oh? That would put us in the middle of the Battle of Okinawa.

The fact is, Japanese leaders never surrendered until ordered to do so. Japanese soldiers almost never surrendered.

Oh, some were captured indeed, but surrender was almost unheard of. That is why of the almost 5,000 personnel on Tarawa, only 17 Japanese soldiers were captured alive. All of them wounded in the battle and unable to resist being captured. None actually "surrendered".

And that was repeated all through the war. On almost every battlefield, the only Japanese captured were so badly wounded they could not fight on any longer. That is why of the over 21,000 on Iwo Jima, only 215 were taken prisoner. Hell, on Saipan over 5,000 Japanese civilians committed suicide (many from jumping off of cliffs) rather than surrendering.

The only battle of the entire war that saw significant numbers of soldiers captured was Okinawa. Where a lot of the soldiers actually did surrender. However, by that time Japan was also using a large number of conscripts who were forced into uniform from Okinawa itself as well as Korea. And as they did not have the same culture and beliefs as Japan, they were not as suicidal as their counterparts from the mainland and were willing to surrender.

But surrender of those who were culturally from Japan? Almost never. American subs even reported after sinking Japanese ships trying to render aid to the sailors in the water. And the Japanese sailors swimming away from the sub or drowning themselves as culturally to the Japanese surrender and being captured was the ultimate shame one could suffer. And death was preferred to surrender.

Oh, but there is a rather remarkable story from Okinawa about that.

p14-mansfield-okinawa-f-20150405.jpg

Towards the end of the Battle of Okinawa, a seven year old Okinawa girl named Tomiko Higa held a white flag and advanced towards US forces with several other people. She became immortalized as "The Girl with the The Flag", and is still famous on Okinawa even if few know of her elsewhere. I was fortunate enough to meet her when I was stationed there, and she actually took myself and several others I worked with on a personal tour of the island, visiting many of the battle sites and other locations and explaining what happened there. Where we toured locations like Hacksaw Ridge, Shuri Castle, Ibaru Ridge where General Buckner was killed, as well as Suicide Cliffs and the Prefecture Peace park.

But as a seven year old girl, Tomiko Higa was obviously not a "soldier".

Last edited:
What he refuses to acknowledge is that the Japanese were killing Allied POWs every day as well as hundreds of interned civilians and thousands of civilians in occupied territories every week. The Japanese were defeated, but they weren’t beaten, they still thought if they killed enough people, the USA would cave and give them favorable peace terms. The entire war was a case of Japanese delusion. First they were sure they could defeat both the British Empire and the USA each of which had hundreds of times the economic power and military might of Japan. Second, they thought the Americans would suck up the insult of a sneak attack in peacetime and not fight. Third they were convinced that the Yamato Daishi fighting spirit could overcome the inadequacies of ALL their weapons and lack of war production. As late as the invasion of the Philippines they still were convinced they could achieve a military victory despite having lost every battle after Midway. Calling the Japanese government delusional is like saying the ocean is slightly damp.
He is a troll, i am attempting to point that out.

I kind of think I know what happened. I have posted much.

I am just trying to flag a troll. The person understands everything, knows the history, nothing they post do they believe. Hence there is no need to comment in reply with an essay

My references are any reference that the fools quote from a google link. I place all comments in context and refute revisionists with the sources they dont own but which the link to, in part.

20230614_131232.jpg

Forum List

Back