The truth about the economic collapse must be told!

How nice it would be if the mess was simple like you propose. Simple is good. Simple is understandable. But the mess is anything but simple.

How nice it would be if there was a discernable villain like Mr. Frank. It would be plausible for Conservatives to pin all the blame on him. Simple. Like your politics.

But you have to understand the credit default swap scheme. You have to understand the derivatives markets. And, most importantly, you have to understand what happened to the regulations that USED to prevent messes like this.

But then you might actually learn that deregulation is just like taking cops off the beat. What happens then? Why the crime rate goes up. Simple, isn't it?
As you will see, if you bother to read the thread, i'm not absolving the repub's of blame. I'm simply stating that the dem's up here refuse to accept responsibility for their parties failings. Refusing to accept that the dem's got this ball of a mess rolling with Clinton, and they continued on with the mess while keeping their heads buried up their asses. The dem's took the majority in '06, why didn't THEY do anything about it then?..Why did THEY continue on blatantly trying to mislead the people?

O''reilly continually asked that question of Fwank repeatedly, and Fwank sat their and chose to ONCE AGAIN lie his fat ass off in front of the people.

Shall we get that lil' video out?

LOL way to blame clinton. HAHAH don't you know that he isn't president anymore?

BTW which party controlled the congress back when clinton was president?? LOL

Furthermore, the dems won the election in 06 but they didn't take the majority until 07.

In 06 republicans were still in charge and despite the fact that they claimed something was wrong they NEVER DID ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

And despite the ineptitude of the republicans you are trying to blame the democrats because the republicans chose to do NOTHING when they had the ability to do something.

The republicans were driving the car from 2003 to 2007 and they CHOSE to do nothing to avoid the crisis and your opening video is intended to blame ONLY the democrats.
Yes, you did try to hedge your bets halfway through the thread and say that the dems are "just as responsible" as the republicans but it's obvious that the intent of this thread is to blame democrats for the crisis. Your title and OP further expose that as the intent.
And you continue to abjectly refuse to hold your party accountable. Thanks for proving my point!.....Back to ignore. I gave ya' a chance. Some things just never change with the spineless kool-aid drinkers!

Kind of a long address and it could probably be shortened. Copy and paste this and it will take you right to a list of 17, yes 17 times the Reps tried to do something about Fannie and Freddie.

Gateway Pundit

Whether you want to believe it or not is up to you.

LOL so they failed 17 times?? How many of those where they in the majority?? LOL

You guys are a joke, you wish to blame the minority party back then becuase you claim they obstructed when you offer NO actual proof that they did anything to prevent any bill from being passed even as you show that the republicans CHOSE to do NOTHING about it.

Fast forward to now and how the right refuses to blame the minority party despite the fact that they ARE actually obstructing and filibustering.
Nice hpyocrisy. LOL

Oh and as to your list of 17 times in 2008 the problem is that the crisis became apparent YEARS before that and according to wiki (the source you provided early) the crisis became apparent in 2005-2006 when the housing bubble burst. BTW who was in charge of congress in 2005 and 2006 when this crisis became apparent and yet they CHOSE to do NOTHING about it?? That's right, it was the republicans. LOL

How can you prevent something that already occured??

So once again you are left with the FACT that republicans had a chance to do something about it and did NOTHING and you want to try and blame the democrats for the ineptitude of the republicans. LOL

First warning came in the early 2000's...by McCain.
Many after.
Even had a hearing where the "investigator" was admonished by a Claire Mkasshole who said fannie was doing just fine and that he, the "investigator" was wasting tax payer money and congresses time with his crap.....as she continually praised the leadership of FM...Frnklin, "where is my 90 million dollars" Raines....

So you just came across as the total ass that you are.

And having the majority does not mean you can just pass things through.....

Not like what Reid and Pelosi had...where they can just pass anything through...but couldnt!

LOL nice BS and spin based ATTACK but in the end that is all you are left with. Nothing but an empty pointless post meant to attack the messenger. LOL

This thread was started based on a video that misrepresented the situation and avoids admitting that FACT that the republicans were in charge and did NOTHING to prevent what you hypocritical righties claim that they saw coming. I have asked over and over again how did the minority democrats block or obstruct the majoirity republicans from bringing a bill to the floor and ahve got NO answer. Because the FACT is that NO bill was put on the floor for a debate and the democrats didn't have the power to block or obstruct the republicans from doing so. The republcians made that choice and therefore it's their own damn fault.

oh wow mccain warned about it back in 2000 but what did he DO about it? he co-sponsered a piece of legislation that his own party didn't send to the floor. Republicans were in charge and therefore they controlled the agenda and what bills went to to floor for a vote. They chose not to send the bill in question to the floor and you morons are trying to blame the minority dems for the CHOICE republicans made.

