The truth about the lefts hate of Citizens United

StevenC

Gold Member
Aug 14, 2009
When will those on the left admit that their opposition of Citizens United stems from the fact that it removes the power of union money in elections. Now the upper hand is being shifted to the right.
Even Rachel maddow appeared to admit that though she probably didn't mean to.
After all they had now problem when Obama outspent McCain and have no problem with unions pouring money into elections.

Last edited:
Whe will those on the left admit that their opposition of Citizens United stems from the fact that it removes the power of union money in elections.

No it doesn't. It actually increases the amount of money unions are allowed to spend on elections.

Whe will those on the left admit that their opposition of Citizens United stems from the fact that it removes the power of union money in elections.

No it doesn't. It actually increases the amount of money unions are allowed to spend on elections.

Yes but the right is benifiting more. There just isn't enough union support anymore and the left is realizing that their base is being hurt because of it.
Also the left never talks about the fact that unions can spend all that money. They only complain about corporations and lie about foreign money.

When will those on the left admit that their opposition of Citizens United stems from the fact that it removes the power of union money in elections. Now the upper hand is being shifted to the right.
After all they had now problem when Obama outspent McCain and have no problem with unions pouring money into elections.

My opposition to CU v. FEC is it is anti-democratic. It matters not if Unions or Industry or foreign nations make and enforce our laws. What CU does is puts more power (influence is power) in the hands of powerful self intersts and reduces the power of the individual.

Last edited:
Doesn't negate the fact that Unions poor millions into Dem coffers every year.

Thats somehow not buying an election??

My opposition to CU v. FEC is it is anti-democratic. It matters not if Unions or Industry or foreign nations make and enforce our laws. What CU does is puts more power (influence is power) in the hands of powerful self intersts and reduces the power of the individual.

Horsepucky.

Just turn the TV off if you don't want to watch political ads.

Congress shall make no laws abridging the freedom of speech just because you find it distasteful.

Horsepucky.

Congress shall make no laws abridging the freedom of speech just because you find it distasteful.

I'm convinced. You're as partisan as most of the right wingers and as stupid as Willow Tree [didn't know your posts carry that much influence, huh?)

Horsepucky.

I'm convinced. You're as partisan as most of the right wingers and as stupid as Willow Tree [didn't know your posts carry that much influence, huh?)

This is not a 'partisan' matter.

The left was quite happy when they were getting the majority of campaign contributions. They just complain when the right gets campaign contributions.

Horsepucky.

Actually it is; that conclusion might require a bit of thought so I understand your confusion.

Yet you never complained about the power that the unions wielded. Why is that?
And how is it anti-democratic? Just because you disagree with it?
Also how does it put power into anyones hands? Are they forcing you to vote against your wishes?

No it doesn't. It allows for unlimited money from corportations and other special interest groups to compete with limited union money.

Doesn't negate the fact that Unions poor millions into Dem coffers every year.

Thats somehow not buying an election??

That is the question I am trying to get answered. It is why I have come to the cunclusion I have and why I started this thread.

No it doesn't. It allows for unlimited money from corportations and other special interest groups to compete with limited union money.

I see you don't understand the ruling. It allows unions to spend as much money as well. This is the part that the left always ignores.

Actually it is; that conclusion might require a bit of thought so I understand your confusion.

How is it partisan?
If anything it is partisan because the left doesn't like it because corporations can compete with unions. And with unions becomming less powerful the left is running scared.

Yes, in the same way removing the salary cap in football would allow the Jets and the Jaguars to spend more...

Horsepucky.

It absolutely is. Your party is slavishly wed to corporate interests, and you're promoting a policy that creates even more corporate corruption in the political system.

The left was quite happy when they were getting the majority of campaign contributions. They just complain when the right gets campaign contributions.

And that's the heart of the matter.

No, the heart of that matter is that's it's unethical for corporations to have such an outside influence in our elections. You guys are incredibly naive if you think it gives you a permanent advantage. Democrats will just find which sectors they're okay with buttering up and sucking in the corporate cash from those parts of the economy.

Forum List

Back