The funny thing is that you attack me and call me an ass when all i did was quote the same source that was presented to me earlier. LOL then in the process you expose yourself aas nothing but a didhoenst hack as you try to hedge your bets with your BS about "And having the majority does not mean you can just pass things through" which is the exact argument that the right is using to attack the left NOW. LOL then to follow that up you bring up ried and pelosi as you try to maintain both side of your contradiction. LOL

Either you apply the same standard to everyone or you end up coming across as the total ass that you are. LOL

Last edited:
As you will see, if you bother to read the thread, i'm not absolving the repub's of blame. I'm simply stating that the dem's up here refuse to accept responsibility for their parties failings. Refusing to accept that the dem's got this ball of a mess rolling with Clinton, and they continued on with the mess while keeping their heads buried up their asses. The dem's took the majority in '06, why didn't THEY do anything about it then?..Why did THEY continue on blatantly trying to mislead the people?

O''reilly continually asked that question of Fwank repeatedly, and Fwank sat their and chose to ONCE AGAIN lie his fat ass off in front of the people.

Shall we get that lil' video out?

Furthermore, the dems won the election in 06 but they didn't take the majority until 07.

In 06 republicans were still in charge and despite the fact that they claimed something was wrong they NEVER DID ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

And despite the ineptitude of the republicans you are trying to blame the democrats because the republicans chose to do NOTHING when they had the ability to do something.

The republicans were driving the car from 2003 to 2007 and they CHOSE to do nothing to avoid the crisis and your opening video is intended to blame ONLY the democrats.
Yes, you did try to hedge your bets halfway through the thread and say that the dems are "just as responsible" as the republicans but it's obvious that the intent of this thread is to blame democrats for the crisis. Your title and OP further expose that as the intent.
And you continue to abjectly refuse to hold your party accountable. Thanks for proving my point!.....Back to ignore. I gave ya' a chance. Some things just never change with the spineless kool-aid drinkers!

HAHAH aww the koolaid drinking coward is running away AGAIN. LOL Your spin was proven FLAWED so you attack me and then run away. How typical. LOL

Funny thing is that you blame the democrats during a time when they had no power to prevent the republicans from bringing a bill to the floor and yet the republcians CHOSE to do NOTHING.

personal responsibility. Ever hear of that?? I seem to remember you preaching it to others so why don't you apply that same standard to your own party??

Funniest thing of all is that you attack me for blaming bush, which I did not do in this thread, and say how that is "wearing thin" and then you go back to blame clinton. HAHAHA Way to expose your hypocrisy.

Last edited:

HAHAH aww the koolaid drinking coward is running away AGAIN. LOL Your spin was proven FLAWED so you attack me and then run away. How typical. LOL

Funny thing is that you blame the democrats during a time when they had no power to prevent the republicans from bringing a bill to the floor and yet the republcians CHOSE to do NOTHING.

personal responsibility. Ever hear of that?? I seem to remember you preaching it to others so why don't you apply that same standard to your own party??

Funniest thing of all is that you attack me for blaming bush, which I did not do in this thread, and say how that is "wearing thin" and then you go back to blame clinton. HAHAHA Way to expose your hypocrisy.
Personal responsibility?

Yeah, why don't you practice it, and quit wasting your employers time and money posting on a message board all day. Don't even try and deny that you're doing it, You admitted to it long ago. If you have nothing to do, tell your emoployer, i'm quite sure they can find something productive.

Your abject phoniness knows no bounds!

Personal responsibility?

Yeah, why don't you practice it, and quit wasting your employers time and money posting on a message board all day. Don't even try and deny that you're doing it, You admitted to it long ago. If you have nothing to do, tell your emoployer, i'm quite sure they can find something productive.

Your abject phoniness knows no bounds!

LOL So once again you can't actually debate the FACTS because you know your spin was flawed, so you try to make this about me. LOL Attacking me does NOTHING to validate your flawed arguments. LOL

I do what my employer at my asks me to do. If I have no responsibilities left I pass the time by doing many different things this being one of them.

My boss knows about it and has NO problems with it. BTW what does that have to do with me and personal responsibility? I take care of my job and my responsiblities so how is that NOT being personally responsible? LOL

Now that your lame personal attacks have been addressed how about you get back to showing how dishonest you are as you continue to try and blame the democrats when the republicans CHOSE to do nothing. LOL

Republicans were in charge and they controlled the agenda so how about you apply your standard of personal responsibility to them instead of dishonestly trying to shift the blame to the democrats??

Last edited:
The truth's in the video.

The dem's covered up. The lobbyists and special interests won out, and we americans are paying for it. Particularly the morons who were ignorant enough to get themselves in over their heads.

Clinton and the dem's pushed that affordable housing BS to the hilt. Give those who can't afford those homes, HOMES!.... Fuck it, if it fails, NOOOOO PROBLEM, we'll just spin and deflect. Blame it on the repubs!....We'll just lie, threaten and bully in order to continue the charade. We'll set the lobbyists lose.....Yeah, that's the ticket!......And in the end, the taxpayers will flip the bill.....After all, that's the way we dem's do business!......Oh, and hey, If Dodd wants that sweetheart rate that no other american citizen can possibly obtain, GIVE IT TO HIM!, hell, he's one of our best liars!....We'll cover his ass, NO PROBLEM!

LMAO!

Fucking idiots!

The truth's in the video people. Just take notes on who's still sitting in their seats as we speak. Notice who was doing the warning, and who was doing the lying!..Vote the liars out come this November!

Last edited:
The truth's in the video.

The dem's covered up. The lobbyists and special interests won out, and we americans are paying for it. Particularly the morons who were ignorant enough to get themselves in over their heads.

Clinton and the dem's pushed that affordable housing BS to the hilt. Give those who can't afford those homes, HOMES!.... Fuck it, if it fails, NOOOOO PROBLEM, we'll just spin and deflect. Blame it on the repubs!....We'll just lie, threaten and bully in order to continue the charade. We'll set the lobbyists lose.....Yeah, that's the ticket!......And in the end, the taxpayers will flip the bill.....After all, that's the way we dem's do business!......Oh, and hey, If Dodd wants that sweetheart rate that no other american citizen can possibly obtain, GIVE IT TO HIM!, hell, he's one of our best liars!....We'll cover his ass, NO PROBLEM!

LMAO!

Fucking idiots!

The truth's in the video people. Just take notes on who's still sitting in their seats as we speak. Notice who was doing the warning, and who was doing the lying!..Vote the liars out come this November!

LOL the video does NOT show that the dems covered anything up. The video shows dems making statements and shows nothing of a coverup.

Once again jester makes shite up in a desperate and dishonest attempt to substantiate his flawed arguments.

The truth is in the FACTS and the FACTS show that republicans were in charge of congress from jan 2003 until jan 2007, therefore the REPUBLICANS CONTROLLED THE AGENDA and they did NOTHING and jester is trying oh so desperately to dishonestly blame democrats when it was the republicans who CHOSE to do NOTHING.

Oh and I just love how jester brings up how wrong it is to blame bush

The blame Bush for EVERYTHING bullshit is wearing thin, people.

and then contradicts his own spin when he brings up clinton. LOL

Refusing to accept that the dem's got this ball of a mess rolling with Clinton, and they continued on with the mess while keeping their heads buried up their asses.

and

Clinton and the dem's pushed that affordable housing BS to the hilt.

So according to jester's dishonest spin, republicans can blame past democratic presidents. however, it's wrong for dems to blame W even if that is where the majority of the blame truly lies. LOL

Furthermore, you sit there and hypocritically attack me claiming "you continue to abjectly refuse to hold your party accountable." when you are the one trying to blame the dems even as you refuse to hold republicans accountable for a time when the republicans controlled congress and THEY CONTROLLED THE AGENDA. Yet, they CHOSE to do NOTHING.

Face it you have failed to prove your original argument and the FACTS show that the republicans cotrolled the agenda and did NOTHING. So your attempts to shift the blame to democrats are just dishonest and beyond absurd.

The "truth" about this economic collapse is that it was caused primarily by forces outside of politics.

People who try to blame either party have little understanding what happened in the economy and the financial markets.

Substance?

Tell us about who stood in the way of the Bush administration auditing and subjecting Fannie/Freddie to more oversight?
Dude, they'll never admit it.

Just like Obama keeps preaching, it's all Bush's fault.

That shit is starting to wear thin. And as we are now seeing in recent polls, the CLEAR THINKING americans aren't buying that mantra any longer. In fact, more people than not believe Obama doesn't deserve re-election.

Fannie and Freddie are in worse shape today then they were year ago.

Yet, liberals keep saying that recesion is over. Does anyone believe in all that shit?

Ame®icano;2038009 said:
Substance?

Tell us about who stood in the way of the Bush administration auditing and subjecting Fannie/Freddie to more oversight?

That shit is starting to wear thin. And as we are now seeing in recent polls, the CLEAR THINKING americans aren't buying that mantra any longer. In fact, more people than not believe Obama doesn't deserve re-election.

Yet, liberals keep saying that recesion is over. Does anyone believe in all that shit?
Don't tell Bawney Fwank that!

Ame®icano;2038009 said:

Don't tell Bawney Fwank that!

LOL You lost a debate that you started, then you contradicted yourself and exposed your hypocrisy and then the best follow up you have is "bawney fwank"??? LOL

You asked some questions (with no question marks) back in your post #31 and I asked you (in post #36) to clarify who you were talking about along with other questions and you ran away. Why is that?? LOL

Forum List

Back